Supergirl Episode 3.09 "Reign" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
REIGN CHALLENGES SUPERGIRL – Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) investigates a mysterious symbol popping up all over National City, tracing its origins back to an ancient prophecy and the mark of the World Killer, Reign (Odetee Annable). Meanwhile, the tension between Lena (Katie McGrath) and Morgan Edge (guest star Adrian Pasdar) continues to build, causing James to step in and offer up some protection, and possibly igniting a spark in the process. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Paula Yoo & Caitlin Parrish (#309). Original airdate 12/4/17.

possibly igniting a spark in the process.
Oh boy, here we go. :dry:

Got a little giddy at them using the term "World Killer," though. :D

While Kara and Sam have interacted prior to this, it took 9 episodes to get into the season storyline with Supergirl's investigation of Reign.

Trailer:

Sounds like Chad Lowe's back.

Last edited:
I want to see how well Odette Annable does in playing a villain such as Reign.

14.jpg

Looking at this suit again...I just do not like it! To much black (cause you know, she's a bad guy) and to much emptiness overall for the bodysuit. Everything over the bodysuit should be silver or something, move the "belt" down to the torso, maybe add something to the torso area. Give her more armor on her arms/shoulders, different hair style and bring her top up to her neck area instead of sitting at her shoulders. And her eye area should be blacked out.

They did get a lot of the comic book elements right though. The armor on the right shoulder. The gauntlets and boots. The hair in a ponytail. And there is a headpiece, even though it is more of a mask on TV. Her costume is black too, just that with all the skin showing it's not as obvious. And there was no way they would show that much skin on the TV show..It's just the armor is more obviously metallic in the comic books while the TV scene is in the dark and that might be why it doesn't look as metallic. I would have preferred her skin be gray, but when they do use bodypaint everyone just complains anyway, Indigo, Red Tornado, Silver Banshee, Livewire. So might as well save the money and the time Odette would have to spend in the make-up chair. The eyes weren't blacked out in the comic books, there is an obvious white around the iris. Also the TV version goes one better by putting the glyph on her chest, having more fabric to let them do that.

86090dff4b46b79e393ce9ba94a2cb5068b1e269efb9b4fa36df76288ed2ad42.jpg

Last edited:
Sneak Peek #1

14.jpg

Looking at this suit again...I just do not like it! To much black (cause you know, she's a bad guy) and to much emptiness overall for the bodysuit. Everything over the bodysuit should be silver or something, move the "belt" down to the torso, maybe add something to the torso area. Give her more armor on her arms/shoulders, different hair style and bring her top up to her neck area instead of sitting at her shoulders. And her eye area should be blacked out.

They could have done a few things to it, like maybe make the stitching a different color....maybe a muted blue, and some of that same coloring on the mask and crest as well....I like the boots. Or even a pewter coloring on the armor portion, boots, crest and mask.

They also could have given her more definition in the stomach area with the body suit....or at the least brought the leather portion in the middle down further moving it more towards her waist.

Last edited:
Trailer:

Sounds like Chad Lowe's back.

My thinking is that she ends up having to go to him to find out more about the symbol she fines, since her mother is of absolutely no use....AGAIN. lol

Lookin' forward to this tonight. Hope it's as good as the last episode which is going to be hard to follow.

Yeah....not a fan of them making the LoSH entire existence due to Mon-El and his love for Kara.

One thing you should keep is Superman importance to them.

Trust Winn to talk about the Star Wars Holiday Special of all things...

Mon-El formed the Legion of Superheroes for the wrong reasons.

This picks up where Wake Up has left off and felt as if the crossover didn't happen.

Yeah....not a fan of them making the LoSH entire existence due to Mon-El and his love for Kara.

One thing you should keep is Superman importance to them.
Yeah, that sucks.

Also, I love Sam. Love her. BUT. They are REALLY forcing this whole "best friends" thing. Kara met her like a month ago. And just two episodes ago, Lena was still introducing her as "Sam, you remember Kara, right?"

James and Lena is also forced, but what else is new.

Mon-El formed the Legion of Superheroes for the wrong reasons.

This picks up where Wake Up has left off and felt as if the crossover didn't happen.

Well, that seems to be par for the course with these crossovers, more so with it taking place on a world separate from Supergirl's world. If anything, the ONLY show that I'd expect to maybe mention the crossover, even in passing, is Legends.

Yeah the whole bff bit made me throw some side eye lol

Better James and Lena than the Guardian.

The setup feels weak here. I was hoping a strong first impression of Reign wreaking havoc.

That was to be expected. Like last year, it had nothing to do with her Earth and didn't impact the lives of anyone else on her show. Alex had a one-night stand and got over it, and Supergirl was confronted with a version of herself who had totally forsaken humanity. That's pretty much it. The crossovers are basically a vacation from current storylines. I prefer that over them shoehorning drama in preceding eps just so a crossover can "fix" it, like they did with the musical crossover.

So far, so good. I like that Reign is 'laying low' inside Samantha, and I'm wondering if Lena's going to Edge is going to get him looking for Reign?

LMAO at the magically-appearing shield. It's one thing to believe a super-suit can go under clothes. A whole other thing to buy all that metal in a bracelet...under(?) a jacket...that makes the shield appear...over the jacket. They could've just had Jimmy take out the guy with his "skills," but they had to make it a "superhero" moment. :whatever:

I look forward to see how much ratings and viewership Supergirl retains from the crossover.

That scene at the docks got a little Batman Begins-esque vibe there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"