Batwoman Episode 02/13 - "I'll Give You A Clue"

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score
Scheduled airdate: May 9, 2021

Synopsis:

GAME NIGHT - When Sophie (Meagan Tandy) must face a foe from her rookie days with The Crows, Ryan (Javicia Leslie), Mary (Nicole Kang) and Luke (Camrus Johnson) are also pulled into the villain's game. Meanwhile, the tables turn on Alice (Rachel Skarsten) when she finds herself in dire circumstances, and Jacob (Dougray Scott) continues to revisit the past. Directed by Marshall Virtue; written by Caroline Dries and Natalie Abrams.

Promo:

Needs. More. Kate.
I feel like this is just wasting episode time when they really should be showcasing their struggle with her.

Future Batwoman Episodes: #13- I'll give you a clue / #14- Within the Limitation/ #15- Armed Suspect / #16- Rebirth / #17- Kate Kane / #18- Power

Batwoman is 2 for 2 is great episodes. Probably one of the most Gotham feeling episodes of the series.

Sad to think that we could've had these type of episodes weekly if CW didnt hate me and picked up Green Arrow and the Canaries.

I love it when characters are just chilling and living their everyday lives so a game of never have I ever was so much fun and refreshing.

This was definitely Sophies best episode, she's finally able to get out of that uniform, let her hair relax and just be one of the Batfam. Hopefully the writers are able to keep this up.

Great to have Stephanie introduced though the red hair is killing me....it's just to iconic for Barbara Gordon and they are both part of the Batfam and they both have their individual looks so...wish she were blonde. But she was fun and looks like Luke will be replacing Tim in Stephanies life.

Um....how fitting that Alice gives her sister a new face. I love how it takes all of 5 minutes for a face to be made but we are finally back to Kate!

Well, the crime puzzles were rather contrived. (But since that’s SOP for Gotham supervillains, it would be unfair to single out Batwoman for special criticism. :cool:) Otherwise, I agree, this was one of the more entertaining episodes.

My peeve: If I’m recalling correctly, Alice’s flesh masks — though uncannily convincing — are temporary and/or removable. Therefore, from now on, Kate will always be walking around with a temporary/removable Wallis Day mask... yes? To me, this is a dubious and radical change to the Kate Kane character (even assuming she eventually recovers her memories). And this would strongly suggest that her days on the show are numbered.

As I mentioned before: Given Day’s close resemblance to Rose (one of the reasons, presumably, Day was cast), there was no reason to invoke the “magic plastic surgery” trope. The audience would have easily accepted the substitution without too much trouble (hello Bruce Banner, Rachel Dawes, et. al.). Instead, they decided to “explain” the new face with a really bizarre (and creepy) conceit.

I really loved Ryan, Mary, and Sophie hanging out. And honestly, it was a good sign that having Sophie join the bat team (even get a suit) would be a good addition.

Ryan at least should apologize for being such a major A-hole to Sophie. But I do appreciate that, unlike most of these DC CW shows, Sophie eventually just came right out and said 'Yeah, I know you're Batwoman.'

Ryan at least should apologize for being such a major A-hole to Sophie. But I do appreciate that, unlike most of these DC CW shows, Sophie eventually just came right out and said 'Yeah, I know you're Batwoman.'

I think next episode is going to justify Ryan's attitude.

Alright this was a good one. Once again, I was more invested in the Alice/Kate arc, but the Clue Master plot was entertaining, and all three gals worked well together.
I do find it karmic that Jacob getting hyped up on Snakebite in order to relive happier versions of his kid's lives, where he fantasizes that he did save them, ends up causing him to ignore Alice when she calls out for help. Chuckles...
I think the Clue Master plot ended too easily though. His daughter turned on him, and was better than him, so he goes for the murder/suicide angle? Doesn't seem very smart.
And back to Kate and Alice. Yes, it is unnecessary for the whole false face thing. I would readily accept Wallis Day as Kate Kane without any explanation needed. Though, if the character does stay (pleasepleasepleaseplease) then she could have reconstructive surgery, and TV shows being TV shows, it could be with a higher success than in real life. Leave her with a few scars and done!
Then there was Alice finally realizing who she was with the whole time, that being her brainwashed and mutilated sister! It was only a few moments on screen, but I felt it was the most powerful moment in the entire episode. Skarsten really kills it.
Question now being, of course, will Alice seek to save her sister, or turn her into her partner-in-crime?
Answering my own question, I think she will try to help Kate get back to herself, partially because of how Alice addressed herself as Beth when she called their father for help. It was an identity she violently denied in the past, so I found it odd that she did use it.

So many MCU references in these CW shows. It's like they're giving DC a hidden middlefinger.

My girl Steph is a redhead...

HydkU.gif

Hopefully she'll wear a blonde wig if she becomes Robin or Spoiler.

I give them props for making the CLUEMASTER like the comic book version.

Cluemaster.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"