Embiggen! The campaign to get kamala khan in the captain marvel movie!

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
image.jpg

And why shouldn't she be? She's an amazing character and a huge part of carols mythos now. I would love to see this.

I even have a casting suggestion! Waad Mohammed (Wadjda). She's funny and talented

Kamala is the best thing Marvel has come out with since Young Avengers and Runaways imo. I do think that they should wait a while before introducing her though. I think Carol should have some history and maybe even the Carol Corps before introducing Kamala since Carol is such a huge inspiration to her. I still really want her to become a Young Avenger in the comics.

I think they should absolutely introduce her into the MCU I can see her showing up in Inhumans first though.

Yes potential sidekick in sequel but just a supportive role in the first.

Much like Moonstone, I'd rather she be saved for the sequel. Think about all that needs to be set up in the first film. We need to see Carol gain her powers, the death of Mahr-Vell, Carol get abducted, War Machine having some sort of role, some Kree villains like Yon-Rogg and Shatterax, etc.

Introducing all of Carol's Earthbound supporting cast is too much for one film. The origin story needs to be set in space.

Also, Kamala got her start by adoring Carol. How can Carol have a fanbase if she has yet to do anything heroic?

And I wouldn't put Sarah Day or Chewie in the first film either. I know it's Phase 3 but the last thing this film needs is to be overly cluttered and have a rushed pace.

The basic plot is going to be, "Thanos releases Terrigen mists over Earth at the end of Avengers 3: Part 1. Inhumans (human/Kree hybrids) awaken. Carol is one of those. Carol gets abducted by the Kree where she's experimented upon by Yon-Rogg and rescued by Mahr-Vell. Mahr-Vell dies and it's up to Carol to lead the Kree rebel forces. Carol does something to help the rebels and defeats Yon-Rogg. Carol hitches a ride back to Earth with the Guardians after the credits."

Does that leave a lot of room for Kamala Khan to be introduced? It's great that Carol has such a big supporting cast and more than one big memorable villain but that means that there's a lot of potential for sequels.

I definitely think she should at least be in the movie even if she doesn't necessarily have a big role.

In the first movie, I'm not sure it makes sense. At least, not with powers. Her whole thing is that she's a big Ms./Captain Marvel fan. You need a Ms. Marvel first before a fan. A Terigen Bomb might be a necessary component as well. Although, it would be cool to see her as just a regular human who is a fan in the movie. Then they could hint at a Ms. Marvel movie to follow Captain Marvel.

Anyway, my personal preference is to let the comic breathe a little bit before it gets added. By all accounts, it's doing well. I'd worry what a film might do to alter the story in the comic in ways that might not be best for it.

She could have a small role in the first film as someone who's life Carol saves at one point, or they talk at one point, or both. The she can have a bigger role in the sequel(s).

Yeah, it's easy enough to just put her in there as a Carol fangirl or something, even if it's just in 1 or 2 quick scenes. I'd definitely like to see her become Ms. Marvel later on down the road.

Oh my god I forgot about chewie! Let's put him in the movie as well!

Sorry but I think it makes more sense for her to be in a later film, not the first one.

Sorry but I think it makes more sense for her to be in a later film, not the first one.
Put Kamala in a second film, when Carol is undergoing existential dread, and she needs encouragement because her psychotic therapist isn't helping.

Like others have said, it doesn't make sense for her to have a fanbase in her origin story... Unless this isn't an origin. :hmm:

A cameo is fine but a supporting role is difficult. Assuming they intend to revisit the character again in later films we'll be seeing her grow up fast between the 2-3 years of each sequel. I don't know how the folks in Twilight did it, but I stopped seeing most of the cast as high school teenagers.

I like that idea (at least one of two post-credit scenes if they want to devote one for something else).

The only caveat is make her very young (younger than the Kamela that becomes Ms. Marvel). That way they can recast if they want to should they decide to ultimately make a movie.

It's way to early for Khan to be introduced. She was created what, last year? And people already want her in a movie? There's so many other characters that deserve a spot first

Every hero needs that kid in the movie they help or whatever, right? Make that Kamala, then revisit her later when you're ready to give her powers. Good times.

Every hero needs that kid in the movie they help or whatever, right? Make that Kamala, then revisit her later when you're ready to give her powers. Good times.

Seems the easiest way to get her into the MCU. Whether in a film that features Carol in civvie ID only (say Carol is a military pilot that Capt. America meets in CIVIL WAR) or in the CAPTAIN MARVEL movie proper.

It's way to early for Khan to be introduced. She was created what, last year? And people already want her in a movie? There's so many other characters that deserve a spot first

I'm supporting it as an Easter Egg as opposed to a main character. They draw from a lot of recent Marvel comics for the movies (Civil War being a big example). Nobody as recent as Kamala Khan, but that's more acceptable for just a reference rather than a fullblown character. I'm saying either as a post-credits scene or one scene in the movie.

Although, that being said, she may only be out for one year now, but that means what, six years by the time the movie comes out?

Ms. Marvel is the best book to come out of Marvel in years, but it's way too soon.

I say maybe give her as a cameo as a little girl but save her proper debut as Ms. Marvel for a solo film in Phase 4. Let Carol and the Inhumans get some screentime first before we start introducing spin-off characters.

Would like to see her in the sequel with maybe a cameo in the first.

There's no time limit on how soon a character can appear. I mean winter soldier appeared fairly quickly.

Plus as previously mentioned she would be perfect to tie the Inhumans and captain marvel together

I really feel like they could combine her neighbor Kit and Kamala into the same character to include her in the 1st movie.

I seriously think she should be introduced in Inhumans. I do like the idea of combining her with Kit, either way I wouldn't do it in the first film.

I like the idea of combining her with Kit and giving her maybe a few seconds cameo in the film. I love the idea of one of the credit scenes being her hanging a Captain Marvel poster in her bedroom. It shows just what a hero Carol is, and I'm pretty sure I would almost cry (I get a little misty eyed watching those children play Cap. America in the first film - I don't know, it's just one of those things with me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"