Supergirl Episode 3.12 "For Good" (SPOILERS)

On a side note, wasn't this the last episode produced under Kreisberg before his firing?

It seems to me that they would still have to put him as executive producer by contract if he was and he hasn't been in the credit as executive producer I think for the last three episodes

Celebs are not perfect,they just pretend they are

Did Blake personally tell you she didn't ?

I'm not sure where you get that she is pretending to be perfect, you don't have to agree with her politics, stand on social issues, etc...but I dont see the need to bash someone over those differences of opinion. I dont like Tom Cruises stand on pretty much everything, but I'm not going to go to his movie threads etc. and bash the guy. Seems like a waste of time.

NO ONE is perfect, yet everyone has a right to express their beliefs and stand up for what they think is right. Even those filthy celebs. :oldrazz:

It seems to me that they would still have to put him as executive producer by contract if he was and he hasn't been in the credit as executive producer I think for the last three episodes
Oh wow, I hadn't even noticed his name was gone.

I wish they would drop the (needlessly shoehorned into the story) politically correct Liberal/feminist crap
It's a superhero show, not a social politics platform.

I could do without it too... Stuff is way too forced and shoe-horned.

And celebs are just like everyone else. They do good things and they do bad things. Personally, I don't know exactly what happened with her and her now ex, and that's because I'm more concerned with the character rather than the actress.

On a side note, wasn't this the last episode produced under Kreisberg before his firing?

Oh no, are you thinking he was behind Katie's dress again? :nrv:

He never claimed either way, you were the one talking like you knew facts.

Oh no, are you thinking he was behind Katie's dress again? :nrv:
I WAS thinking it would be interesting to see if after this, her trend of low-cut sleeveless dresses continues. Because this wasn't the first in recent eps. But if he was gone before this then I guess it's unrelated.

NO ONE is perfect, yet everyone has a right to express their beliefs and stand up for what they think is right. Even those filthy celebs. :oldrazz:

Oh wow, I hadn't even noticed his name was gone.

Yes, he is still on as creator, I think it has been about 3-4 episodes that his name has been off as executive producer, but that will stay on as long as the series is on.

It is REALLY tough to know the timelines on all of these stories that we hear.

On another side note, for those lamenting that they "wasted" the Lexo-suit on such a low-key episode, you know the whole point of introducing it here in the first place was that they absolutely intend to bring it back when it will really matter. Its use here was clearly a bit of foreshadowing. Someone will likely use it against Worldkillers at some point, probably in the finale.

Time for Alex to suit up again.

Hell yes!!!!!!

On another side note, for those lamenting that they "wasted" the Lexo-suit on such a low-key episode, you know the whole point of introducing it here in the first place was that they absolutely intend to bring it back when it will really matter. Its use here was clearly a bit of foreshadowing. Someone will likely use it against Worldkillers at some point, probably in the finale.
It will be probably be Alex she's the logical choice but I really want it to be Lena.

I WAS thinking it would be interesting to see if after this, her trend of low-cut sleeveless dresses continues. Because this wasn't the first in recent eps. But if he was gone before this then I guess it's unrelated.

It's possible we are just projecting, there are plenty of shows where women wear sexy dresses that have nothing untoward going on, I mean a show like Scandal which is ran by a woman often has Kerry Washington or Bellamy Young in that type of dress if there's a Gala type event in an episode. I guess we shall see soon enough.

I didn't think it was a waste, I was just surprised it made it's debut in such a low key fashion, in a filler type episode, I thought it's first time in live action would have been part of a bigger storyline.

So are Chyler and Sam going to get together? They're seeming to bond a bit now and last week Chyler was looking after Ruby. They'd have a daughter to look after together. Chyler knows that Sam likes children too.

What could their couple name be? Chreign? Smyler?

And boo. No Amy Jackson in this episode. I hope she's back next week.

The episode was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Nice to see the Lexo suit too.

How did Sam not turn into Reign all this time? She seemed to change more often before.

It will be probably be Alex she's the logical choice but I really want it to be Lena.
Agreed on both counts.

It's possible we are just projecting, there are plenty of shows where women wear sexy dresses that have nothing untoward going on, I mean a show like Scandal which is ran by a woman often has Kerry Washington or Bellamy Young in that type of dress if there's a Gala type event in an episode. I guess we shall see soon enough.
Yep, that's certainly possible. If these wardrobe choices continue after the hiatus then it obviously wasn't a Kreisberg thing. There's nothing wrong with them on their own, after all. It's just context is key and all that.

I wish they would drop the (needlessly shoehorned into the story) politically correct Liberal/feminist crap
It's a superhero show, not a social politics platform.

From my perspective (as both a “crap” liberal and a “crap” feminist :cwink:), the problem isn’t the show’s politics. It’s that the writing - in general - isn’t particularly tight or artful. Thus, the same inelegance that’s used for (e.g.) the dubious relationship arcs or the sci-fi technobabble also gets applied to throwaway political commentary. Case in point:

...Kara to bodyguard "Never put your hands on a woman"...

