Supergirl Episode 3.21 "Not Kansas" (SPOILERS)

And Kara was way too instantly-receptive to his newly revealed feelings too, imo. It was just like, "oh hey, we have The Wife's permission now? Cool!" I REALLY hope the spoilers about them are true because I'm suddenly starting to doubt certain aspects. :(
Re-watching the ep, I think I read this scene wrong. First time I saw it, I thought that killer robot pretty much interrupted an almost-kiss, but now I don't think that's the case at all. They intentionally kept it ambiguous, but there was a kind of wistful resignation to Kara's speech about her dream, and its written across both their faces. Now I think if they hadn't been interrupted, she would have said something to the effect of it being a dream of the past and how they're basically different people now.

Re-watching the ep, I think I read this scene wrong. First time I saw it, I thought that killer robot pretty much interrupted an almost-kiss, but now I don't think that's the case at all. They intentionally kept it ambiguous, but there was a kind of wistful resignation to Kara's speech about her dream, and its written across both their faces. Now I think if they hadn't been interrupted, she would have said something to the effect of it being a dream of the past and how they're basically different people now.
It was well acted by both Melissa and Chris, they succeeded in leaving it up to the viewer's interpretation which I'm sure was the intention. He didn't move toward her at all and all she did was touch his face but didn't actually move toward him either.

Honestly I don't know what's going to happen with these two. We have seen some good teamwork fight scenes in the past few episodes so I could him saying and the two of them deciding to slowly get to know each other again. I could just as easily see him going back to the 31st century and his team. If he stays I think they will eventually get back together. If he goes then both of them get the closure they deserve.

I think Imra has given Mon-El way too much leeway. She is practically like Sam Neil's character in The Horse Whisperer. He let Kristin Scott Thomas go off with Robert Redford and told her that he realises he loves her more than she loves him, and to only come home when she is sure what she wants and that she is sure she loves him.

I think Imra has given Mon-El way too much leeway. She is practically like Sam Neil's character in The Horse Whisperer. He let Kristin Scott Thomas go off with Robert Redford and told her that he realises he loves her more than she loves him, and to only come home when she is sure what she wants and that she is sure she loves him.
Will she still love him though?

Imra, Brainy & Mon-El went back in time to change the future, so in the future (once returned) will Imra be the same person? Her life would have surely evolved differently to how it did before?

I do actually hope that Alura will move to earth with Kara.

I do actually hope that Alura will move to earth with Kara.
Then she'll get a cape too? :oldrazz:

I do wonder why they don't settle Argo City somewhere though; maybe on our Moon, especially if they know Kara is on Earth and that it's habitable; presumably they have the ability to change course, else they could have flown into an asteroid belt or black hole by now.

Why was Samantha naked when she separated from Reign? When she was in that other reality where she was displaced, she was wearing clothes.

And what has happened to her again at the end? Has her DNA been rewritten once more? Has she turned into Reign again? Was it only a temporary fix?

Why was Samantha naked when she separated from Reign? When she was in that other reality where she was displaced, she was wearing clothes.

And what has happened to her again at the end? Has her DNA been rewritten once more? Has she turned into Reign again? Was it only a temporary fix?

In the other reality they were not fully separated, I think the nekkid was to show that it was a full separation.

As far as your other questions? who knows.

If you know that the person still loves someone else, maybe more than they love you, and you know that your marriage was only an arranged marriage then why wouldn't she allow him to go and figure out his feelings?

In the other reality they were not fully separated, I think the nekkid was to show that it was a full separation.

On Smallville, when black kryptonite was used to separate a person's Kryptonian side from their "human" side, the person could also end up naked. It's what happened when Martha used the rock on Kal-El during the Season 4 premiere, "Crusade."

tumblr_oi58umHt1a1uc9prfo3_400.gif

That said, I don't believe they had Davis Bloome (Doomsday) appear naked after black kryptonite was used to separate him from Doomsday in "Doomsday." He would become naked whenever he naturally transformed out his Doomsday state, however. Interestingly enough, there are a lot of similar elements in this season of Supergirl compared to Smallville's eighth season: the dual nature theme with a Doomsday character is explored; Kara leaves to seek out Alura on a rumored surviving part of Krypton; Tess (similar to Lena) does some shady things related to the destroyer threat (e.g. Doomsday) and with the secret identity; a star-crossed romance is revisited; the Legion makes an appearance.

I didn't get around to seeing this ep until Monday but when I watched it I did wonder how people would react, maybe it's because I come froma country where I've been alive nearly 40 years and never seen a gun, but I didn't find it that heavy handed.

I get in the US some people feel the need to have a handgun in case they need to shoot a mugger or a burgular, but I thought the ep was pretty clear that the main focus was getting these miltiary weapons off the street, no everyday person, whether they live in the city or the rurual areas, need access to fully automatic weapons that shoot enough bullets per minute to kill a dozen people.

I also get that not everyone wants social commentary in their superhero show, it was one of the reasons I didn't find Black Lightning as good as a lot of people on here seemed to, but one ep on a topic that is directly effecting the core of the CW's audience I felt made sense.

