Supergirl Episode 3.01 "Girl Of Steel" SPOILERS

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
SEASON 3 EPISODE 1: "Girl Of Steel"

Well, here we go....we now have a title, and we have a trailer.....so let the speculation begin.

Synopsis coming soon....

Last edited:
Do you get Spider-Man 2 vibes from the trailer?

"I am Supergirl [Spider-Man] no more."

I'm curious what they will do with Mon-El.

I'm curious what they will do with Mon-El.

My speculation is that they may do little scenes with Mon-El at the end of the episodes like the ones that they did with Rhea/ Lar Gand as mysterious aliens from 2x08 to 2x15 until his return. Which could be during the crossover or earlier.

They are keeping his storyline as a big secret, so it is probably big. My money is on the Legion of Superheroes.

Bloodsport! I'm guessing his weapons will be provided by Cadmus in this iteration.

Extended promo:

I'd say National City's transformation from pseudo-Los Angeles to pseudo-Vancouver is officially complete:

tumblr_ow6p4q0_Iz61tulezoo2_1280.jpg

:oldrazz:

Last edited:
15 years, so that makes her now 27? I'm so confused on the timeline.

Last year J'onn said he had worn the face of a black man for 15 years, LAST YEAR HE SAID THAT.

And Jeremiah Danvers had been at Cadmus for 15 years....LAST YEAR HE SAID THAT.

So, have we thrown out the timeline of the Season 1 completely now?

I'M SO CONFUSED.

AND SERIOUSLY, Lena just said that "she knows when someone is lying?" REALLY, SINCE WHEN?

Oh the timeline has been ****ed for a long time. No change there.

And yeah I had to laugh at Lena and wanted to post gifs of "I flew here...on a bus" and "I was getting coffee with Kara Danvers when you called" - "that was lucky!" Or maybe just gifs of Kara/Rhea/Lillian laughing, but that would be too much effort. :oldrazz:

Seriously though, I don't like the route they seem to be taking that Lena genuinely doesn't know her identity. The way she was constantly throwing hints in at their exchanges ("some steel under that Kansas wheat," "Well I am human," "What's your Kryptonite"), I really thought they were playing it like Cat Grant - that she's known for a while. But that doesn't seem to be the case for the sake of stupid will-she-turn-evil-when-she-finds-out "drama," which is a damn shame as it truly undermines her status as some sort of genius. Maggie barely spoke to Kara twice before figuring it out, lol.

So sometimes when a genius comes up with an invention and they see their invention work because they are a genius and they invented it it must be flawless and she saw Kara Green on the alien detector and she saw Rhea red on it so she thinks it works and I think she truly believes Kara is telling her the truth she's not a journalist that believes everyone is lying like Cat. So in my opinion it's actually plausible. Which is also why I think though they will get through it when Lena does find out it will cause some great drama but they will get through it as friends.

Or she's just book smart/street stupid. I guess. We'll just have to disagree on the "great drama" part, though. I'll never not find it contrived and stupid as heck.

Speaking of the alien detection device - the fact that it worked on Rhea means that she FIXED it, which means she discovered it was scorched, yet didn't contemplate how that could've happened? But of course they'll glaze over that.

Or Supergirl, like the rest of the CW shows, is inconsistently written and focuses more on the more teen idea of life and death drama, and less on long term, thoughtful storytelling and character building for what are suppose to be full grown adults. Oh and it is 20 plus episodes, with a lot of writers and what doesn't seem to be a legit showrunner from what I can find. Which is odd and explains the crap ton of inconsistencies.

Last edited:
When Lena finds out, if she finds out I think will be as deep of a lie as Mon-El's was to Kara....I don't think it has to be over blown drama by any means, and I think they will move past it, but with the disgust that Lena has for people like her mother, Rhea, etc.......because of their lies, there is not way that she will just say....oooooh, ok....cool.

I don't see Supergirl as having any more teen drama than any other show on any other network for shows such as Scorpion, NCIS, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Lucifer. Where are the teens on Supergirl?
I think that people have just fixated on the idea that the CW started out with teen dramas such as Dawson's Creek and Smallville and assume all CW shows are like that.

I don't see any of the relationships as teen like, except the weird out of character giggling that Alex did. That was so weird...

Official description released:

Kara (Melissa Benoist) deals with the loss of Mon-El (Chris Wood) by focusing all her energy on being Supergirl and the mysterious new threat against National City. Alex (Chyler Leigh) confesses a secret to Maggie (guest star Floriana Lima) about their impending nuptials. A citizen of National City has a mysterious connection to Kara, and Lena (Katie McGrath) makes a bold move.

Episode 1 Promo:

Dang that Alex line made me choke up...

Sneak Peek:

[blackout]James/Lena[/blackout] looking more likely by the day.

Yeah very underwhelmed by that sneak peek let's start promoting the first episode of Supergirl without Supergirl in the first sneak peek.

Well they usually take the sneak peeks from the 1st act of the episode, and it's possible those dream sequences (which might be deemed a bit spoilery due to whom they involve) are Kara's introductory scenes which they'd rather keep close to the vest.

Watch them now immediately debunk my theory with the 2nd sneak peek, lol.

Well they usually take the sneak peeks from the 1st act of the episode, and it's possible those dream sequences (which might be deemed a bit spoilery due to whom they involve) are Kara's introductory scenes which they'd rather keep close to the vest.

Watch them now immediately debunk my theory with the 2nd sneak peek, lol.

Honestly, I don't think these guys have ANY PLAN WHATSOEVER with their marketing of this show.

I have a feeling (and I hope this is true), that some of the promotional $$$$$ are used by way of "special effects" since this show is heavy with it. If that's the case, I will forgive them "a little".

One of the reviews (spoiler type) articles says that Kara makes a rash decision about her future, so I'm thinking she quits CATCO....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"