Batwoman Episode 01/09 "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Hour Two"

Remember, this is a crossover about primarily these connected shows. This is not a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman vehicle. The characters on these shows have to be the Stars

I have no issue with Kara and Sara being paragons. They took years to develop both characters and to show the audience why they are heroes. I just feel like the writers are trying to shoehorn Kate in there and force her down our throats when she hasn’t really proved anything yet.

Remember, this is a crossover about primarily these connected shows. This is not a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman vehicle. The characters on these shows have to be the Stars

I agree that it isnt a Superman/Batman vehicle (WW has been left out entirely so....), not all the usual suspects have to be the star. Look at what they've done with Brandon, Roy isn't as big as his Superman is. Doppelgangers exist for a reason.

Well, Jefferson joins the team tomorrow.

If Ray is surprised to learn that Bruce Wayne is the Dark Knight, wait until Ray learns who he is!

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, it's not really shown. They've done this quite a few times during this crossover, rush into the scene rather than give it a little space. Instead of seeing Ray actually meet a doppleganger that also happens to be Superman, we instead just see him already talking to him en media res. Instead of us getting to actually see Routh-Clark finding out another Lois exists out there and that the other guy is also Clark Kent, it skips right over that with Routh sans glasses having already learned who they are off screen. There is real potential here that the keep missing, imo.

I liked this episode more than the first one.....probably because of the Supermen.

I'm sure this is a rarity, but I have to wonder about those who only watch Black Lightning but none of the other DC CW shows. I'm sure there are some people like that since hey, you've got people here who don't watch all of the DC shows. But point is, how much of a mind f*** must it be to only watch Black Lightning, and then see that the midseason finale is that entire world being wiped from existence.

It's like the MCU, technically you can watch them as stand alones, but it ain't recommended. The only DC show I don't really watch is Arrow except when they have crossovers.

I have no issue with Kara and Sara being paragons. They took years to develop both characters and to show the audience why they are heroes. I just feel like the writers are trying to shoehorn Kate in there and force her down our throats when she hasn’t really proved anything yet.

Agreed. I mean having Kate established as a paragon is like having Mia be one as well (unearned and forced).

Well, with KC Superman being another one, I just hope that the remaining two spots are filled by Black Lightning and the Flash.

Wait so Kara, Kate, and Sara are paragons as well? You are telling me that all three of them outrank every version of Superman and Batman in existence?

Yup.

Look, I know that these shows have to focus on the main characters, but any universe that has a Superman, Batman, or WW in it, those should be paragons. Ah well, it it was it is and previous crossovers had me prepared for this.

Yup.

Look, I know that these shows have to focus on the main characters, but any universe that has a Superman, Batman, or WW in it, those should be paragons. Ah well, it it was it is and previous crossovers had me prepared for this.

Until Tyler's Superman becomes a hit in his own show, I am not expecting him to be treated in the same light as the other heroes.

I will be watching this shortly from now but I had forgotten to ask, do we see Tyler's Superman finally meeting Jon's Lex?

Until Tyler's Superman becomes a hit in his own show, I am not expecting him to be treated in the same light as the other heroes.

Yeah, but he's still Superman. That's the thing that is hard to ignore. Anytime you have a Superman, but he's just sort of there in the background (as he was often in last year's crossover as well), it's just strange. What will make it stranger then is to get a show about this guy. Like, at this point, it's already been almost 15 years he's been around, but yet he feels bland. The only time he pops (sort of) is when he's contrasted by Lois.

I will be watching this shortly from now but I had forgotten to ask, do we see Tyler's Superman finally meeting Jon's Lex?

Again, another scene not really "shown." We see him in the same room as Cryer-Lex, but really no interaction. It's shown en media res, so I just didn't feel like the guy's arch enemy was right there in the same room. It seemed like Cryer-Lex felt more an enemy to Kara.

Supergirl, Batwoman, White Canary, and KC Superman are among the paragons. 3 more would be Flash, Black Lightning, and Atom Ryan Choi.

I’m betting something will happen to KC Superman and that Earth-38 Superman will replace him as the Paragon of Truth.

Really hoping that isn’t it for Welling, loved the little scene he had

Yeah, but he's still Superman. That's the thing that is hard to ignore. Anytime you have a Superman, but he's just sort of there in the background (as he was often in last year's crossover as well), it's just strange. What will make it stranger then is to get a show about this guy. Like, at this point, it's already been almost 15 years he's been around, but yet he feels bland. The only time he pops (sort of) is when he's contrasted by Lois.

Again, another scene not really "shown." We see him in the same room as Cryer-Lex, but really no interaction. It's shown en media res, so I just didn't feel like the guy's arch enemy was right there in the same room. It seemed like Cryer-Lex felt more an enemy to Kara.

Well the most popular answer to all of this seems to be this: Not his show.

Basically having your own show really dictates on what a character is allowed to do or be regardless of who you are.

Personally, I would have no problem with Supergirl's Superman and Lois being killed off and KC Superman getting his own show and even being the one to adopt their child as well.

Supergirl, Batwoman, White Canary, and KC Superman are among the paragons. 3 more would be Flash, Black Lightning, and Atom Ryan Choi.

I’m betting something will happen to KC Superman and that Earth-38 Superman will replace him as the Paragon of Truth.

Still don't get how he isn't the paragon of hope and Kara being the paragon of truth, especially with what KC Superman has lost.

Still don't get how he isn't the paragon of hope and Kara being the paragon of truth, especially with what KC Superman has lost.
They're just going by their character mottos of the comics - Superman is "Truth, justice and the American Way" and Supergirl is "Hope, help and compassion for all." The fact that Kara actually became a hero after the massive loss of her entire planet/culture/loved ones makes a compelling argument for her being paragon of hope, imo. Like, that loss is built right into her hero origin on a level that Superman's is not.

Eh, the Batwoman thing didn't bother me really. It's fine. I don't hate nor love the character at this point.

There is still time for Earth-38 Superman to become a paragon. It’s possible the Monitor chose the wrong ones. Just look at KC Bruce Wayne.

I liked this episode a bit more than the first. Glad to see Lois & Clark reunited and married in Smallville with two daughters. Sad that Bruce Wayne has become this. I hope if they bring Conroy back He's more optimistic. Hated the whole Kate is the future Bat of courage (bullcrap) kingdom Come Superman was the best part of the episode

Can't say I am a fan of the Smallville clip. although sadly Smallville's Clark giving up his powers so he can live a happy life lines up with the show. lol

Is there any reason that was Earth 167

They're just going by their character mottos of the comics - Superman is "Truth, justice and the American Way" and Supergirl is "Hope, help and compassion for all." The fact that Kara actually became a hero after the massive loss of her entire planet/culture/loved ones makes a compelling argument for her being paragon of hope, imo. Like, that loss is built right into her hero origin on a level that Superman's is not.

Although my intent is not to downplay Kara's loss, I think one could make an argument that someone continuing to still be a hero and not lose their way after failing to save most (if not all) of their loved ones from being murdered also defines what hope is as well.

Although my intent is not to downplay Kara's loss, I think one could make an argument that someone continuing to still be a hero and not lose their way after failing to save most (if not all) of their loved ones from being murdered is also defines what hope is as well.
They are both symbols of hope, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"