Episode 2: "The Rabbit Hole"

Discussion in 'Batwoman' started by Speed Force, Oct 13, 2019.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

12.5%
  4. 7

37.5%
  5. 6

37.5%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

12.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Travesty Registered

I'm surprised to see a lot of you say you thought this episode was better, cause I thought it was clearly worse.

I'll give it another 3-4 episodes, but I think I'm gonna drop this show. Ruby's acting is....yikes. :eek:

WhoMani and Flash525 like this.
  2. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The latter is probably more accurate; even in last years crossover, Ollie (I think it was Ollie) even stated that they Batman’ was nothing but an urban myth, which is odd when you’ve got a whole city believing in him; photos and all.

I still (personally) think it’s unlikely; the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman are more likely focused on a different Earth. Earth-1 seems to be more .. grounded as far as heroes go.

You could say it’s a travesty. :p

3. WhoMani Registered

I will also give this another 3-4 episodes but I can't see it getting any better. The show isn't terrible but its not interesting either. To me the show is boring and generic. I find it really difficult to immerse myself with the story that the show wants to tell.

Travesty likes this.
  4. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I found this episode to be less boring than the pilot.

I laughed at how the Crows are horrible detectives, but I guess it’s not part of their job. They’re just an army who kinda act like cops. The idea that all of them are like “There’s no way Beth could’ve changed in the past 15 years to become Alice!!!” as if they themselves are the same exact people from 15 years ago made me chuckle.

I was surprised that Luke didn’t know much about Batman’s gear of the Batcomputer. So, at least he isn’t “all-knowing” as tech people usually are on these shows or as quippy with pop culture references (yet).

I think I’m just mostly interested in seeing how this version of Gotham works since it’s a big city (basically Chicago) but it’s like a ghost town. So much so, only one person is guarding Wayne Enterprises and Bruce even built his Batcave there instead at his home outside of the city. Also, he and Kate can just roll up there without anyone seeing, I guess.

WhoMani likes this.
  5. Travesty Registered

I said the same thing about Nolan's Gotham in both TDK and TDKR. They were empty and pristine looking.

6. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

The Batcave is at WE in this, and not at the manor? The actual, main Batcave?

7. WhoMani Registered

If Batwoman ever uses the Batcave at Wayne Manor then does this mean we will see Alfred in the show?

8. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Right. It feels even more empty than the Nolan films to me.

I guess so. They haven't said either way.

But, I'm just assuming that's what they're doing since they don't want Kate to have to travel that far. Even if Bruce has one at home, I just find the design of the one at Wayne Enterprises to be weird in terms of going in and out.

#33 Lencho01, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Milk Tray Guy likes this.
  9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I thought it was just Chicago. I saw the building formerly known as the John Hancock Center. Why does Gotham have one of them? Does Batwoman's earth have a Gotham that looks just like Chicago?

10. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

They film the show in Vancouver, with second unit stuff in Chicago. And man does it look like a cheap version of TDKT ran face first into Arrow.