Iron Man Sequels *Endgame spoilers* So where do we go with Iron Man 4?

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
So obviously if you’ve seen Endgame, you know
Tony dies.
so, where do we go from here?

1. They introduce the Riri Williams character. And pay Gwenth Paltrow all the money to come back in a mentor role for a film.

2. Resurrect Tony via pulling him from the past. I doubt it, I don’t see a reason, but maybe in five years RDJ will miss it and want to come back.

3. Pull a Tony from another timeline where he can be recast. Probably the most likely idea. Being so different he wouldn’t have to interact with current MCU Pepper.

4. Reboot. When the MCU inevitably restarts completely someday. I think it’ll happen so the retired/dead heroes can return. Maybe it spawns from the old, via a successful version of Thanos’ plan from Endgame.
Just some personal thoughts after seeing the film.

There's a timeline in which Thanos and his army disappeared in 2014 right? So what happened in Infinity War didn't happen in 2018 in that timeline. Maybe the studio might want to explore what threat he needs to stop after jogging and discussing the wedding with Pepper? If we want to go with Tony Stark as Iron Man (and not a legacy character) and not a prequel then I think that's a decent idea.

Why not have that kid that was in Iron Man 3...Tennessee boy becomes the new Iron Man? Or why not have Pepper take over the mantle?

I doubt we see another IM movie until they do nearly a full reboot of the MCU.

Iron Man 4 is not happening. Unless Marvel Stud10s wants to litter their future with legacy characters.

IMO, Iron Man 4 shouldn't be titled that. The actual title should be...

War Machine: Dragon Seed.

Rhodey has always been defined by first his loyalty to the military and then to the Avengers. I want to see who he becomes now that he's retired from the military and Tony Stark is dead. IMO, the definitive Jim Rhodes story is The Dragon Seed Saga. All Hail the King set up a real Mandarin. I'd enjoy seeing Rhodey taking on Fin Fang Foom and let Don Cheadle end his tenure as Jim Rhodes with a bang before they recast.

I don't see another Iron Man coming. Iron Heart starring Riri maybe. War Machine as a Disney+ series. Maybe. Iron Man 4? Not happening.

You reboot this trilogy, make it closer to the comics, properly adapt Demon in a Bottle & Armor Wars stories, and give me the proper Mandarin in the final installment.

Have Harley become the new Iron Man in honor of his mentor

We wait a generation or see if the next phase fails and they reboot the MCU

I don't see another Iron Man coming. Iron Heart starring Riri maybe. War Machine as a Disney+ series. Maybe. Iron Man 4? Not happening.
I hope we get both of those.

The answer, likely, is we don't go anywhere. Riri is a good idea at some point, but I think Iron Man is done for at least a decade. The only place we'll see Iron Man is on the animated What If show if they can get Downey as a voice actor.

I think if anything you see a statue to Tony, or Flashback message like we did for Howard in IM2. Absolute best case you'd get a spin-off. Marvels pacing and volume of characters means you're not going to see anyone as "Iron Man" for atleast a decade or more. Part of me though thinks they're doing the multi-verse now in preparation for when the day comes to freshen some things up.

As far as armor users go though, you've got Pepper and Rhodey. Even with them I don't think they get their own films. Rhodey just hasn't been developed enough, and honestly neither has Pepper, could see one or both of them in the next Avengers film though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"