Endgame Prediction - Alternate Universe

Watsong

Civilian
Reaction score
Another Infinity War: Endgame prediction:

All those taken/turned into dust by the soul gem/infinity gems, at the end of Infinity War Part 1, have actually been sent into another Universe. This other Universe is exactly the same as this one - except now full of half the people from the original Universe. The other half are still in the original Universe. So nobody died and they can make lots of new movies in which they have removed a lot of characters from having any further contact with each other - creating new plot opportunities and avoiding some of the "So why isn't XXXXXX coming to help?? He knows this superhero and lives nearby!" type plot inconsistencies. Even Thanos will get sent into this other Universe, so he too can later return in another Marvel movie. Character groups, accordingly, will be sent to the correct Universe, (e.g. All Guardians together, all Avengers together). So Rocket will definitely get dusted in Part 2 and Nebula, probably, too. This theory avoids cheesily undoing Thanos' wiping out of half the Universe and avoids needing to resurrect characters. Thanos will be "Defeated", (sent into the other dimension), so the film can have a solid conclusion. Letting Thanos appear in later movies also ties in nicely with the fact that he's in various other Marvel comic stories and will enable him to join the "Infinity Watch" along with Adam Warlock, Black Widow's clone, Captain Marvel, Star-Lord, and Turk Barrett. If true, it means even Captain Marvel will get dusted in Part 2! Think of the shock to the audience as they see still more of their favourite superheroes seemingly killed during the movie! (Only for everyone to be ok in the end :) ).

If we look at the recent trailer for Spiderman: Far from home, we see that Spiderman and Nick Fury meet each other. Consistent with the above theory. And being in another, yet parallel, universe, Spiderman would certainly be... "Far from home".

Well thought out, but dramatically a huge let down. Having all the dusted people just turn up in identical parallel universes and carry on wouldn't be satisfying.

And that's a no from me, though valiant effort on the theory.

Here's my theory from the Dr. Strange sequel thread:

What do you want to see in a sequel?
Dr. Strange's Status Post Avengers 4?:
Team Film:
Depending on if a time travel notion is introduced in Avengers 4, I was thinking the sequel to Dr. Strange may utilize Strange to assemble a team of some sorts (just numerous peices of news have read lately make me think a direct solo sequel unlikely IF Marvel tries to fast track Fantastic Four and/or X-Men 2024 or earlier but could be wrong).

Introduction of Multiverse: The notion could be, somehow transfer his consciousness transcending time w/help of Time Infinity Stone into himself existing in another dimension. He does this by going into his past self at key moment in time to split off another reality in which he can exist in similar to what Wolverine did in Days of Future Past only on larger scale (larger scale meaning 1 consciousness shifting across multiple realities not just 1 past point picks like Wolverine did but an orchestrated manipulation of sorts skipping across many).I suppose while in process of doing this, Strange could gather a team through interactions with key players of the Infinity War telling each to do a certain something at a certain moment of time that will result in a shared alternate reality they can experience Post-Avengers 4 (or in other words, an alternate wing of the Multiverse Strange can inhabit). I suppose the purpose of the team could be an Infinity Watch or Illuminati of some sort

Limitations?:
Only thing I don't like about idea above is makes Strange too omnipotent or immortal. Perhaps some sort of limitations such as needing to reacquire the Time Stone each time does this as well as only be able to do this so many times within certain framework so not seem too omnipotent

Ant-Man's Status Post-Avengers 4?:
Some areas of multiverse a Different Dimension all together?:
The microverse introduced in Antman some have compared to the Negative Zone. Perhaps if become lost in here, can come back out into a totally different plane of reality consisting of different world all together

Purple Rain song could be included at some point. Dr. Strange feeling a bit of angst after Infinity War does a bit of puddle hopping to assemble a team... A new reality or Infinity Watch if you will.

Last edited:
The world would still be in shambles in both universes, though. Whereas it seems perfectly fine in the Far From Home trailer.

I don't believe in the OP's theory. General audience moviegoers are going to want the last movie undone and for the Avengers to achieve victory over Thanos even if costly (major characters die trying).

So my take...

With the movie being 3 hours long we are going to get at least 2 big battles with Thanos. In the first it might actually be on Titan and they lose again. This time though Tony dies.

Avengers return to earth battered and bruised. All hope is lost and they've lost more friends and firepower. Thanos then comes to earth to confront them.

The biggest mystery to be is what is going to be the price of putting things right? And will they actually beat Thanos or will he ultimately see that what he's done is wrong? Unlikely I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"