Supergirl Episode 3.09 "Reign" (SPOILERS)

I find the whole thing tedious, so I'm not all that interested in "giving it time."

It would be unrealistic to think she is just going to jump out of it. But if you are uninterested in that, ok.....don't watch episodes where that is part of the story line.....I guess.

-I'm surprisingly liking Imra right now, but her and Mon-el do come across as fairly tone deaf and insensitive when it comes to Kara's feelings. More so him than her, since he should know better by now. Also I doubt that fans of the LOSH will be pleased with the show's take on their origins.

-Speaking of Kara's feelings, I do feel like this episode regressed her feelings from the crossover. She's back to being mopey.

In this case I can understand her being sad given the circumstance.

I'm not a big fan of CW superhero show love triangles anyway, because they tend to wear out their welcome real fast, and quickly bring their characters and shows down; Smallville, The Flash, Arrow.

In this case, even with Mon El's tone deafness and lack of tact , I don't mind how they have the three characters behaving . Its a bit more realistic that Kara would be walking on egg shells with her heart on her sleeve at the same time.

As long as the characters don't become obnoxious, I'm fine with it but that's just me.

Thoughts on Reign...

- No no no! Supergirl is now the influence for the Legion. Sorry but I’m just tired of this crap, they directly rip his lines from movies and his villains but this is a step too far.
- I continue to not give a crap about the Kara-Mon El stuff. Only reason I tolerate it is I know it’s leading to the Legion.
- So James is still Guardian. The forced relationship between him and Lena is dull.
- Reign taking out the drug dealers at the docks was cool but ripped straight from Batman Begins.
- Reign’s ‘dark’ shirt rip was cool.
- Kara was annoying this episode overall but I get she’s hurting.
- Reign’s costume is awful!
- The fight to rocking around the Christmas tree :facepalm:. If it was a random villain then fine but it’s against the seasons big bad. Seriously terrible decision. The fight after that part was gold though.

All in all this episode was a massive disappointment. Much like this season and the last have been. Supergirl has become an obligation to watch most of the time. 6/10

Thoughts on Reign...

- No no no! Supergirl is now the influence for the Legion. Sorry but I’m just tired of this crap, they directly rip his lines from movies and his villains but this is a step too far.
- I continue to not give a crap about the Kara-Mon El stuff. Only reason I tolerate it is I know it’s leading to the Legion.
- So James is still Guardian. The forced relationship between him and Lena is dull.
- Reign taking out the drug dealers at the docks was cool but ripped straight from Batman Begins.
- Reign’s ‘dark’ shirt rip was cool.
- Kara was annoying this episode overall but I get she’s hurting.
- Reign’s costume is awful!
- The fight to rocking around the Christmas tree :facepalm:. If it was a random villain then fine but it’s against the seasons big bad. Seriously terrible decision. The fight after that part was gold though.

All in all this episode was a massive disappointment. Much like this season and the last have been. Supergirl has become an obligation to watch most of the time. 6/10

Holy crap, then don't watch it.....lol geeezus.

In this case I can understand her being sad given the circumstance.

I'm not a big fan of CW superhero show love triangles anyway, because they tend to wear out their welcome real fast, and quickly bring their characters and shows down; Smallville, The Flash, Arrow.

In this case, even with Mon El's tone deafness and lack of tact , I don't mind how they have the three characters behaving . Its a bit more realistic that Kara would be walking on egg shells with her heart on her sleeve at the same time.

As long as the characters don't become obnoxious, I'm fine with it but that's just me.

I don't like the triangles either, but honestly I don't see this as one....

Kara of course still loves Mon-el, that is a duh....but she is not one to try and break them up, I just don't see that happening.
Mon-el is in love with Imra, and she with him.....Imra seems to understand Kara's feelings, Mon-el on the other hand, NOW I'M getting annoyed with him, and I was fine with him last season...lol But I honestly don't see a love triangle here, I see a couple, and an outsider...and the outsider understands that the couple is a couple.

Holy crap, then don't watch it.....lol geeezus.

I'm a fan of Supergirl and other DC characters so I'll watch to see if anything to my liking happens. I also said it's an obligation to watch most of the time not all the time.

