Supergirl Episode 3.08 "Crisis on Earth-X" (Crossover Episode; SPOILERS)

Not everyone reads every post in a thread.

Anyway, I'm still calling BS on the writers because they killed Thawne through Eddie and even Black Flash, I don't buy that he's Nazi/White supremacist, they didn't bother to explain why/how he's around but were fine with explaining other things, that the evil Flash is RF instead of Barry of EX, and the fact that he looks like Wells just because they wanted/needed to give Cavanagh something to do, I guess (yeah they gave a reason but it was silly).
I think the Cw writer's are just too in love with cavanagh as they are with the actor that play 's malcom merlin .

And my explanations better then the annoying taunt thwan gave to barry in the shows episode biscially say screw you I don't have to ex plain this . andit 's a shout out of sort's to those fans that say the very same thing .. "oh time travel, so confusing" while he's actully laughing at those people.

it's simple it was just doom world thwan / rverse flash that died in legends and the other encouned with thwan after Eddie death are from being earlir visit's of him befor he took on the Dr. well's persona he's been usuing his time travel mashine to avoid being erased and or cause by the speed force's white blood the time wrath's and the black racer.

I put in simpler words . caus going with how they like to do it will just make it confusing andI don't want to confuse you. even the writers don't care much regardless.

I think the Cw writer's are just too in love with cavanagh as they are with the actor that play 's malcom merlin .

And my explanations better then the annoying taunt thwan gave to barry in the shows episode biscially say screw you I don't have to ex plain this . andit 's a shout out of sort's to those fans that say the very same thing .. "oh time travel, so confusing" while he's actully laughing at those people.

it's simple it was just doom world thwan / rverse flash that died in legends and the other encouned with thwan after Eddie death are from being earlir visit's of him befor he took on the Dr. well's persona he's been usuing his time travel mashine to avoid being erased and or cause by the speed force's white blood the time wrath's and the black racer.

I put in simpler words . caus going with how they like to do it will just make it confusing andI don't want to confuse you. even the writers don't care much regardless.

Yeah, I’m just saying that the writers don’t care much for the reason since they simply just like Cavanagh on the show. I mean, there isn’t really much reason for him to be on the show and yet, he is. And we get multiple versions of Wells because of it. It’s like why they had Eobard look like Wells instead of his real self. We know Eobard would just stay as himself, but whatever.

The Merlyn situation was that they didn't really want to lose the actor, if they wanted him to return.

And shame on you for criticizing Harry and HG's characters. Cavanaugh is a real strength to the show.

I wish that they did use Superman (or Overman), at least as part of the Nazis.

They should've had more references to the Übermensch. I wished though they used Overgirl's name more often. He could've been the Fuhrer instead of Oliver Queen. It would make more sense that a Kryptonian would put himself above everyone else.

Or as a twist, they could've brought back Teri Hatcher as Rhea and had a female Fuhrer. They could even have had Reign be one of the Nazis as well as Silver Banshee. Or How about Mon-El as one? I don't think they made use of the Supergirl cast enough.

I'm also glad they didn't shy away from the Swastikas (or actual Nazis) like they did in The First Avenger.

There's no harm in showing the Nazis as outright villains. Were Marvel afraid some Nazi group would be offended or that the symbolism or name would offend people?

Just saw the entire 4 part crossover. Way better than last year. Haven't the chance to go thru the tread yet, but a lingering question is, if Overgirl went kaboom, how is she in the CW seed series. Melissa is supposed to be voicing her. I really liked the actor who played ray, and Snart was hilarious. Overall impression is that I really liked the crossover event, but fell short of loving it. Stephen Amell was really a standout in this crossover, as was Melissa's Overgirl. W. Mericle wasn't wrong when she said that the crossover was really Oliver's story.

Seem to me thought that they still haven't really solved the Kara/Supergirl problem. Both Overgirl and Kara were essentially taken out of the game for most of it, although I am happy that they gave her the big save at the end, flying Overgirl out to space in a spectacular explosion. Barry had a similar problem. These 2 are never really going to be allowed to use their potential in these epic crossovers.

