Supergirl Episode 3.08 "Crisis on Earth-X" (Crossover Episode; SPOILERS)

So… have we seen “The Ray” before? His scenes had a vaguely familiar quality - as if the audience had already been introduced to this character and his backstory. But I can’t place him in any specific Arrowverse series or episode. (I watch all the shows; I just don’t always pay close attention. :o)

He is getting an animated series on CW Seed soon. You may have seen some promotional material from that but otherwise this is the debut of the character.

It's time for Earth-38 to be the setting for next year's crossover, and for Superman and Martian Manhunter to finally join the fun, imo.

I care less about whether Kid Flash and Elongated Man are included, but Supes and MM are founding members of the Justice League, dammit, and these big DC group events wouldn't exist without the JL.

P.S. - while I didn't expect to see him since Tyler's busy, I DID kinda expect to learn that Superman/Overman was the current führer on Earth-X (and secretly suffering the same affliction as Overgirl, hence their urgency to find a cure). Learning it was Ollie was just kinda anti-climactic.

It just doesn't make sense in-story to have an event that threatens the very existence of multiple worlds and then leave some of your heavy hitters on the sideline.

The Kryptonians, speedsters, and Martians are by far the most powerful beings in the Arrowverse. Kid Flash and Superman could take out hundreds of Nazis in the time it takes Green Arrow or White Canary to defeat one.

"The multiverse is in jeopardy? Quickly, send the B team! Kid Flash? Nah, we need him to protect Joe, a trained policeman, while a reporter and a computer hacker fight armed Nazis!"

Feel like the next big crossover may have J'onn, Mon-El, or Clark involved or play a role. It's felt like a slow progression. Kara showed up for the last one at the very end of her part of the crossover...and then AGAIN in The Flash portion, this time, Alex joined her, but we also got Earth-X versions of Jimmy and Winn.

So it seems like at least Clark or J'onn would have to be next. I imagine at least ONE of them may have to stay around to defend National City, but given who has been pulled from Supergirl to Earth-1 for the big crossovers, Clark or J'onn feels like the next logical step.

This was an awesome crossover. The second half had some great moments. Atom's saving of Kara was great. And just a ton of freaking fun and amazing moments. And the stuff with Stein was good, surprised they actually did it in the crossover. Hope they keep and improve this format. So much better than last years.

I now need to see the Thawne vs Superman fight. Hinting at a new Legion of Doom for next year? Seriously, go big with it. Based on the budget of this year's crossover, I say, go big, get Grodd.

I get the feeling that now the DCEU has resurrected Superman and made him into the Superman most people know and love that we are never going to see Superman in the CW again.
So I think people wanting Superman in any crossover especially are just out of luck.

The flow of characters was smoother, and all the little character moments worked, and that church fight was AMAZING! Mick bringing the fun sitting next to Singh and then falling asleep, his crab legs answer to why nazis crashed the wedding, vaguely recognizing Caitlin. Felicity's no sets up a really lame mini crossover arc. Whatever. That aside, this was easily the best part of the crossover.

I get the feeling that now the DCEU has resurrected Superman and made him into the Superman most people know and love that we are never going to see Superman in the CW again.
So I think people wanting Superman in any crossover especially are just out of luck.

I have had a feeling since the finale last season, that that would probably be the last time we saw Superman on Supergirl, so yeah, I can definitely agree with this.

Luckily, JL's box office performance isn't going to encourage them to greenlight MOS 2 anytime soon.

I have had a feeling since the finale last season, that that would probably be the last time we saw Superman on Supergirl, so yeah, I can definitely agree with this.

I kind of want to see that Superman/ Reverse Flash fight they mentioned on Legends though.

Great crossover and a great gift for a viewer like me who watched the first episode of Arrow, only to see it blossom into a tv universe over 5 years.

It was funny, emotional, and action packed. I'm totally shipping Alex and Sara.

It was great to see the old Reverse Flash , Tommy Elliot , Captain Cold, and Metallo. Its also always nice to see Barry, Oliver and Kara together .

Hopefully Clark can join them for the next crossover. This one was much better and stronger than last years invasion 4 part episode. Its what JL should have been.

I hope the crossover versions of Red Tornado and Metallo can be used in Supergirl.

The crossover is everything the JL movie should have been and more. Since JL was a bomb, maybe the Arrowverse can use the Justice League name and maybe give us a Justice League series perhaps after cancelling a show or two.

I hope the crossover versions of Red Tornado and Metallo can be used in Supergirl.

Now that they have the basic VFX designs worked out, they probably will use them again. Just like King Shark, Gorilla Grodd, White Martians, and Dominators continue to show up.

They have to because I see no reason not for them to use the new improved Metallo and Red Tornado.

Outside of Barry and Cisco, this is the first time that Oliver, Felicity, Iris, Sara, Mick, Jax, Professor Stein, Joe West, Wells, and Wally appeared in Supergirl.

If Melissa is the strongest actress out of the crossover, who was the 2nd strongest actress?

They were versions of Red Tornado and Metallo that we’re from another earth.
The National City versions don’t have to look the same.

On the contrary, I think the utter failure of JL both critically and financially, and the complete lack of an MoS2 on the horizon makes it far MORE likely we'll get to see Supes on the CW again.

Actually if and when they bring back Red Tornado and Metallo as CGI it should try to use Earth-38 versions as a starting point.

I agree that the failure of JL and no MOS 2 will open doors for Superman, possibly perhaps a Superman spinoff.

If they let Stephen Amell namedrop Bruce Wayne on Arrow, and let the Legends go to Themyscira, and let the Flash still have his own show... I really don't think more Superman on Supergirl is going to be a problem.

On the contrary, I think the utter failure of JL both critically and financially, and the complete lack of an MoS2 on the horizon makes it far MORE likely we'll get to see Supes on the CW again.

I'd say it pretty much guarantees we'll be seeing him more often, though I do think we'd have eventually seen him again anyways. I do find it kind of ironic though, Cavill was the most praised thing about JL, yet JL may end up being the end of any chance he had at another solo film. But if we end up seeing more of Hoechlin as a result then there will at least be a silver lining to it. I hope this causes them to loosen up restrictions on using Superman and his supporting characters, I'd love to see them slowly show us more and more of his world, and maybe even have an episode set in Metropolis at some point.

Name drops and looking at an island are not the same as having the physical characters on the show.

Only Superman has passed that test by appearing in Supergirl physically.

Batman and Wonder Woman are out of the question for TV with Fox owning the Batman TV rights and WB wanting to do a WW film franchise.

I'd say it pretty much guarantees we'll be seeing him more often, though I do think we'd have eventually seen him again anyways. I do find it kind of ironic though, Cavill was the most praised thing about JL, yet JL may end up being the end of any chance he had at another solo film. But if we end up seeing more of Hoechlin as a result then there will at least be a silver lining to it. I hope this causes them to loosen up restrictions on using Superman and his supporting characters, I'd love to see them slowly show us more and more of his world, and maybe even have an episode set in Metropolis at some point.
I REALLY want to see Kara make a trip to Metropolis for an ep or two and do some reporter (and family) bonding with Lois. Like work together on a story or something.

I just want a combined Danvers/Kent Thanksgiving.

Complete with drunk Alex.

Actually I want Alex to meet Lois Lane as the two are similar in some ways.

I too want a Kent/ Danvers family dinner as well as a House of El dinner.

It's too bad Lucy Lane is no longer on the show. Apparently she and Lois weren't very close and it would be interesting to see what created the animosity between the two of them.
We know Lucy was daddy's girl, so it would also be interesting to see how Lois distanced herself from her father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"