You do seem to get offended easily when anyone has something bad to say about this show.

Nerd stuff. ;nd

Holographic Alura’s reference to “28 known galaxies” is an homage to a similar line from holographic Jor-El in Superman: The Movie. Alas, even back in 1978, this was a conspicuously bad statistic for a highly advanced alien to cite. And it's more so now. (The current estimate is 2 trillion galaxies :wow: - a tad more than 28. :cwink:)

To be sure, there’s been fanwanking of STM’s number - with the charitable interpretation being that Jor-El was referring to just inhabited galaxies. If only he had said so. Indeed, Smallville - doing a similar homage - did make this clarification. Unfortunately, Supergirl did not. :nuhu:

Also, seeing Alex and Ruby having a bonding moment just reinforces what I feel is going to happen at the end of the season.

Also, seeing Alex and Ruby having a bonding moment just reinforces what I feel is going to happen at the end of the season.

Alex adopt her? I didn’t even think of that

Something else bothered me - When Kara said that she never had best friends, what does that make both James and Winn?

Took that to mean gal best friends. Besides Alex, who else was there before Lena and Sam?

Melissa Benoist has posted on her social media about her co-star Odette Anable and put up this BTS pic

24327364_342658382810969_7470072030491049984_n.jpg

Before The Bloody Battle

Too bad we actually????each other. @odetteannable you are deliciously evil ????

Nerd stuff. ;nd

Holographic Alura’s reference to “28 known galaxies” is an homage to a similar line from holographic Jor-El in Superman: The Movie. Alas, even back in 1978, this was a conspicuously bad statistic for a highly advanced alien to cite. And it's more so now. (The current estimate is 2 trillion galaxies :wow: - a tad more than 28. :cwink:)

To be sure, there’s been fanwanking of STM’s number - with the charitable interpretation being that Jor-El was referring to just inhabited galaxies. If only he had said so. Indeed, Smallville - doing a similar homage - did make this clarification. Unfortunately, Supergirl did not. :nuhu:

I would assume that 'known' means that Kryptonians had been to those galaxies, rather then just seeing them from a distance. They went to them, checked them out, and know about them from first hand experience, rather than just knowing that they are there.

\

I would assume that 'known' means that Kryptonians had been to those galaxies, rather then just seeing them from a distance. They went to them, checked them out, and know about them from first hand experience, rather than just knowing that they are there.
\

Which asks the question of if the Kryptonians could got to other planets on other galaxies even. Why didn't more people leave Krypton? The curious thing is at least four pods made it to Earth.
The pods of Kal-El, Kara Zor-El, Mon-El, and Reign. Mon-El's pod was even on Daxam at the time. And in background scenes of Krypton numerous pods are zipping about.
It almost seems like the pods are like the family car. Plus they had a space station, Fort Rozz. whose sole purpose was to house hundreds of prisoners. And yet it never occured to anyone else to just
get in a pod or construct space stations that could house civilians and just leave Krypton.

I don't like the triangles either, but honestly I don't see this as one....

Kara of course still loves Mon-el, that is a duh....but she is not one to try and break them up, I just don't see that happening.
Mon-el is in love with Imra, and she with him.....Imra seems to understand Kara's feelings, Mon-el on the other hand, NOW I'M getting annoyed with him, and I was fine with him last season...lol But I honestly don't see a love triangle here, I see a couple, and an outsider...and the outsider understands that the couple is a couple.

Yeah, I could see that. I guess its not so much a triangle, but as Kara said , "they're three good people caught in a bad situation". Its not a triangle in the sense of their being two people with an equal chance at ending up with one person.

Imra is his partner/ wife for a Mon El who's seven years older and a bit wiser, while Kara is in love with the guy Mon El used to be. Kara is an outsider to the relationship , but at the same time, she was his first love, and clearly had an effect on him becoming the man he is now.

Still, given the CW's history, I'd be stunned if it didn't turn out Mon El still had feelings for Kara and if somehow the relationship , Imra and Mon El ,won't somehow be put in jeopardy by it.

