Episode 01/18 - "If You Believe In Me, I'll Believe In You"

Discussion in 'Batwoman' started by Dr., Apr 24, 2020.

1. Dr. From parts unknown

Scheduled airdate: May 3, 2020

Synopsis:

WHO CAN YOU TRUST? - Batwoman (Ruby Rose) enlists Luke (Camrus Johnson) and Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) for an undercover mission to recover one of the most important items from her cousin’s arsenal. While Alice (Rachel Skarsten) continues developing her devious plans within Arkham’s walls, she gets an unexpected visit from Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) who needs her help. Meanwhile, Mary (Nicole Kang) tries to prove herself to Kate. As Sophie (Meagan Tandy) gets closer to a co-worker, Kate reunites with an old flame. James Bamford directed the episode written by James Stoteraux and Chad Fiveash.

Alice could not help her lips curling up into a smile as she began: “Do you know, I always thought Unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!”
    “Well, now that we have seen each other,' said the Unicorn, 'if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you. Is that a bargain?”

- Through the Looking-Glass​

2. Dr. From parts unknown

Promo:

3. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

An important episode for the start of Tommy Elliot for becoming Hush.

4. Dr. From parts unknown

Seems like the action and fight scenes were staged better for this episode. I suppose credit goes to long time Arrow director/choreographer James Bamford.

5. NotNickFury Registered

Yeah, Bamford definitely brought his A-game to this episode when it came to fight choreography and it shows. From the opening fight onward, the fights gave me the biggest Arrow vibe.

As for the episode itself, I don't mind Hush's design. It's nice to actually get Hush since on Gotham, we mostly dealt with Tommy Elliot when he and Bruce were kids.

6. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I didn't know he directed the episode before watching, but I said, "This totally feels like kind of direction." So, I chucked when I saw that he did indeed direct the episode.

I guess everyone's just after that book, huh?