Batwoman Episode 2: "The Rabbit Hole"

I'm surprised to see a lot of you say you thought this episode was better, cause I thought it was clearly worse.

I'll give it another 3-4 episodes, but I think I'm gonna drop this show. Ruby's acting is....yikes. :eek:

At the same time, clearly Batman's been around for a long time in the Arrowverse, but we didn't get any concrete references to him on Earth-1 until the Arrow Bruce Wayne name-drop and, building on that, going to Gotham City in Elseworlds. Even if those other heroes do exist out there, the shows don't necessarily have to acknowledge them. Or they may not be able to because of some embargo, like how we didn't see Superman until Season 2 of Supergirl.
The latter is probably more accurate; even in last years crossover, Ollie (I think it was Ollie) even stated that they Batman’ was nothing but an urban myth, which is odd when you’ve got a whole city believing in him; photos and all.

Maybe Wonder Woman has been inactive for a long period of time and has become something of a myth or legend like Batman himself.
I still (personally) think it’s unlikely; the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman are more likely focused on a different Earth. Earth-1 seems to be more .. grounded as far as heroes go.

I'll give it another 3-4 episodes, but I think I'm gonna drop this show. Ruby's acting is....yikes.
You could say it’s a travesty. :p

I'll give it another 3-4 episodes, but I think I'm gonna drop this show. Ruby's acting is....yikes. :eek:

I will also give this another 3-4 episodes but I can't see it getting any better. The show isn't terrible but its not interesting either. To me the show is boring and generic. I find it really difficult to immerse myself with the story that the show wants to tell.

I found this episode to be less boring than the pilot.

I laughed at how the Crows are horrible detectives, but I guess it’s not part of their job. They’re just an army who kinda act like cops. The idea that all of them are like “There’s no way Beth could’ve changed in the past 15 years to become Alice!!!” as if they themselves are the same exact people from 15 years ago made me chuckle.

I was surprised that Luke didn’t know much about Batman’s gear of the Batcomputer. So, at least he isn’t “all-knowing” as tech people usually are on these shows or as quippy with pop culture references (yet).

I think I’m just mostly interested in seeing how this version of Gotham works since it’s a big city (basically Chicago) but it’s like a ghost town. So much so, only one person is guarding Wayne Enterprises and Bruce even built his Batcave there instead at his home outside of the city. Also, he and Kate can just roll up there without anyone seeing, I guess.

I think I’m just mostly interested in seeing how this version of Gotham works since it’s a big city (basically Chicago) but it’s like a ghost town. So much so, only one person is guarding Wayne Enterprises and Bruce even built his Batcave there instead at his home outside of the city. Also, he and Kate can just roll up there without anyone seeing, I guess.
I said the same thing about Nolan's Gotham in both TDK and TDKR. They were empty and pristine looking.

The Batcave is at WE in this, and not at the manor? The actual, main Batcave?

If Batwoman ever uses the Batcave at Wayne Manor then does this mean we will see Alfred in the show?

I said the same thing about Nolan's Gotham in both TDK and TDKR. They were empty and pristine looking.

Right. It feels even more empty than the Nolan films to me.

The Batcave is at WE in this, and not at the manor? The actual, main Batcave?

I guess so. They haven't said either way.

But, I'm just assuming that's what they're doing since they don't want Kate to have to travel that far. Even if Bruce has one at home, I just find the design of the one at Wayne Enterprises to be weird in terms of going in and out.

Last edited:
Yeah. I love the vibe of TDK trilogy with Chicago as Gotham.

I thought it was just Chicago. I saw the building formerly known as the John Hancock Center. Why does Gotham have one of them? Does Batwoman's earth have a Gotham that looks just like Chicago?

They film the show in Vancouver, with second unit stuff in Chicago. And man does it look like a cheap version of TDKT ran face first into Arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"