Episode 3: Lamentis (Spoiler Discussion)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
We're all out of juice...

UZUrSGF.gif

Last edited:
This episode brought back the hallway fights we haven’t seen since Daredevil

This series better be up for some serious set/production design come awards season. Beautifully done

So now that we know that TVA agents are essentially variants themselves, I’m guessing there’s a version of Mobius out there that rides jet skis for a living lol

A 2D trip through a planet from the Mandalorian, colonized by Doctor Who, left a lot to talk about.

- So the obvious. The minutemen aren't created by the TVA. They are snatched them or are they variants they then mind wiped? All they all Mobius? Whose responsible? Actual Time Keepers? Ravonna? Kang?

- Sylvie is a Loki... or is she? Could she be a Loki, even our Loki, who changed her identify because she couldn't stand being Loki anymore? Is she his ex-wife? His daughter with Enchantress? His sister? His mother? Between the conversation about love, the trip down memory lane about his mother, and the woman in the trailer, I can see it matching up with the wife/daughter idea best. Maybe her battle with the TVA is her birth was a variance and they tried to element her. Maybe that is why she hangs out in the apocalypse. She survived one.

- Also all the talk of Enchanting. What are the chances we get Sylvie and Kid Loki hanging out in the future?

- I loved the bonding and I loved how they were both a bit crap.

- How come everyone's oners are so much better then Joss Whedon's? :funny:

- Loki singing... well I know what will be all over tumblr this week.

- That was certainly the cliffhanger.

I am loving the show and each episode is infinitely watchable.

Last edited:
I liked Wandavision, but this is the first of the three Marvel shows so far that has me really hooked. I genuinely don't know where things will all end up falling.
WandaVision definitely picked up steam, but Loki has been fire out of the gate for me. The less said about the failure that was TFATWS, the better.

Sylvie giving Loki **** for absolutely everything is my jam. "...Awful throw."

Also, I love how the music during the tracking shot at the end sounded like a ticking clock that kept ramping up in intensity. The music on this show in general has been on another level.

Sylvie giving Loki **** for absolutely everything is my jam. "...Awful throw."

Also, I love how the music during the tracking shot at the end sounded like a ticking clock that kept ramping up in intensity. The music on this show in general has been on another level.
I don't get why she didn't just take the dagger out of the wall. It was almost like she didn't do it to spite him. And then she slammed the guy into it. :funny:

Agree on the music. It is very good. The composer, Holt, has quite the track record. Between Holt and Herron, they are killing it.

Easily the best episode so far and yet I still don't know exactly where things are going in this show which has me even more excited honestly and how they are going to eventually wrap this season up.

Sophia Di Martino and Tom Hiddleston actually have pretty great chemistry and I like that they didn't waste too much time teaming them up against what I assume to be the real threat in this show.

Also, as far as direction and production/sound design goes this episode was just aces in that department and I really want to make sure I remember who directed the action sequences in this episode, because the hand to hand fight choreography was pretty damn impressive and quite brutal at times.

The crazy special effects with that planet getting decimated by debris looked great too and super cinematic, especially during that tracking shot towards the end.

they tried that one shot action sequence like true detective and daredevil's staircase scene. wasn't as good as those but still good.

getting super strong sylvie is loki's daughter vibes.

i just wish they had a convo about why she wants to destroy the TVA.

confirmation of bisexual loki and sylvie as trans? and seems that ravonna knows about the variant stuff but that's just a guess.

my guess is that another variant loki comes in to save loki & sylvie next expisode. maybe richard e grant's loki.

Last edited:
I'll keep on eye on how the response will be to Loki and Sylvie being confirmed bisexual and the implication that Sylvie may have transitioned rather than having always been a woman/Sylvie (she seems to treat 'Loki' as a deadname and says "that's not who I am anymore. I'm Sylvie now."). That's a first for Marvel Studios main characters right?

This was the first Disney+ Marvel series episode where I was tempted to hit pause and go grab a snack. It felt like a filler and I think that they could have easily compressed and incorporated it into another episode.

This was the first Disney+ Marvel series episode where I was tempted to hit pause and go grab a snack. It felt like a filler and I think that they could have easily compressed and incorporated it into another episode.
I do think that, moreso than Falcon & WS / WandaVision, this show will end up feeling like a really long movie when binged.

I was thinking maybe she had different adoptive parents? I don't think they ever mentioned Odin and Frigga by name, right? If Sylvie wasn't lying it seems she was never Asgardian royalty. She was also told she was adopted when Loki wasn't, so it seems she had a different relationship with her adoptive parents, or at least adoptive father.

Also this is the first time we heard Asgardian language I think? (Loki's singing). It raises some questions about why we never heard it before and why it's different from the English they spoke that people like Jane Foster and Bruce Banner could understand. Guess there is some version of "Allspeak"? I could make out some words, so it seems derived from actual Scandinavian languages. Wonder if we could get an estimate of the song lyrics.

i just wish they had a convo about why she wants to destroy the TVA.
She said she spent her entire life running from them. Maybe she just wants to live a life without being hunted down for not adhering to the TVA's dictation of the "sacred timeline".

