Supergirl Episode 3.05 "Damage" (SPOILERS)

Well, Kara and Alex had the brief "Is it happening tonight" exchange in the opener. We then next see them post discussion. It just felt rather sudden, and that we missed a ton. And I would've liked to see them have that fight.
The "Is it happening tomorrow" was referencing their goodbye/packing day. The main discussions had already happened pre-episode, not in between those scenes.

All I know is I’m glad that aspect of the show is over. I have no issue with relationships but when the writing is as horrible as that has been then it’s time to move on. Honestly this is my biggest issue with CW shows. The forced relationship drama, if it’s not necessary to the story then leave it alone. Also you can have people in relationships and not have it dominate the episodes every time.

So are Lena and James/Jimmy going to be a thing?

I called this the moment they started butting heads and arguing with each other at CatCo back in Episode 2. You can practically read the sexual tension. The lingering looks don't help either.

I never felt it dominated the episodes, unless someone's dislike, for whatever reason, made them focus more on it than the Kara-Ass-Kicking.

all i know is i’m glad that aspect of the show is over. I have no issue with relationships but when the writing is as horrible as that has been then it’s time to move on. Honestly this is my biggest issue with cw shows. The forced relationship drama, if it’s not necessary to the story then leave it alone. Also you can have people in relationships and not have it dominate the episodes every time.

^^this^^

I never felt it dominated the episodes, unless someone's dislike, for whatever reason, made them focus more on it than the Kara-Ass-Kicking.

I never thought that it dominated the episodes, what I did think was that it got rather boring after awhile. Maggie gets pissed, Alex asks why, Maggie tells her story, they kiss and make up.

I loved the coming out story of Alex, I thought it was beautifully written, but I just never cared about Maggie, and I think that is partly because of the writing of the character.

That was my problem with it....

And here is the thing, yes I felt that there was far too little of Kara kicking arse.....however, this season IMO is far and away written better than the last two seasons, and this episode really didn't have much of Kara kicking arse, yet I loved the episode.....except for the Sanvers part, which except for the last scene with them, was rather boring, why? because last season they never got me interested enough in the relationship to care.

"Dominate" is a strong word, but I definitely felt it was too prominent in some eps. Including this one. Did they really need to drag out the break-up throughout the whole episode? We get it, they still love each other and don't like breaking up, but the final scene with them was more than sufficient enough to communicate that. All those other scenes were just like "paying tribute" to the relationship for the fans or something. It's one of those cases where fanservice hindered the storytelling, imo.

I noticed that it was quite a female-centric episode this week. Winn, James and J'onn barely played. They definitely let the women shine this time round.

I find it hard to see Adrian Pasdar as Morgan Edge. I still think of him either as Nathan Petrelli from Heroes or General Talbot from AOS.

I find it hard to see Adrian Pasdar as Morgan Edge. I still think of him either as Nathan Petrelli from Heroes or General Talbot from AOS.

He was also on Colony too. lol

I noticed that it was quite a female-centric episode this week. Winn, James and J'onn barely played. They definitely let the women shine this time round.

Winn had a good scene with Kara testing the lead bomb gizmo, and there was the arguing scene with James and Lena over advertorials and later the flirty scene with
Lena in Jame's office after James got shot. But J'onn was blink and you missed him. It likes like the next ship is going to be Jana (James and Lena) based on this episode.

God, I hope not. Lena has done nothing to deserve being paired with Jimmy. Hopefully next time he takes a bullet for someone, they are firing a much bigger gun.

The show runners feel they have to do something to make Jimmy relevant on the show again. Guardian went over like a lead balloon last season. So I guess they are going with Jana this season.

The show runners feel they have to do something to make Jimmy relevant on the show again. Guardian went over like a lead balloon last season. So I guess they are going with Jana this season.

She gets to call him Jimmy....which was kind of strange, considering he never gave Kara that option...hmmmmm.

At this point it's VERY obvious they're going for a Lena/James pairing. And I was open to the idea as long as they had chemistry, but I've just seen nothing from them to think it will be a remotely decent pairing at all. Lena has more chemistry with pretty much everyone else she's interacted with. As such, I just hope it doesn't take up too much screentime when it inevitably happens...AND that it doesn't make me start to dislike Lena, because right now she's a fave of mine. I've already seen this pairing dubbed "Lames," and yep, that sounds about right.

Last edited:
I'm open to it. I can see them tossing some chemistry back and forth, and I'm definitely liking James better this season. That's mostly because the Guardian outfit has been stowed thus far.

And I'll be gentle on them and refer to them as Jena.

Oh yes I do think last week had my favorite James moment ever, and I'm certainly not missing Guardian (but I DO think they need to address it at some point and put closure on that storyline - hopefully for good). So I guess I do like him more this season than in the past. But that doesn't make that pairing work any better for me.

What's happened to Guardian anyway? I thought he believed this was his calling? Why has he suddenly stopped going out at night to fight crime? Was there any explanation other than the fact that he thought that some people were scared of him? I thought he still was determined to be out there despite that?

I'm open to it. I can see them tossing some chemistry back and forth, and I'm definitely liking James better this season. That's mostly because the Guardian outfit has been stowed thus far.

And I'll be gentle on them and refer to them as Jena.

I was thinking Jana (JAmes +leNA)

:oI was thinking #NotAnotherDamnShip myself........

What do you mean? Ships are canon all the time. "Karamel" and "Sanvers" are ships.

Pretty sure that's the idea behind "Lames," which is why it gets my vote. :cwink:

I don't even want a damn hashtag......:cmad:

I saw 'Lames' back when the speculation first started and LOL. And so far it really is that, so I'll just watch it for a good laugh and when they're no longer funny, I'll FF them, which will be tragic as I love KM and her take on Lena.

But alas, it's the CW, so I'm afraid we are going to have to deal with the soapy ships.

I just want them to keep Kara far, far away from the fleet.

----

Yeah, as socially clueless as Kara is about 'mating rituals', I can see her being oblivious to her best friend and good friend dating until Lena calls him Jimmy.

Ah, I was under the impression that 'ships' were fan service rather than show canon.:cwink:

Now, are they canon as in taken from the comics? Not all of them, but they have become canon as far as the shows universe is concerned. The only one that isn't is #Supercorp.....but, if those fans want to ship Lena and Kara and in "fanon" more power to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"