I raised this question in the season finale thread as well. In both cases, they had either Sam naked or Kara naked, and yet one stayed where she was in Sam's case while Reign was sent off somewhere else. In the other case, naked Kara was the one who disappeared and ended up in Siberia.

If in this episode it established that the naked one stays (as if representing perhaps a more human and possibly good half) then it should've been a more Kryptonian and evil version of Kara that went off to Siberia while the naked version was left with Sam and her other friends in that cave.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency as to who goes where.

I didn't get around to seeing this ep until Monday but when I watched it I did wonder how people would react, maybe it's because I come froma country where I've been alive nearly 40 years and never seen a gun, but I didn't find it that heavy handed.

I get in the US some people feel the need to have a handgun in case they need to shoot a mugger or a burgular, but I thought the ep was pretty clear that the main focus was getting these miltiary weapons off the street, no everyday person, whether they live in the city or the rurual areas, need access to fully automatic weapons that shoot enough bullets per minute to kill a dozen people.

I also get that not everyone wants social commentary in their superhero show, it was one of the reasons I didn't find Black Lightning as good as a lot of people on here seemed to, but one ep on a topic that is directly effecting the core of the CW's audience I felt made sense.

For me, it had nothing to do with the message, I actually agree with the message they were putting forth. For me, it was the timing.....it did not fit the story line anywhere, it did not further the story a long at all, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the core story line, which meant it took time away from that storyline. That was my problem. The writer was given their chance to put forth their ideology on guns last season in "Crossfire" there really was no need to repeat it here.

For me, it had nothing to do with the message, I actually agree with the message they were putting forth. For me, it was the timing.....it did not fit the story line anywhere, it did not further the story a long at all, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the core story line, which meant it took time away from that storyline. That was my problem. The writer was given their chance to put forth their ideology on guns last season in "Crossfire" there really was no need to repeat it here.
There's been no progress since then though, each mass murder happens, people are outraged for a week, nothing gets done and people go back to their lives until the next slaughter happens, I can see why she/he revisited it.

I do agree it had nothing to do with the core story but I wonder if that was a case of them having the Argo stuff and needing to fill out the rest of the ep with something involving the characters back on Earth? The last few eps felt terriobly jumbled, a weird mix of lack of focus, too many different plotlines and an odd mix of either filling time like this ep did, or cramming way too much into an episode with not enough time to do anything justice. I feel like they need to sort the scheduling out better next season, Supergiurl got shafted in favour of LoT.

There's been no progress since then though, each mass murder happens, people are outraged for a week, nothing gets done and people go back to their lives until the next slaughter happens, I can see why she/he revisited it.

I do agree it had nothing to do with the core story but I wonder if that was a case of them having the Argo stuff and needing to fill out the rest of the ep with something involving the characters back on Earth? The last few eps felt terriobly jumbled, a weird mix of lack of focus, too many different plotlines and an odd mix of either filling time like this ep did, or cramming way too much into an episode with not enough time to do anything justice. I feel like they need to sort the scheduling out better next season, Supergiurl got shafted in favour of LoT.

No it was a case of one of the writers for that particular episode that was her last episode to write for Supergirl since she is moving on to another TV series next Fall and that was her going away present.

As far as scheduling....every show was hit on the CW including Flash, Supergirl actually beat Flash a few times in viewership....it was across the board. Supergirl didn't get anymore of a hit than anyone else.

No it was a case of one of the writers for that particular episode that was her last episode to write for Supergirl since she is moving on to another TV series next Fall and that was her going away present.

As far as scheduling....every show was hit on the CW including Flash, Supergirl actually beat Flash a few times in viewership....it was across the board. Supergirl didn't get anymore of a hit than anyone else.
Her going away present was freedom to write another ep on an issue she felt is important?

Flash was a mess as well, it just felt like Supergirl got a raw deal, I think such a huge gap between the two halves of the season hurt. I don't know what was going on but something felt really off in the 2nd half of the season compared to the first 2 seasons, it's like someone needs to remember who the main character in the show is.

That seems to happen a lot on this show. I thought the same thing happened with Alex and Maggie taking over the show,the bottom line is the show is called SUPERGIRL!

Her going away present was freedom to write another ep on an issue she felt is important?

Flash was a mess as well, it just felt like Supergirl got a raw deal, I think such a huge gap between the two halves of the season hurt. I don't know what was going on but something felt really off in the 2nd half of the season compared to the first 2 seasons, it's like someone needs to remember who the main character in the show is.

Yep..... 2 episodes away from the finale, when they have just started a new story line with Argo City....

Yep..... 2 episodes away from the finale, when they have just started a new story line with Argo City....
I feel like they should have left Argo City for next season, it was all a bit rushed for such a big story.

I feel like they should have left Argo City for next season, it was all a bit rushed for such a big story.

Oh definitely, but comic lore (except for Supergirl herself) has been close to non-existent.

I'm happy that we got Reign, and I was fine with how they used her....there wasn't much else there from the comics. Certainly not the Legion....so not surprised that Argo City was just thrown in for good measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"