Falcon and Winter Soldier EMILY VANCAMP is BACK! Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter!

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by psylockolussus, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Yeah as much as I love TWS and CW, I don’t understand why Sharon’s role was so minimal. Why involve Maria Hill at all in TWS? Sharon could have filled that role.

KevTravels and Dark Raven like this.
  2. Dr. Evil Registered

There was a lot more character development of Sharon Carter in this one whole episode. If she's to be an Avenger in the future, she's going to need a code name (probably Agent 13) and a superhero suit.

Iceman and KevTravels like this.
  3. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Given Sharon Carter's fighting prowess in the latest episode, she could easily have been on Cap's team during Civil War and held her own against the other side. She's just as capable as Black Widow who is also not super powered.

They didn't have to have an even number of members on each team. I'm sure they wouldn't have consulted with each other to see how many per side.

Iceman and KevTravels like this.
  4. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Yeah, while I wouldn't be completely shocked by either, its also entirely possible. . .

. . .that she is still, in fact, a CIA agent. After all, you know what a good cover for a spy is? A burned spy. And you know what would be a good position to plant an agent within Madripoor? A fixer.

Iceman and ScarlettW like this.
  5. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Answer: Because Maria Hill was *already* established as filling the role of "Nick Fury's right hand woman". Having her disappear only to have the same purpose filled by someone else would serve little purpose.

Likewise, most of Sharon's role in the comics was already taken by Black Widow, who as of Iron Man 2 was already "SHIELD's top operative".

6. AndrewGilkison Registered

Because Maria Hill was Fury's right hand woman in The Avengers (at the time the biggest money making Marvel Studios movie to that point). Of course they were going to bring her back in a big role, as well as Black Widow who is played by a movie star and is an Avenger. As a result of that there wasn't much room for introducing Sharon in Winter Soldier in a major role. So they clearly introduced her as a new character who would be Steve's love interest in future movies but then the next Cap movie became Civil War so Sharon definitely wasn't going to get a big role in that movie.

7. Limonade Registered

Nah. I don't think that's the case. I felt she's darker/more jaded than what we've seen her in. In this episode (Ep. 3), she seems to have a particular angle and she definitely has not worked alone in Madripoor this whole time. My current theory? She's working for or is the Power Broker.

#107 Limonade, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  8. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Wouldn't exactly say her role was big in that movie.

9. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Its not the size, its the location. She could have all of one scene, but if that one scene was in the role of "Nick Fury's right hand woman", then it still excludes Sharon from taking that role in the narrative. Well, unless you go for "Lets get rid of one character and replace them with another functionally identical character", which is generally bad advice for writing.

10. Arrow1987 Registered

Is it possible Sharon is Power Broker.

11. KevTravels Registered

I get that she wouldn't have had a bigger role but she deserved more than what she had gotten. They could have easily had her in the Airport fight scene or another scene or 2. Have her questioning throwing away her career for Cap.

Deck Rickard and Schlosser85 like this.
  12. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

It seems Sharon is keeping an eye on Walker with Government satellites seems to confirm my suspension she’s deep undercover and still working for the CIA.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  13. ComicChick I Work Too Much

Im glad she’s back in this and I hope they write something good for her. I like what I’ve seen so far.
    Kudos for EVC for coming back after all the undeserved backlash from the “fans”

Iceman likes this.
  14. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I hope she is around to stay after this show finishes. She’s justified her presence with a very good showing here.

KevTravels likes this.
  15. KevTravels Registered

Was she suppose to have a larger role on the show or just the amount of screentime that she's had? I know the actress has a tv show as well so perhaps that interfered.

16. Dr. Evil Registered

This. Also curious to see her first ever encounter with an alien. She'll likely acknowledge that she just saw an alien (by looking at it briefly) and then (if said alien is on the side of the good guys) just go about her way fighting baddies alongside that alien.

#118 Dr. Evil, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  17. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Star Emily VanCamp Wants To Wear Sharon Carter's White Comic Book Costume

I think she should. Get her in that asap!

And make sure it's white. None of these ridiculous arguments that Agents of SHIELD used that white doesn't translate well on screen as to why they made the white on Mockingbird's costume dark grey.

White Canary in Legends of Tomorrow does not wear a grey suit, and the Avengers had white time travel costumes in Endgame. Also the Ghost was in white in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

18. djsunyc Registered

black widow and florence pugh are wearing white in the black widow movie. putting her in white wouldn't make her unique anymore.

19. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Agreed
    Agent_13_001.png

Dark Raven likes this.
  20. Dr. Evil Registered

Sharon needs her superhero costume if she is last past the show, which I think she will be.

21. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

The one thing I don’t get is why Sharon hasn’t received a pardon yet. Who knew that it would be more difficult for her to get a pardon than for Bucky especially since so much has gone down since Civil War. You would think Thanos wiping out half of the universe population would lend to some leeway about who the US would consider an enemy of the state.

KevTravels likes this.
  22. djsunyc Registered

she could be lying.

Prison Mike and KevTravels like this.
  23. KevTravels Registered

^THIS
    Especially since she wasn't even at the airport battle in Civil War. All she did was get Cap and Sam's stuff and she gave Cap where Bucky was hiding. Maybe she'd lose her job but she wouldn't be in exile.

Prison Mike likes this.