Arrow Episode 7: Muse of Fire - Discussion/Rate & Review Thread

Deathstroke

Civilian
Reaction score
This episode was a 5/10.

This was Arrow's first bad episode IMO. It felt like a Smallville episode.

All the dialogue was predictable and cliche. All the character scenes were loaded with sappy CW music. The teleplay writers did a half-assed job. None of the great Oliver/Diggs dialogue was present. Everything just fell flat. No surprise this episode was brought to you by the team that brought you Green Lantern 2011 (Geoff Johns and Marc Guggenheim)

The show completely lost it's cinematic feel.

The Merlyn and son thing is too much of an obvious retread of Lionel/Lex and Norman Osbourne/Harry, as I feared. Barrowman is miscast as the father. Tommy looks 30, and his character almost is.

The Tommy/Laurel stuff dragged.

Walter's return was random and uneventful. What was the whole point of his departure? Dancing with the Stars?

Huntress was... iffy. The promo for next week looks super cheesy but I'm hoping they find a way to make her character work.

Last edited:
My prejudice is showing but I really wanted the Bertinelli's to be more comically Italian. Like eating spaghetti in every scene so we understand that they're Italian mob. lol

It seems like the writers are always ahead of us. Speedy apologized for being a b--ch and annoying.

The stuff between Huntress and Olllie about what exactly is the difference between their missions could be interesting.

DeJouw is smoking hot. Don't care about her acting. She didn't kill the scenes so that's good.

Hopefully, Tommy's relationship to his father is interesting for his character development.

No flashbacks?!!!

It was ok.

It was a nice way to introduce Helena, from the pictures we have seen and preview for nextweek, I was hoping we would get a better costume. Hopefully that is improved throughout the years if this show goes on long enough.

Nice to see China White again even though it was very brief (can they please get a better wig? Kim Zolciak has more convincing wigs) but looks like she finally gets something to do next episode.

Was exciting to see Tahmoh Penikett, shame that they wasted him for one episode. Would have loved to see him in a bigger role.

Barrowman being Tommys father wasnt surprising in the least.

They really need to give Dinah better stories to play with, I am already tired of seeing her used to further romantic scenes. One of the best DC characters in probably one of the least interesting adaptions.

Have to do a re-watch....my CW affiliate cut to commercial during a scene between Oliver and Frank. UGH!

Oh yea The ComicBookKid.... thanks for pointing out there were no flashbacks lol

first to vote!:woot:

I enjoyed this one.My major gripe still is the soap stuff taking much time away.In this case,the Moira/Thea scenes.the tommy/laurel stuff wasn't bad,but I'm fearing some real annoying stuff once they "hook up".

So the mystery man turns out to be Tommy's dad.Not really a surprise,but I like the turn of events.He's probably the man with the bow & arrows in those pictures. (in other words, Merlyn)

I liked the way the Huntress was handled.Kinda wish we actually got more Ollie in costume,though.Loved Dig's line about now he knows what it feels like to be lied to.

Overall a strong episode.:up:

Have to do a re-watch....my CW affiliate cut to commercial during a scene between Oliver and Frank. UGH!

Oh yea The ComicBookKid.... thanks for pointing out there were no flashbacks lol
Good point.

It may say something that I didn't miss them!

If Barrowman is going to play heavily into the last half of the season then I really hope my idea of a pre-crash flashback happens and we get to see the Meryln and Queen families before everything goes to heck in Starling City.

There better be a scene between Helena and Dinah next week!!:cmad:

Love love love love Dejouw as Helena. :hrt:

Decent ep - I liked how Ollie and Helena saw one another as the same. Looking forward to them teaming up. Could be a lot of fun moments in the weeks ahead.

And whoever called Barrowman as being Tommy's father deserves to be mod of this forum. :o lol

TheComicbookKid said:
Dejouw is smoking hot. Don't care about her acting. She didn't kill the scenes so thats good.
:up:

Enjoyed her introduction and really could have done without that kiss at the end. They have chemistry, but let it build.

Wasn't that crazy about this episode, it further confirms for me that Geoff Johns should not be writing any more episodes. I really enjoy his comics but that doesn't translate well to live action.

The only part that stood out to me as bad was the "No one can know my secret!" part. Just... Bleh. Overall good episode. I bet the next one will be even better.

Last edited:
Loved the episode. Loved Dig and Ollie as always. My favorite parts were Ollie and Helena, Huntress is a good character so far.

Also China White was on the island, and Ollie stopped her and some other people obviously from doing something, perhaps related to drugs like in the comics.

First part of the Huntress storyline and a great way to introduce the Huntress. This episode is written by Geoff Johns, who wrote several Smallville episodes.

The Oliver and Helena relationship seems to be the most interesting and seems to click where Oliver and Dinah didn't. Oliver has someone whom he can relate his secret with and Diggle is cautious about it.

It seems Thea has a purpose is pointing out Oliver's flaws. I could do without Dinah and Merlyn, whose father happens to be the Well-Dressed Man. This story thread may lead into the mid-season finale.

Walter's return felt like it was tacked in and felt uneventful. This is also the first episode without flashbacks on the island, so it's clear that Geoff Johns writes for other guest heroes and he has done this in Smallville as well.

Good episode for the Huntress.

The only part that stood out to me as bad was the "No one can know my secret!" part. Just... Bleh. Overall good episode. I bet the next one will be even better.
I didn't understand that part at all. It seemed Oliver was horrified at what Helena did but he
had just snapped a henchman's neck

Wasn't that crazy about this episode, it further confirms for me that Geoff Johns should not be writing any more episodes. I really enjoy his comics but that doesn't translate well to live action.

Yeah, Green Lantern and his Smallville episodes really confirmed that for me. He doesn't have much talent as a screenwriter. I hope he doesn't meddle with the Justice League script.

Whoever it was that played Huntress was pretty bad. The Tommy/Laurel stuff was uninteresting. The episode as a whole was "meh."

Worst episode by far. Thi didn't livw up to any of the other ones.

I didn't understand that part at all. It seemed Oliver was horrified at what Helena did but he
had just snapped a henchman's neck

I think the look of shock was from her snapping someone's neck and then saying "no one can know my secret." Just like Ollie did in the first episode.

I got what they were going for, but I think the director dropped the ball on it.

I went and gave this a 10. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Enjoyed her introduction and really could have done without that kiss at the end. They have chemistry, but let it build.

I normally would agree, but there was so much built up energy and fire in that scene that I thought it was fine.

that happened to me too, I missed a whole thing of dialogue, I had no idea why Oliver and Helena were going to dinner together lol.

just finished watching the episode on dvr...it would appear oliver is going to show Helena the arrow,

the arrow is his penis.

Barrowman is 45 but the guy playing his son looks about 30 lol.

I agree with what others have said about a Lionel/Lex and Norman Osbourne/Harry type vibe

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"