Other thing is, I want an Arrow/Supergirl crossover that is on a more grounded level, and then I'd like a Flash/Supergirl crossover that allows Barry and Kara to use their full strength and skills without any watering down. That can only happen if they are taken out of their familiar environment and in a truly hostile space. Maybe a trip where they are stranded in time and location with metahumans galore. Maybe a forgotten Metahuman Colony?!?

Next big crossover, I hope they do in on Earth 38. I need to see the SG cast involved right along Supergirl. Especially MM.

Another rambling thought. I LOVED General Schott. Loved seeing Winn not giving an inch and prioritizing his people first and foremost. I would have been so annoyed had he given into Alex. What can I say, just loved seeing Winn like this.

Wished they hadn't left out Kara for the double wedding tho, that she was there to witness it.

Man, I'm still reeling over Stephen's Dark Archer. Such a great job.

Honestly, Thawne is a strong enough villain, that they really *shouldn't* foreclose on the possibility of future appearances. And since his backstory is an incomprehensible knot of looping timelines and paradoxes, they don't have to.

Just saw the entire 4 part crossover. Way better than last year. Haven't the chance to go thru the tread yet, but a lingering question is, if Overgirl went kaboom, how is she in the CW seed series. Melissa is supposed to be voicing her. I really liked the actor who played ray, and Snart was hilarious. Overall impression is that I really liked the crossover event, but fell short of loving it. Stephen Amell was really a standout in this crossover, as was Melissa's Overgirl. W. Mericle wasn't wrong when she said that the crossover was really Oliver's story.

Seem to me thought that they still haven't really solved the Kara/Supergirl problem. Both Overgirl and Kara were essentially taken out of the game for most of it, although I am happy that they gave her the big save at the end, flying Overgirl out to space in a spectacular explosion. Barry had a similar problem. These 2 are never really going to be allowed to use their potential in these epic crossovers.

Other thing is, I want an Arrow/Supergirl crossover that is on a more grounded level, and then I'd like a Flash/Supergirl crossover that allows Barry and Kara to use their full strength and skills without any watering down. That can only happen if they are taken out of their familiar environment and in a truly hostile space. Maybe a trip where they are stranded in time and location with metahumans galore. Maybe a forgotten Metahuman Colony?!?

Next big crossover, I hope they do in on Earth 38. I need to see the SG cast involved right along Supergirl. Especially MM.

Another rambling thought. I LOVED General Schott. Loved seeing Winn not giving an inch and prioritizing his people first and foremost. I would have been so annoyed had he given into Alex. What can I say, just loved seeing Winn like this.

Wished they hadn't left out Kara for the double wedding tho, that she was there to witness it.

Man, I'm still reeling over Stephen's Dark Archer. Such a great job.

Why do they need to take Supergirl out of it anyway?

I want a crossover on Earth-38 next year, where the villains are out of most of Earth 1 heroes' leagues. Team Flash, Team Arrow and the Legends could feel that they're barely keeping up with the likes of Supergirl, Superman, Martian Manhunter etc against powerful alien villains.

Surely there must be other Kryptonians or Daxamites on other earths. They could have one where Rhea still lives and is allied with Mon-El, and wants to conquer Earth 38.

Why do they need to take Supergirl out of it anyway?

I want a crossover on Earth-38 next year, where the villains are out of most of Earth 1 heroes' leagues. Team Flash, Team Arrow and the Legends could feel that they're barely keeping up with the likes of Supergirl, Superman, Martian Manhunter etc against powerful alien villains.

Surely there must be other Kryptonians or Daxamites on other earths. They could have one where Rhea still lives and is allied with Mon-El, and wants to conquer Earth 38.

