Hawkeye Episode 3: Echoes (Spoiler Discussion)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Last week...

Clint LARPed,
rgYVFC2.gif

developed PTSD from a traumatically bad musical,
CaW4nHC.gif

met the MCU's best boy,
lSs6pJD.gif

and ran into THE Hawkeye.

wa5ZXpH.gif

Now, time for Echoes...

- Fisk.

- Echoes backstory is tragic... but FISK!!!

- Kate doesn't like Imagine Dragons? How is she even cooler then I realized? :atp:

- Russian Jon Snow.

- This is a much better directing effort then last week.

- Fraction's trick arrow joke got me right in the feels.

- "I was born careful." :lmao:

- "Hey, were communicating." :funny:

- Some of the worst Marvel CGI, followed by some of it's worst green screen. :hehe:

- We need more trick arrows in our life.

- "The Challenger got totaled anyways." So many likes they could have went with there, and they chose that? :argh:

- The Pym arrow combo was fantastic.

- "Now I get the whole plunger arrow thing!" :lmao:

- The phone call was legitimately adorable and tender.

- Kate's best drawing yet! :mrk:

- HE'S SUCH A GOOD BOY!!!! :atp:

Yeah, I really liked that one.

OH **** this was good! So much great stuff, but most of all, UNCLE! Also Hailee is absolutely fantastic, but that goes without saying.

I really loved this episode. Much better than the first two episodes. It had a lot action, trick arrows, Echo backstory, and more of Clint’s loss of hearing. I wasn’t as annoyed by Kate in this episode as much as I was in the first two episodes. Great balance between the action and the quieter moments.

Terrific episode! Love the characters and the heart, humor and action. The PYM arrow was delightful. And after all the rumors, I'm very happy Uncle's hand seemed to be normal size.

Very fun episode.

That chase on the Manhattan Bridge was everything (very bad green screen but I’ll forgive it) and Echo kicked so much ass. It’s really impressive how endearing this show makes characters like her and Kate in such little time, very pithy. Really liked how they showcased Clint’s hearing in this episode too, that was effective.

But most of all, I love that Clint and Kate were held in an abandoned KB Toys store. Next to Toys R Us, that was the spot lol.

Really enjoying this so far.

The Uncle stuff was fun, though I'm a bit underwhelmed with Echo. It does feel like she was rushed in to get in a spin-off. The cliffhangers are also pretty lackluster. Overall though, it's a lot of fun and I enjoy Clint and Kate a lot in this.

This episode was better. Good buddy banter, team up action and bonding between the 2.

The Uncle stuff was fun, though I'm a bit underwhelmed with Echo. It does feel like she was rushed in to get in a spin-off. The cliffhangers are also pretty lackluster. Overall though, it's a lot of fun and I enjoy Clint and Kate a lot in this.
Echo has been boring and disappointing so far. I’m sure we’ll see much better from her in the remaining episodes but not a great start. Clint and Kate have been at their best together this episode IMO.

Echo has been boring and disappointing so far. I’m sure we’ll see much better from her in the remaining episodes but not a great start. Clint and Kate have been at their best together this episode IMO.
Yeah, the Echo stuff has not been the best tbh. The way episode 2 ended on a shot of her as if everyone was already supposed to know who is she is was a weird choice too. At least her motivation for this particular story makes sense, but (judging from the show only) I'm sort of like: "why does this character need a spin-off?"

This episode was fun. The car chase was probably my favorite action sequence out of any of the Marvel Disney+ shows so far.

The banter between Clint and Kate is on point and Lucky is the goodest boy ever.

Maya's going to be an interesting character. Still curious to see if Clint did in fact kill her father or if there was more to it than that since it happened off screen. Either way, I'm excited to see more of "Uncle Willy". I recognized D'Onofrio's chuckle instantly.

The only negative thing I have to say about this episode is that Zahn McClarnon has already been wasted here but I'm assuming he'll be back in flashbacks for the Echo show.

- Some of the worst Marvel CGI, followed by some of it's worst green screen. :hehe:

That chase on the Manhattan Bridge was everything (very bad green screen but I’ll forgive it)
Maybe it's because I got junk sleep last night but the CGI/greenscreen didn't look all that bad to me, even though it was very noticeable. At the very least I thought it looked better than a lot of what was seen in the third act of Black Widow but that's a low bar to cross. :o

Yeah, the Echo stuff has not been the best tbh. The way episode 2 ended on a shot of her as if everyone was already supposed to know who is she is was a weird choice too. At least her motivation for this particular story makes sense, but (judging from the show only) I'm sort of like: "why does this character need a spin-off?"

I thought the actress was fine, especially since I believe this is her first acting gig. But I'm thinking a spinoff will require some additional support to attract an audience including Uncle Willy and perhaps a few others as well. Maybe it's a backdoor pilot to bring Cousin Matt into the MCU?

This episode was fun. The car chase was probably my favorite action sequence out of any of the Marvel Disney+ shows so far.

The banter between Clint and Kate is on point and Lucky is the goodest boy ever.

Maya's going to be an interesting character. Still curious to see if Clint did in fact kill her father or if there was more to it than that since it happened off screen. Either way, I'm excited to see more of "Uncle Willy". I recognized D'Onofrio's chuckle instantly.

The only negative thing I have to say about this episode is that Zahn McClarnon has already been wasted here but I'm assuming he'll be back in flashbacks for the Echo show.

Maybe it's because I got junk sleep last night but the CGI/greenscreen didn't look all that bad to me, even though it was very noticeable. At the very least I thought it looked better than a lot of what was seen in the third act of Black Widow but that's a low bar to cross. :o

That’s the nitpicking New Yorker in me Driz. I’m like “they’re not even on the real bridge, look at this sh**!”

But yeah still a very cool sequence nonetheless.

That’s the nitpicking New Yorker in me Driz. I’m like “they’re not even on the real bridge, look at this sh**!”

That was like how I was with the Zombie episode of "What If?" when they took a train to New Jersey from Grand Central. :facepalm:

I think that the Ronin she is looking for might be, Duquesne.
We Shall See.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"