Batwoman Episode 02/04 - "Fair Skin, Blue Eyes"

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score
New episode in two weeks.

Scheduled airdate: February 14, 2021

Synopsis:

NOT EASILY FORGOTTEN - As Batwoman (Javicia Leslie) attempts to fight the proliferation of Snake Bite through Gotham, a random encounter forces her to revisit her painful past. Empowered by her new role, Ryan Wilder is determined to ensure others like her don't go unnoticed. Meanwhile, those closest to Kate are given a good reason to believe she is still alive, forcing unexpected alliances and betrayals. Also starring Dougray Scott, Rachel Skarsten, Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson. Menhaj Huda directed the episode written by Ebony Gilbert.

Have the writers decided to come up with every way imaginable for Ryan to have a traumatic life? She's gone through just about every bad thing you could think of. Kidnapped, dead parents, racism, criminal past, went to prison, foster kid, foster kid with a lousy foster parent, outcast, no home. It's getting very tiresome.

So...some people were looking for Beth at the same time Ryan had been kidnapped. Alice is responsible for ruining Ryan's life. Ryan is the one who stumbled upon the Batsuit and had a run-in with Batwoman prior to Kate's disappearance.

I mean, I give the writers credit for trying to make it seem natural that Ryan had a history with Batwoman and company all along, but come on. Are we going to next learn that she got attacked by one of the escaped criminals who fled Arkham during Elseworlds?

Ratings wise, this episode tied a series low (0.1/507K). Charmed was even lower.

But since the show has already been renewed for S3, ratings may be somewhat irrelevant... :word:

Is Ryan Wilder's ex the same woman who attacked Sophie? It looks like. How is she caught up in all of this?

Why didn't child Ryan eat all the jelly beans on the first day or empty them out? Then Candy Crush couldn't say she broke her when they ran out.

Also you would've thought her ex might beat the woman to death so she couldn't kidnap anyone else.

Good episode, even if I could have done without adding another great tragedy to Ryan's back story. I hope the slow build up to Black Mask isn't tedious. Snakebite is a fun drug. Just need to bring back Peter Stromare with Vertigo for some real fun.

Sophie and Alice are a kind of fun combo. Now, just need to see Alice interact more with Luke and Mary for some real fun in the search for Kate. And I gotta say, having loved how Ryan and Mary have been bonding, I am all in on them becoming roommates. Liked Mary's enthusiasm for a ride with Ryan, even if the van was choice #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"