That would be awesome. Get some seriously superpowered alien villains on Earth 38 led by an alt Rhea and Mon-EL (Still don't know why his name is Mon EL. as in house of EL) Would love to see Teri Hatcher back. Come to think of it, an Evil Cat Grant would be very entertaining. I really hope they use Supergirl's turf in the next one. I would love Tyler back as Superman too. It would be hard to leave him out if such a massive threat occurs.

Yeah, kinda an Reverse (in)Justice League. I like your idea. :yay:

Given the amount of CG they used this year, and how successful the cross over was, I full expect Grodd next year.

Probably didn't use Supergirl in the third act much to let Melissa Benoist catch her breath. She was playing two characters, Supergirl and Overgirl through most the episodes. Even though Supergirl was sidelined, Overgirl still had a presence.
Plus Supergirl effects, both practical and CGI, are expensive and time consuming. So they didn't want to blow the budget on just one character.

I don't think they'd do an alternate Earth scenario next year anyway, since it would be too much of a repeat of this one.

But they could have the Arrow-verse against a massively expanded Legion of Doom featuring Kryptonians (maybe Zod?), Grodd, Damien Darkh, Reverse Flash, King Shark, some martians, some Daxamites and other metahumans. Throw in some other classic DC villains in there too.

I don't think they'd do an alternate Earth scenario next year anyway, since it would be too much of a repeat of this one.

But they could have the Arrow-verse against a massively expanded Legion of Doom featuring Kryptonians (maybe Zod?), Grodd, Damien Darkh, Reverse Flash, King Shark, some martians, some Daxamites and other metahumans. Throw in some other classic DC villains in there too.

I think that might be way beyond their budget. I figure they probably spent and equivalent of 4 show's average budget, probably about 12-14 mil for this crossover. What you're proposing here though, would cost a lot more.

I think I should mention how much I do appreciate the work the small screen CGI artist put in for a limited budget. I've noticed people complain about the bad efx on some sites and comparing it to movie type budget, which is totally unfair comparision.

If that waitress does turn out to be XS, the Flash would be getting its own Legion of Superheroes member. I wonder if a possible next Supergirl/ Flash crossover will be about the Legion of Superheroes who warn them about the great Crisis in 2024 where all Earths will emerge into one.

If that waitress does turn out to be XS, the Flash would be getting its own Legion of Superheroes member. I wonder if a possible next Supergirl/ Flash crossover will be about the Legion of Superheroes who warn them about the great Crisis in 2024 where all Earths will emerge into one.

Even though I don't want another Supergirl/Flash crossover, considering neither of them have been all that great IMO, that would be cool. But, I seem to remember something like that already done on Flash, am I dreaming it?

Hinting at it in the paper in Thawne's future room at Star Labs.

The Merlyn situation was that they didn't really want to lose the actor, if they wanted him to return.

And shame on you for criticizing Harry and HG's characters. Cavanaugh is a real strength to the show.

Yeah, and that wasn't fun for me to watch.

His skills don't change the fact that I don't think it's a good idea to keep Wells around all the time. But, whatever.

Even though I don't want another Supergirl/Flash crossover, considering neither of them have been all that great IMO, that would be cool.
I liked the musical, but I too don't need to see another Supergirl/Flash crossover anytime soon. I wouldn't mind seeing a SG crossover with either of the other two shows, though. While Melissa and Grant work fantastically together, their characters are so similar and get along so well that it doesn't feel like there's much more to explore there. But there's still much fun to be had mixing Kara up with the Legends or Arrow characters for an ep or two, imo.

I for one am tired of seeing the big 3 (well big 2 basically) crossing over with one another. I want to see the other cast members interact with one another. Send Cisco/Wally/Caitlin over to Supergirl or Alex/J'onn/James/Winn over to The Flash or somethin. Unless its Kara or Oliver crossing over to each other shows.