As per the narrative, Kara actually was trespassing and security dude was just doing his job (the gender of the trespasser being irrelevant). Now, Kara kinda had to clobber security dude for the sake of the mission (for, as it were, the greater good). But then, just own that and move on. The parting commentary came across as a dubious rationalization (for Kara’s counter assault) and something of a non sequitur (which gets back to the point of weak writing).

Agreed on both counts.

Yep, that's certainly possible. If these wardrobe choices continue after the hiatus then it obviously wasn't a Kreisberg thing. There's nothing wrong with them on their own, after all. It's just context is key and all that.

I think because we know that it was AK that changed Lena's dress to a much more "showing" dress in the finale, we now see it everywhere...lol

I hated this episode. It was built on Lena being able to use her intellect, but all she did was coerce a confession under a threat of death. That's not clever or fourth dimensional chess or anything. There's no way it'd hold up in court, either. So, what was the point? I was kind of hoping someone else was after both Lena and Edge and they'd be forced to team up, ah well, I'm getting into fan fic territory, so I'll stop.

From my perspective (as both a “crap” liberal and a “crap” feminist :cwink:), the problem isn’t the show’s politics. It’s that the writing - in general - isn’t particularly tight or artful. Thus, the same inelegance that’s used for (e.g.) the dubious relationship arcs or the sci-fi technobabble also gets applied to throwaway political commentary. Case in point:

As per the narrative, Kara actually was trespassing and security dude was just doing his job (the gender of the trespasser being irrelevant). Now, Kara kinda had to clobber security dude for the sake of the mission (for, as it were, the greater good). But then, just own that and move on. The parting commentary came across as a dubious rationalization (for Kara’s counter assault) and something of a non sequitur (which gets back to the point of weak writing).

This. I'm all for putting political perspective into the show, but the writing on Supergirl besides being inelegant is one step away from breaking the forth wall and winking after the line. Theres a way to weave this stuff into the show without the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Hmmm....sometimes sledgehammers are needed. I see no problem with it.

I'm not the one who stated as though it were a fact that she cheated on her ex husband, mate. So you must know information from a reliable source the rest of us don't.

I know the show is downplaying Sam's age, but if she left Krypton as a baby, like Kal-El, aren't they (Reign and Kal, the same age?) If so, how come Lena is supposed to have been good friends with her for years if they claim Lena is around Kara's age?

How come Alex is an actual Doctor in this episode as it takes 12 yrs to get through pre-med, med-school and then a 4 yr residency? Plus her years at the DEO and at Seattle, she would be around 36-37 yrs old.

I really need to stop thinking about the show's time line.

I don't really care either way for Karamel. They can break up for good or they can come together again if written properly, but can we please, please, stop with the "I know this is hard". It's a very one sided conversation as it's always Mon-El chasing after Kara to make that observation to Kara. Um, Mon, my man, I think Kara knows its very hard, you don't need to tell her.

But I did love SuperValor team up, and Lillian Luthor using the Lexosuit was the surprise high light of the ep. If Lillian had actually killed Morgan Edge, she would have been my instant favorite character for the ep.

She said she was in research...not necessarily an MD.

Also have they ever said exactly how old Lena is? In the Luthor episode she looked about 5-7 years younger than Lex, if Lex is the same age as Clark then that would make Lena about 30 to 32. So her being good friends with Sam is not farfetched at all. It is very possible that Sam did not go to college immediately after she left home with a child at 18. Worked for 5 years or so and then went to college.

Last edited:
She said she was in research...not necessarily an MD.

Also have they ever said exactly how old Lena is? In the Luthor episode she looked about 5-7 years younger than Lex, if Lex is the same age as Clark then that would make Lena about 30 to 32. So her being good friends with Sam is not farfetched at all. It is very possible that Sam did not go to college immediately after she left home with a child at 18. Worked for 5 years or so and then went to college.
They screwed up w/ Lena’s timeline, IMO. In one episode, she said she was adopted by the Luthors when she was 4, and the flashback to that in “Luthors” was labeled “20 years ago.” Which would make her 24, which, LOL no offense to Katie McGrath, but no way. :oldrazz:

They screwed up w/ Lena’s timeline, IMO. In one episode, she said she was adopted by the Luthors when she was 4, and the flashback to that in “Luthors” was labeled “20 years ago.” Which would make her 24, which, LOL no offense to Katie McGrath, but no way. :oldrazz:

I'll have to go back and watch that episode again.....far too much has happened since then for me to remember any of it. lol

Wouldn't people have said the same thing about Lindsay Lohan when she was still in her early to mid twenties and looking over 40? lol. Not that Katie McGrath looks like that at all.

I know the show is downplaying Sam's age, but if she left Krypton as a baby, like Kal-El, aren't they (Reign and Kal, the same age?) If so, how come Lena is supposed to have been good friends with her for years if they claim Lena is around Kara's age?

Why does age matter whose friends with who? I’m friends with people or different ages infact my life long best friend is about 7 years younger than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"