Falcon and Winter Soldier EMILY VANCAMP is BACK! Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter!

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by psylockolussus, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Yeah I think this is more likely. By the end of episode 6, Sam could ask for a pardon for Sharon and then it’s revealed she already got one and could have come back to the US anytime. Then they reveal Sharon has been working for Fury/SWORD this whole time. That’s my dream scenario lol

Schlosser85 likes this.
  2. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

I’m a bit confused by Sharon’s appearance in the last episode. Any theories on this?

There is heavy speculation that she’s working for the Power Broker, or is the Power Broker. The PB wants to kill the Flag Smashers for stealing the serum. So Sharon hired Batroc to... help them? Maybe he was sent to sabotage them but that doesn’t seem to be the case since he wants to kill the Falcon. Any theories on why the PB would suddenly do an about face and help them out? The only other possibility would be if she’s not working for the PB at all and wants to get revenge on the US government for selling her out? I’m a bit confused over all this.

3. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

A little disappointed in her role in this so far. Was hoping for a little more and her activity and her role in the grand scheme of things is confusing. Hopefully we get answers in the last episode.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  4. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Poor Sharon. She always kinda gets the short end of the stick, I agree. But hopefully the last episode will make up for it.

5. Dr. Evil Registered

Sharon is working for Thunderbolt Ross, who has expressed interest in Batroc and wants Batroc to infiltrate the Flag Smashers to destroy them from within.....maybe? Likely just reaching here.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  6. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Hopefully. I thought this show would do what WandaVision did for Darcy but Sharon was really only around a little bit since episode 3. What, one scene in both episodes 4 and 5?

Dark Raven and Deck Rickard like this.
  7. Dr. Evil Registered

Darcy was barely in episode 9 but at least she had significant screen time before then.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  8. TheVileOne Registered

IMHO the scene was a red herring.

9. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I'd watch an Agent Carter six ep mini series.

10. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I can't see them keeping Sharon as a villain. It just seems like an unnecessary change from her comic version. Hoping she's still undercover for someone else or this version is an evil Skrull with the real Sharon out there trying to break free.

Dark Raven and Limonade like this.
  11. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I wonder where she appears neXt?
    Seriously her last scene gave me Revenge vibes. Revenge is Emily Vancamp's ABC show.

Dark Raven likes this.
  12. Yellow Cyclone Pessimist

i don't think she's a fullblown villain, she's just morally grey/not on the "good guys' side"

she got burned for helping steve and became jaded/disillusioned with the system and is just out for herself now since nobody else did.

13. Sawyer High King

Either that or...

Skrull.

Limonade likes this.
  14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

That'd be one thing but she wasn't worried about any of her actions leading to the possible deaths of Sam or Bucky and now plans to be her own version of Hyrdra hiding within the CIA.

Xeno likes this.
  15. Yellow Cyclone Pessimist

as far as she's concerned they were dead for 5 years then came back anyways, she operated without them just fine. i think looking out for herself doesn't necessarily mean she's a hydra equivalent. definitely chaotic neutral if you're into that sort of analogy lol

time will tell though i guess. contessa on the other hand, they have many ways to go with here. if i had to bet, i'd say she's fury's off the books team that he's going to keep from everybody, but maybe she ends up taking them over from him as a double/triple cross, idk. lot of potential there

16. djsunyc Registered

in civil war...her aunt dies and she gives a eulogy...then she helps cap & bucky and then goes on the run. her entire life was turned upside down within a matter of 2-3 days and she's been on the run since then from a gov't that forgot about her. even during the blip, she wasn't pardoned.

civil war took place in 2016. current universe year is 2023 - so that's 7 years she's been away. from the post credit scene, she obviously has some backers so her ability to be the power broker, while not shown the best way in the show, does make sense in terms of timeline and motivation.

Prison Mike and Schlosser85 like this.
  17. Xeno That's America's ass!

Frankly, I think that Sharon is yet another victim of Gen. Ross' viciously incompetent behavior. He couldn't go after the Avengers after the blip because who else could set things right? Sam & Bucky were dusted, so there was no way to punish them. That left Sharon as the only person he could persecute, even in all the chaos, so he made her life hell.

(I have hated Ross since he was chasing Banner/Hulk around the Southwest in the comics. He's the worst.)

One can understand Sharon's bitterness, but she has gone right into full-on villainy. It was clear that she tried to have Sam killed at least once. She was the one who sent Batroc to kidnap the Army officer Sam rescued in the first episode (maybe she was pissed about that, too). Creating super-soldiers, funding terrorists, stealing artwork, killing to protect herself -- that's Zemo-level criminality, without his heartrending backstory to make her truly sympathetic.

Turning Sharon into a vicious, backstabbing piece of work has finally made her interesting, however. The bland good-girl persona never really worked. Now that she's evil she might be fun to watch.

Primal Slayer and Schlosser85 like this.
  18. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I mean, I would like some eventual explanation of why Sharon didn't receive any support from the Avengers in Exile. Was she not able to get in contact with them once on the run? Did they try to contact her but fail? Something along those lines. Basically, I'm fine with this turn of events, but only if it didn't rely on Steve somehow forgetting one of the people who helped him for no reason. A good reason would be "Sharon vanished into her own fugitive status, but it wasn't prolonged solitude and lack of support that made her bitter, it was the very fact that things went bad again." Or basically, the whole Accords/Civil War events themselves are what convinced Sharon that the people and government she used to serve and protect weren't worth it, and so was going to just serve and protect herself. Which, you know, I can sympathize, Secretary Thaddeus Ross makes a *really good* case for it. ;)

Xeno and Schlosser85 like this.
  19. Schlosser85 Registered

I'd also like to know why she would lead Sam, Bucky, and Zemo to Dr. Nagel, her "golden goose" making more super-serum.

20. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Sharon Carter 2.0 almost seems like she's Sharon from a different timeline where things turned out very different for her and she ended up as a bitter enemy to those she allied with and loved before. She's like the Savatar of Barry Allens in the Flash who felt abandoned and rejected by her friends and became a villain.

21. Dr. Evil Registered

Is there any chance she's a Skrull and the real Sharon is either dead or missing?

22. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I hope not. Her being the real Sharon would honestly make things way more interesting.

Xeno and WatchProtect like this.
  23. Holy Slapper Registered

I'm guessing Armor Wars, that's likely the next show that's going to be finished after Loki.

24. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

That show hasn't started filming. And you know Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye are supposed to come out this year.

25. Holy Slapper Registered

I forgot those. But neither is likely to feature Madripoor or Skrulls so Armor Wars it is then. "A couple of months" means around May or June.