Last edited:
I for one am tired of seeing the big 3 (well big 2 basically) crossing over with one another. I want to see the other cast members interact with one another. Send Cisco/Wally/Caitlin over to Supergirl or Alex/J'onn/James/Winn over to The Flash or somethin. Unless its Kara or Oliver crossing over to each other shows.
oh I'm down for that . Beside kara's shown what she think of oliver already thank god she said ew when she saw the nazi version of them kiss. and with oliver'd history prior to the island. and the fact he never really apologied to larual for himself since, Nah kara wouldn't touch or be near him beside being there cause of barry.

So I don't see kara on arrow. if she was asked to help, it's one thing her. being buddies the same way as she is with barry? not so much . For good reason and it's good to see a straight woman not say she'd gah gah for oliver at first sight or regardless of how jerky he cane ever in front of them ether.

Last edited:

I'd be up for that. It doesn't need to be billed as a big crossover at all but could just be a guest appearance by someone else.

Maybe a Supergirl and Killer Frost team-up.

Those same writers made her central to the plot of this crossover. They obviously feel the same. They're just not as good at writing her.

It's like whenever the Angel writers wrote Buffy on their show - they wrote her poorly because they didn't know her voice, but they didn't diminish her importance.

What you said is interesting. :) And kind of explains why SG felt off.

While Kara from Earth X's story was central to the plot, I don't think either her or our Kara had much meaningful interactions except with each other. I felt Kara was underutilised--as Supergirl and as Kara (and even as Overgirl).
The others had a lot more great moments and individual sideplots.

Kara talking to Oliver would have been something I'd have liked to see.

Also, there were moments when she was tied down that the Kara we know would have done a lot of things. We could have seen her reactions; her trying to escape. Also, she would have never let Felicity risk herself in the first place; or later when standing down Oliver of Earth X at the end.

And, I'd have loved to see Alex interact with Oliver, Barry and Cisco. Though I am happy how her character was treated in Flash. Did show the Danvers Sisters' relationship.

Don't people like Felicity? I have seen her only in the last crossover (in fact that goes for all characters except SG), but I thought she was okay this episode and liked her and Iris teaming up.

I think Melissa is a great actress.

Last edited:
I think it’s a bit of the writers on other shows aren’t good at writing Kara/Supergirl but I’m going to propose a couple of other reasons Kara didn’t have long conversations with the other heroes. Because Melissa is the best actor in DCTV it’s kinda a catch 22. She was the one capable of having extensive scenes/conversation with herself, which consequently took a lot of her limited time. The other thing I’ll propose is for her development on her show the person she needed to interact with most was the evil heartless version of herself so she could see what she could become if she continues on the path of pushing her humanity away. Kara said facing an evil version of herself sure puts things in perspective. I don’t think she would’ve gotten that perspective interacting with other characters, a pep talk with Barry wouldn’t had the same effect.

What you said is interesting. :) And kind of explains why SG felt off.

While Kara from Earth X's story was central to the plot, I don't think either her or our Kara had much meaningful interactions except with each other. I felt Kara was underutilised--as Supergirl and as Kara (and even as Overgirl).
The others had a lot more great moments and individual sideplots.

Kara talking to Oliver would have been something I'd have liked to see.

Also, there were moments when she was tied down that the Kara we know would have done a lot of things. We could have seen her reactions; her trying to escape. Also, she would have never let Felicity risk herself in the first place; or later when standing down Oliver of Earth X at the end.
That was exactly my complaint about the latter half of the crossover - while she was obviously important to the plot, the writers of those eps made her too passive. Letting Felicity risk herself, having to be told to carry the exploding Overgirl to the stratosphere - that's out-of-character behavior for Kara. She was in that exact same situation with Fort Rozz, and it was her idea/decision to carry it to space. Kara's no dummy, and she's also extremely self-sacrificing, so that whole Felicity scenario rang false too. But the writers of those shows simply don't know her as well, and were too focused on getting their Oliver/Felicity moments in. The only way I would buy Felicity standing in front of a deadly arrow for Kara without a fight is if Kara is unconscious. She'd never just stand there and watch Felicity get shot.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"