Last edited:
While I liked the episode, I do think this is probably the weakest so far. Not much really happened, which is not inherently a bad thing but and it didn't help that the episode was the shortest. Plus the ending felt a little abrupt.

But on the plus side, I really liked Sylvie and thought she played off of Loki pretty well. I had wondered if the TVA were all gonna be variants but it's interesting to see it confirmed here. Now we definitely need to see Mobius back in the 90s riding a jetski end the end of the season lol.

Last edited:
Definitely the weakest episode so far. The pacing was off, Loki suddenly using his powers when just in the last episode he did virtually nothing to fight those possessed by Sylvie, and the random soldiers fighting them when the planet is on the verge of being destroyed doesn’t seem like the most logical thing to do when everything around you is in chaos.

Few other things:
  • Loki can reverse time, since when?
  • When being accompanied by TVA agents, he can’t make his knives appear?
  • Is every planet we visit only going to have humanoids?

Definitely the weakest episode so far. The pacing was off, Loki suddenly using his powers when just in the last episode he did virtually nothing to fight those possessed by Sylvie, and the random soldiers fighting them when the planet is on the verge of being destroyed doesn’t seem like the most logical thing to do when everything around you is in chaos.

Few other things:

I thought that was telekinesis.

Few other things:
1 - I believe he was using telekinesis
2 - Couple things, I think he had to have hold of his knives first before he could "put them away" (wherever he hides things magically), secondly in the TVA itself, he couldn't use magic, so he couldn't make his knives 'just appear' there when he was at the TVA - or hide them when he had initially been handed them in the previous episode. So it took him getting them physically from B-15's locker (and then leaving the TVA with them where he could then store them as needed with his magic). Sorry if that didn't make sense.

Perhaps I didn’t see close enough, but didn’t the building form back together?
It didn't form back together, he just pushed it the opposite direction (so it looked like it was going back up, but it continued and fell down the other way, away from them)

This episode felt hollow, somewhat filler rather than an exploration. Their was some character development to be sure with Sylvie (Enchantress) she’s definitely not lady Loki.
But otherwise no real development on the overall plot and true agenda of the scheme.

1 - I believe he was using telekinesis
2 - Couple things, I think he had to have hold of his knives first before he could "put them away" (wherever he hides things magically), secondly in the TVA itself, he couldn't use magic, so he couldn't make his knives 'just appear' there when he was at the TVA - or hide them when he had initially been handed them in the previous episode. So it took him getting them physically from B-15's locker (and then leaving the TVA with them where he could then store them as needed with his magic). Sorry if that didn't make sense.

1. Thanks for the clarification
2. That makes sense, it’s just like the time device that he had to take from Sylvie before he could conceal it.

This episode felt hollow, somewhat filler rather than an exploration. Their was some character development to be sure with Sylvie (Enchantress) she’s definitely not lady Loki.
But otherwise no real development on the overall plot and true agenda of the scheme.

Sylvie is Lady Loki, she just doesn’t like going by Loki. It seems that the creators just combined two characters in one.

Amazing episode. Loved the character development and the production design. The comedy and dramatic beats were both on point. And now that TVA employee/variant theory is confirmed, I want Mobius to be revealed as a 90's era jetski salesman. That or a variant of Owen Wilson himself.

Also, I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong, but I don't get how we're still having the Enchantress debate after this episode. It seemed to put to rest the argument for me. I'm going to be very disappointed at this point if she isn't a Loki variant. Not just because its a copout, but because it would IMO be needlessly contrived and undermine all the development in this episode.

Surprised a few of you are saying this is the weakest episode so far...It was the complete opposite for me. I wasn't feeling the first two episodes much at all but this one was a lot better. More action, less overly long exposition and I liked Loki and Sylvie's interactions/chemistry more than Loki and Mobius.

There was just a lot to like in this one. The first two episodes were the ones where I felt nothing really happened and they felt hollow. Like I said, they were just a lot of exposition and set up.

I'm actually looking forward to episode 4 now.

The planet very much reminded me of a DW ep: Apocalypse and quarries with a purple filter!

This was different than the first two but I enjoyed it. I think it was necessary to have both Loki and Sylvie establish a "relationship" right away as set up for the rest of the series.

I liked Sylvie. I don't love her yet but she and TH worked well together. I suspect her agenda is going to be self serving but will end up working just enough for everyone else's benefit that she/a form of her will live to cause chaos another day.

I enjoyed the discussion on the train and the way it wandered from upbringing to Frigga to sexuality, to love and magic. Both of them packed a lot of layers into the discussion. Frigga keeps being brought up so much that I wonder if she's going to cameo. TH drunk dancing, singing and drinking like an Asgardian was funny and the look between them when he was maudlin drunk was interesting.

So the TVA are all variants...hmm. So like the Time Lord, Time Masters etc before them the Time Keepers are shady AF, you don't say. That said, I guess it's better than being murdered for being a variant. Slyvie has been a variant since she was a child, that's interesting, still not entirely sure how that all works.

I missed Mobius and B-15 but I think this was a good character ep for both Lokis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"