Supergirl Episode 3.02 "Triggers" (SPOILERS)

Ruby, I sure hope mom smacks you....hard

Ruby better be grounded for the next 20 some years

Head butt that will feel like being hit by a steel bat, literally

Ruby needs a time out underneath the wrecking ball lol!:o:oldrazz::woot:

Nothing about the wrecked elevator Kara did?

Finally next week we're able to get off Earth.

I really enjoyed this episode, not much to complain about besides the kid and Kara blowing a huge hole in Catco and nothing being said of it lol.

For me, this episode is a lot better than last week's. Up until this episode, we never knew what Kara's fears were and I'm glad she's breaking down like I called it.

Reign is going to be a better villain than the last two seasons. I like that both Kara and Alex met Reign in this one as I was worried how Reign would fit in all this.

I like the tension between Kara, James, and Lena as well as Kara and Alex. No Guardian for James so far as this is the James we needed from last season. The reason they have plenty of scenes between James and Lena was because there wasn't much between them last season.

Psi is a great match for Supergirl in a different way, but I don't believe she's stronger than J'onn in terms of psychic abilities.

Like last week, everyone had roles to play in the overall story including Maggie whom I wish would reconsider staying in the 3rd season full time.

Ruby needs a time out underneath the wrecking ball lol!:o:oldrazz::woot:

spoilers-gif-1.gif

Alright, good episode! I really like how they're showing Reign slowly spiraling closer and closer to our heroes, and hopefully we'll see a believable change that exposes her as the villain. And not just to Kara and DEO, but to Reign herself! Right now, she just sees herself as a single mother trying to support her child.
I hope something doesn't happen to Ruby to force that change, but anything can happen.
I liked Psi, but once Supergirl found her footing, you knew she was going to be a pushover. The best part of this, was finding out what Kara's real fear was, and what has been the central worry for her since Mon-el went away.
[BLACKOUT]Since he hasn't been able to contact her, and we know that he would if he was able, then the fear of him dying would be pretty strong. There's nothing worse than not knowing at all how a loved-one is doing. [/BLACKOUT]
But I am glad to see that Kara's angst is not being glossed over now that the premier is over. It is proving to have legs as lovely as her own, and it is not going away yet!

Nothing about the wrecked elevator Kara did?

I was wondering about that too. She busted a hole in the roof of the elevator straight out the top of the building....and left behind Kara's glasses and purse. And no one investigates or wonders where Kara went.

That may be my new favorite episode of the show. Psi was great, Kara's issues were handled extremely well, the office tensions were played just right, the Samantha storyline is developing at a nice pace, and Melissa's acting this whole ep was ON POINT. Someone mentioned last week that the writing/directing seemed to have a certain maturity/sophistication upgrade and we hoped it would continue - so far it has, imo. Absolutely no storyline here feels like filler or ill-conceived to me so far this season, which is honestly a first when it comes to this show. If this change in tone/focus/execution is representative of the change in showrunners, then (so far) I approve. :up:

hmm, I haven't be talking as often as should been busy.

Well I love the fact that kara's earth is nnow naming the powered human's like live wire and the Re actron meta humans like barry's earth. and they are shown how telepath's psion's can effect Kryptonians like the both the comic and animated series and animated movies.

it's finally in live action tv and ned to make to the liveaction movies more in more noticeble way and hopefully one day it makes it way to video games too.

I'm aware. Lena is now her boss. I'm just referring to a future line of dialogue according to Kreisberg where she says tells Lena she's not used to her friend being her boss (referring to Lena) which sounds like the writers just forgot about James again, since he's been her boss for the last year.
I didn't hear this line did I miss it? If it got cut I'm glad.

I still don't buy that Lena hasn't figured out that Kara is SG yet. Sorry showrunners, but that's just stupid.

Speaking of Kara, I'm already over the pity party with her. It's just annoying and tedious.

The meta is strong enough to take out J'onn??
they've been pushing that j'onn been out of practice with his psionic's since seasion one . Andrew Kreisberg admitted he didn't like martian man hunter was so powerful & didn't look up the fact there are other psionic's from earth that have taken him on and have defeated him in the books in that area . it was weird . It was also talked about last year in his own thread on this forum

Last edited:
I was wondering about that too. She busted a hole in the roof of the elevator straight out the top of the building....and left behind Kara's glasses and purse. And no one investigates or wonders where Kara went.
Well, considering Psi was already in the wind by the time she got airborne, I think it's safe to say Kara had time to go back for her belongings before anyone would be able to get into that broken elevator. Doesn't account for the elevator itself, but at least it accounts for the identity problem.

Speaking of Kara, I'm already over the pity party with her. It's just annoying and tedious.

Yeah, me too. I liked this episode alot more than last week's, but I just feel like the energy and spirit has been drained from the show.

Then again, I think the show works better with a more optimistic upbeat Kara even when she's struggling, then what we've gotten with the last two episodes.

The Reign character still isn't quite doing it for me. The actress is good,but the character just seems kinda vanilla for my taste, and not as dynamic as Lena.

Maybe once they really ingratiate her into Kara's life, and having her interact with everyone else , things will pick up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"