Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Elizabeth Henstridge is Jemma Simmons

Is Elizabeth/Jemma off the show for good? I would hate for her to only be used as Fitz's hallucinations all season.

Pretty sure that won't be the case.

I speculated on the S2EP1 thread that maybe she ran off b/c she really was Hydra, but as I think on this more, I'm wondering if she will end up being Madame Hydra or Viper. Both are affiliated with Kraken, who has surfaced early. I can easily see this as a plot twist to be brought out at the mid-season break.

The summary of S2E03, titled “Making Friends and Influencing People,” is officially described as follows:

“Coulson and his team race against Hydra to get to Donnie Gill — a dangerous gifted with the ability to freeze objects — while Simmons is caught in the crossfire.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...rvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-released#/slide/1

Sounds like it brings the real Jemma Simmons back into the picture to me.

It's funny on second viewing to notice how Fitz makes a point of telling Simmons not to touch anything. It happens early on in their first scene, then again, near the end. I missed the significance of that the first time around.

Right...or when Agent May was looking directly at Fitz when asking about the cloaking device....never looked at Simmons once.....now it makes sense when May asked Fitz if he wanted her to stay......
This makes sense to have him like this....the amount of damage im sure it caused him to now...unable to make things clear.....
Good plot twist with in

Hopefully what has been shown in the Agents of Shield next week preview is a red herring. I would like to see Jemma Simmons operating undercover for Coulson if anything. I will be severely disappointed if she turns out to be a Hydra agent. Hopefully, there will be some scenes of her interacting with both Fitz and Triplett.

Me: I want Simmons to be in the next episode!!
*Sees promo* I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT BACK

I think Simmons was Hydra at some point, but crossed over long before last season.

Simmons is Hydra that's a twist but I saw it coming.

May is two for two on secret bad guys. Im guessing she wont be putting together any more teams lol

There's something more. I can feel it.

I bet she was waiting for the right time 2 convert Fitz. But now that Fitz is useless 2 Hydra. She bailed

I bet she was waiting for the right time 2 convert Fitz. But now that Fitz is useless 2 Hydra. She bailed

I had thought of that, but... in a real world scenario an Agent that attractive with a target so susceptible to her charms on all levels? I think she'd have been working other angles (nudge nudge wink wink) every opportunity she got until nature's own mind control technology had Fitz following that little tail into an active volcano if asked! Hell, I'm sure it would work on me!
They at least seems familiar with that concept on this show. Hunter says to Talbot something to the effect of "same reason all men do stupid things...I met a girl".
Hope she's mining HYDRA for tech to save Fitz.
On the other hand, in Ep1, my daughter was of the opinion Gemma was projecting into Fitz's mind using some HYDRA gadgets rather than being a hallucination, but changed up after last night. Became obvious Simmons' suggestions pushed him to break some unwritten rule perhaps, but ultimately led to finding the fix to the Creel problem. She actually would have cost HYDRA the Obelisk so, hypothesis blown. Still, I am proud of that little devious mind working on the Don't Trust Anyone level! Chip off the old block my kid is!:applaud

I sincerely doubt that Simmons is HYDRA. They wouldn't reveal that in a promo. It's just a fake-out to get people to watch the episode.

I sincerely doubt that Simmons is HYDRA. They wouldn't reveal that in a promo. It's just a fake-out to get people to watch the episode.

I had an image of Fitz in my mind, standing, with a perplexed look on his face, and wearing a T Shirt that says: I had a crush on Madame Hydra.

I had an image of Fitz in my mind, standing, with a perplexed look on his face, and wearing a T Shirt that says: I had a crush on Madame Hydra.

You mean a t-shirt that says "I had a crush on...uhhh...ummm..."
and then Simmons is standing next to him with a shirt that says "...Madame Hydra."

Looking back at season one, Ward and Garrett would have known that Simmons was Hydra. Garrett ordered Ward to kill her.

So, if she's Hydra, she'd have to have joined after the shake up and outing of the organization... like the promo said... as a new recruit. That smells like undercover to me.

Specifically, when she and Trip were challenged to "Hail Hydra" by Hand and her goons, there would have been no reason for her to not respond (unless she somehow knew that Hand was faking it?).

She's undercover.season 1...she's risks her life for SHIELD......

In a clandestine organization like HYDRA I would assume compartmentalization to the extreme. Garrett wouldn't know Agents not under his umbrella unless from prior interaction. Gemma is soooo much younger doubt they would have seen action together in the past. The other issue is that with the incredible brain in that purty lil head...would HYDRA risk her as a field operative? Were Fitz' designs that amazing they needed a genius level mole to steal intel?

And really, making her Madame Hydra is the answer that negates all those questions. And it would be the coolest damn twist they could pull IMO.

She is the real.....dare I say it......Clairvoyant! Think about it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"