1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Episode 6: For All Time. Always. (Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'LOKI' started by DarthSkywalker, Jul 14, 2021.

1. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Eh...

Some stuff absolutly can be pulled off... Pulled off well is another story:

[​IMG]

I think for sure we will get the outfit but some adjustments will be... needed.

blueharvest and Deck Rickard like this.
  2. DeadStroke Registered

Its funny you mentioned that. To me the thing that was missing was the craft/cinematography of a high-caliber director. (no diss to Kate as I expect her to be very good eventually)

I thought his performance was great, but sometimes the camera was just too far away from his face
    I feel like the "play" scene from that movie is why they hired him.

ThePowerCosmic and antsman41 like this.
  3. Bren Forevernoob

Not even slightly worried if they can pull off his look... Excited to see what they do.

4. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I know he's not meant to be Kang here, but when Majors showed up wearing what he was wearing, I was thinking "I hope that's not his Kang costume. He looks like CW Kang or Netflix Kang."

5. Fosterson Registered

Yes. Kang is basically Evil Iron Man on steroids.

6. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Mixed feelings on the finale for me, I enjoyed it, the performances were spot on, including Majors for me and this is the first time I have seen him. I am just not huge on Kang like a lot are so setting him up doesn't excite me a lot.

I guess I expected something a bit more epic and out there after episode 5. Also, Marvel still gets a little too involved with setting up what's to come rather than focusing on what it's doing currently for me.

Overall though this was the best D+ shoe so far. And I say this as someone who loved WandaVision and enjoyed TFAWS.

7. Web-Head Running

8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I'll think you'll find there are a better selection of D+ shoes here:

[​IMG]

9. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Yeah, I still don't get this either.

So Kang knows the life story of everyone and everything, except variants can and do happen, thus Kang can't be all knowing else he'd never be defeated, and if he knew life stories is that because he simply knows his history or because he's set certain paths in motion.

After that last episode, I'm just not sure what free will is within the MCU. Do our heroes have it or don't they?

10. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Sorta seems like our heroes never had it "up til this point" and even now its questionable so long as Kang exists in any of his forms. Because Kang is capable of controlling/conquering the entire multiverse, you're right free will is null.

Loki and Sylvie broke the timeline open, but it still comes down to whether or not Kang can truly be defeated.

11. Bren Forevernoob

If you look at this pic after a sneezing spree, with a bit of a squint (maybe some alcohol), this makes me think of some sci-fi star fighter.......... :)

12. Bren Forevernoob

I kinda just see it that free will exists and that's why there are events and variants. Kang / Immortus just prunes the ones he doesn't agree with (in this case, any that don't result in the timeline he wants).

SpocksBrain and Flash525 like this.
  13. Broseph44 Witness Me

Awesome finale, what an amazing first season. Like I keep saying easily the best and my favorite of the MCU shows so far and of phase 4. So ready for Kang.

SpocksBrain and MaceB like this.
  14. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

This is my favorite D+ series so far too. Super glad this one is getting the season 2.

Holy Slapper, MaceB and Spider-Fan like this.
  15. Legendver2 Registered

Lex Luthor, Doctor Doom, Joker, The Mandarin, just to name a few, are all human supervillains that is on an Avenger/JL threat level. These are comic stories we're talking about. Anyone can be an existential threat if written to be one, and Kang has tons of stories already about him being just that. I think your argument, which I'm sure there are others who feel the same, is probably more on a visual level. Since Thanos was such an imposing figure visually, some probably wanted something more menacing looking than a big purple alien, instead of what we ended up getting, some human looking dude.

SpocksBrain and Flash525 like this.
  16. Detective Conan Registered

17. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Dang, thats a testament to his acting range!

SHOOT Im excited to see more of him.

18. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Free will exist. It’s just an experiment of trial and error.

I think the point was he created the sacred timeline in an unnatural way. Old man Loki existed and escaped Thanos. Our Loki didn’t. So that incident didn’t matter. But once old man Loki tried to return, he was pruned and a new Loki story was written.

The nexus events don’t matter except in the a Kang can appear in a alternate timeline. Loki winning or MJ not learning his identity don’t matter as choices. HWR made a timeline that must flow in circle that prevents a Kang.

19. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

But 15 and 20 were antagonists. And the character Jonathan plays wasn't even Kang, originally, just some another random villain who happened to be black

Everything with boastful Loki was hella sus

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  20. Kev4000 Registered

21. LoganPool Fear is Not My Guide

I'm confused about how the multiverse works... and I'm not even sure anyone can clarify it for me...

It looks like they've portrayed the multiverse in two completely separate ways. For example:

The Branching Timeline:
    [​IMG]

Here we see all the "multiverses" connected by one "sacred" timeline.

However, He Who Remains describes it as "Universes on top of eachother." Basically running parallel with each other. As depicted here:
    [​IMG]

These don't look like branches nor look connected at all.

So which is it?? Is every multiverse timeline "connected" or separate/running parallel?? Or both??

Or is there a difference between the multiverse, as depicted on the TVA monitor, and the parallel universes that HWR talks about??

I'm so confused!

22. Holy Slapper Registered

Universes are not the same as timelines.

Doug Mills likes this.