Supergirl Episode 3.05 "Damage" (SPOILERS)

Morgan Edge should've had a fake moustache as well like Pasdar does in Agents of SHIELD.

Hey !!!!!! Leave the Stache alone.

From Season 2 onwards that thing was Adrian's own work - he insisted they give him enough notice so he could grow it before they needed him for filming .

Favorite 'Stache moment will forever be Talbot in a Chinese robe talking about how he was all 'loosy goosy down there'. Everybody's bestest casual racist/xenophobic *****ebag - but he does love Taco Tuesday

26f215f1bfba438fc34709349895dd74.jpg

Sneak Peek #2

show time peeps

Have Alex and Maggie just...I dunno, ever considered adoption or a surrogate?

Yay, yet another episode with Maggie and Alex drama. Ugh.

I think Morgan poison those kids just to blame her

Have Alex and Maggie just...I dunno, ever considered adoption or a surrogate?
You missed the part where Maggie doesn't want kids? They know they can have kids. That's never been the issue.

No. This plot doesn't interest me enough to remember that.

Also, bet Jimmy wishes he was Guardian right about now when he got shot.

Thought they were breaking up? Looks like they making out...

"Bad dreams" "Yeah I've got those too" lol.

Crowd shouting "Lock her up" as Lena took the stage.

That's not even trying to be subtle with real-world parallels, not that this show knows about subtlety.

LOL no, subtlety is not in this show's playbook.

Also, I love the consistency here in Lena's character - lying to Kara about knowing the chemical company. Just like she lied about confronting Jack Spheer. That tendency to lie to her allies in favor of taking things into her own hands using extreme measures is pretty much her most "Luthor-ish" trait.

So are Lena and James/Jimmy going to be a thing?

This episode was okay.

I didn't, SG had move things that weighed more then those 2 parts but she couldn't hold to them?
Eh, they're wildly incosistent with her strength, but I'm willing to accept it here as a physics thing. If Fort Rozz was in two pieces, she probably would have had a much harder time with it too. In Superman Returns, Supes had issues with that plane falling apart in his rescue too, it's just the pieces that flew off of it were inconsequential so he let them go. Kara couldn't do that here. Should she be able to handle it? Yeah. But I'm willing to suspend disbelief on this one, as I thought forcing Lena to choose to save herself was a nice touch.

Overall, middle-of-the-road episode for me. I enjoyed the Kara/Lena/Reign dynamic and that whole storyline. The Sanvers one not so much, but at least it's done.

Last edited:
I really don't like how they handled the Alex/Maggie breakup. So Alex, who the show never bothered to mention before a couple of episodes ago even wanted kids at all, is now so in need of having them that her fiancée not wanting them is enough to make her go "nope, this isn't going to work out?" Well you can tell that that was not planned out, because it comes across as really contrived.

The people chanting at Lena are idiots, pure and simple.

Speaking of which, the fact that Lena STILL apparently doesn't know that Kara is SG (when a guy last week who knew her for one episode found out) continues to be not believable at all.

Out of Kevin Smith's episodes he directed for Supergirl, I'd say this was his best one.

I enjoyed the stuff with Kara, Lena, and Samantha as they were investigating Morgan Edge's schemes against Lena. We saw Lena's dark side as I'm glad they didn't turn her evil. Kara was proactive in this one.

While I like the plane sequence, I wish the writers would pay attention to the consistency of Supergirl's powers.

James was good in this episode and I'm glad no Guardian so far and Winn was barely in this one, but does well as the tech expert of the team.

They restored Morgan Edge as a threat to Supergirl and Lena Luthor.

Glad they got the Sanvers break up over with.

Good episode overall from Kevin Smith.

It is so strange that it was me that was wishing for more Supergirl kicking ass....but the 2 episodes that have had the least of her doing that, are 2 of favorites....INCLUDING this one.

I will simply ff through the Maggie/Alex stuff when I rewatch and this will end up one of my fav episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"