Which asks the question of if the Kryptonians could got to other planets on other galaxies even. Why didn't more people leave Krypton? The curious thing is at least four pods made it to Earth.
The pods of Kal-El, Kara Zor-El, Mon-El, and Reign. Mon-El's pod was even on Daxam at the time. And in background scenes of Krypton numerous pods are zipping about.
It almost seems like the pods are like the family car. Plus they had a space station, Fort Rozz. whose sole purpose was to house hundreds of prisoners. And yet it never occured to anyone else to just
get in a pod or construct space stations that could house civilians and just leave Krypton.

I guess it comes down to the racial mindset of the Kryptonians. It could be a situation similar to MoS, where they had been there, but then retracted back to their home world over time. A reason for that could have a religious basis, seeing how religion was an important factor. It stated also that a big reason why not many people left Kyrpton was do to their leadership either ignoring or just simply denying that the end was coming.

And that ties into religion as well, as the end may have been widely known and actually accepted by a majority of their people.

Ultimately, it's just bandages trying to span holes in the show's history.

And clearly, there are more Kryptonians than just Kal, Kara and Reign. The Fort Roz Kryptonians are still up there, in suspended animation, and there are certainly others on other worlds. The question then being, do they have the benefits of a yellow sun, or are they absent of any powers similar to the Earth-based Kryptonians?

Yeah, I could see that. I guess its not so much a triangle, but as Kara said , "they're three good people caught in a bad situation". Its not a triangle in the sense of their being two people with an equal chance at ending up with one person.

Imra is his partner/ wife for a Mon El who's seven years older and a bit wiser, while Kara is in love with the guy Mon El used to be. Kara is an outsider to the relationship , but at the same time, she was his first love, and clearly had an effect on him becoming the man he is now.

Still, given the CW's history, I'd be stunned if it didn't turn out Mon El still had feelings for Kara and if somehow the relationship , Imra and Mon El ,won't somehow be put in jeopardy by it.

I certainly hope not. I was in favor of them not ending their relationship at all, but now that it's over, let it stay over. Mon-El had seven years to get over Kara, and though I would be surprised if there were no feelings left on his part, he is clearly very much in love with Imbra, and I think he'll be staying her.

I'm a fan of Supergirl and other DC characters so I'll watch to see if anything to my liking happens. I also said it's an obligation to watch most of the time not all the time.

You do seem to get offended easily when anyone has something bad to say about this show.
Oh please go back to the Justice League forum with that crap.....I've given my fair share of criticism of the series....I was just commenting on the fact that it seems like you are in physical pain watching this series, I said nothing about your actual criticism....your opinion is fine...the hyperbole was just funny.

Oh please go back to the Justice League forum with that crap.....I've given my fair share of criticism of the series....I was just commenting on the fact that it seems like you are in physical pain watching this series, I said nothing about your actual criticism....your opinion is fine...the hyperbole was just funny.

Back to the JL forum?

I’m not in any sort of pain, I get irritated by certain things and roll my eyes at others. The bad is really outweighing the good on this series and has been for a while for me. But I continue watching in the hope we get another Luthors or Midvale, etc. I wasn’t been hyperbolic either it’s a culmination of how I’ve been feeling a long time and I’ve finally had enough of it. The show runners continue with the same crap that has bogged this series down for 1 and a half seasons. To me the show has an identity crisis ever since it arrived on the CW. There are only a handful of episodes in the last season and a half that I love and that’s not good enough.

The Big Fight betwixt Kara and Reign was pretty good - much, much better (I thought) than the Kara/Rhea tussle. I was going to give credit to this director for the superior quality. But a quick check reveals that the same guy (Glen Winter) did both. :oldrazz: Well, maybe we wanted to make up for the bad job from before. :cwink:
LOL, I hadn't realized Glen Winter directed both, but I totally agree. One of my first thoughts after that fight was, "that was SO much better than either of the big fights in last year's finale." I've personally never been a fan of Winter's directing - his style is generally too OTT/heavy-handed for my tastes (see the "intense" camera work during Kara's confrontation with Coville in this ep), BUT I have to admit he did a great job on this fight.

Back to the JL forum?

I’m not in any sort of pain, I get irritated by certain things and roll my eyes at others. The bad is really outweighing the good on this series and has been for a while for me. But I continue watching in the hope we get another Luthors or Midvale, etc. I wasn’t been hyperbolic either it’s a culmination of how I’ve been feeling a long time and I’ve finally had enough of it. The show runners continue with the same crap that has bogged this series down for 1 and a half seasons. To me the show has an identity crisis ever since it arrived on the CW. There are only a handful of episodes in the last season and a half that I love and that’s not good enough.

Well, then keep hoping, but my hope is that they continue in the vein of this season....so I guess we will continue to agree on Guardian, and disagree on pretty much everything else. :cwink:

As far as the JL comment, there are many there that use the format of posting that one must be taking something personal if you disagree....that was my reason for that comment. I take nothing personal here, I just give my opinion good or bad, and disagree with opinions here and there. Not a whole lot of personal dropped into it. In fact this season, except for the 1st couple of episodes, I haven't even been rating them or giving much in the way of an opinion about the episodes. I'm just enjoying the season as is...

Well, then keep hoping, but my hope is that they continue in the vein of this season....so I guess we will continue to agree on Guardian, and disagree on pretty much everything else. :cwink:

As far as the JL comment, there are many there that use the format of posting that one must be taking something personal if you disagree....that was my reason for that comment. I take nothing personal here, I just give my opinion good or bad, and disagree with opinions here and there. Not a whole lot of personal dropped into it. In fact this season, except for the 1st couple of episodes, I haven't even been rating them or giving much in the way of an opinion about the episodes. I'm just enjoying the season as is...

Fair enough.

I don’t take issue that you disagreed for me it was as the way you die. I took issue mainly with you telling me to not watch it anymore. As it’s up to me if I want to even if I’m not enjoying it. I personally think the show has been awful this season bar the Midvale episode and as I watch I’ll continue to express my thoughts. Even if they can come across extreme.

Hi all,

I didn't see anyone mention this, but Mon El and Imra are from the 31 century. I would assume Mon El would have looked up what happened to Supergirl. Once he got back to Earth.

Just wondered why Supergirl or anyone in the DEO didn't even bother to ask/accept if they could help. Especially since no one had a clue on wht the symbol meant.

Heck even in the episode Mon El and Imra offered to take a look at what the DEO had so far. Just to be turned down. I know this doesn't mean LoSH would have had the answer, but why not actually show it on screen.

Fair enough.

I don’t take issue that you disagreed for me it was as the way you die. I took issue mainly with you telling me to not watch it anymore. As it’s up to me if I want to even if I’m not enjoying it. I personally think the show has been awful this season bar the Midvale episode and as I watch I’ll continue to express my thoughts. Even if they can come across extreme.

Hey, I tell most that are NOT enjoying something to change the channel. Seems to me to be most enjoyable thing to do, and since this is totally about enjoyment of something....well, nothing personal meant, just practical. It honestly just looks as though it is painful for you to watch this series, if I don't like something, or find very little if anything to enjoy about it.....the channel is changed. I just see it as a waste of my time if I generally go over a 50% threshold of non-enjoyment. So when I see someone that in general does not like something, and is for the most part negative, I'll question why give it the time....that's all:yay:

Last edited:
Hey, I tell most that are NOT enjoying something to change the channel. Seems to me to be most enjoyable thing to do, and since this is totally about enjoyment of something....well, nothing personal meant, just practical. It honestly just looks as though it is painful for you to watch this series, if I don't like something, or find very little if anything to enjoy about it.....the channel is changed. I just see it as a waste of my time if I generally go over a 50% threshold of non-enjoyment. So when I see someone that in general does not like something, and is for the most part negative, I'll question why give it the time....that's all:yay:

Fair enough my apologies :up:

For me personally though I will turn off certain shows but not shows that involve my favourite DC characters. Those I’ll stick by in the hope that they’ll get better when they’re not very good. Afterall isn’t Hope what Supergirl is all about :cwink:

Fair enough my apologies :up:

For me personally though I will turn off certain shows but not shows that involve my favourite DC characters. Those I’ll stick by in the hope that they’ll get better when they’re not very good. Afterall isn’t Hope what Supergirl is all about :cwink:

Point taken....:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"