The Force Awakens Episode VII Music Composer?

Even though I love Zimmer, I say no.

Fixed the embed. You have to remove the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" from the link.

EDIT: His name's Joel McNeely and he hasn't doen anything big in a while, so I'm sure he'd be easy to lock down. His music is great, and he's really affordable. He's definitely got my #1 pick after Williams.

Thanks dude! He's my #1 one pick after john too, that skyhook song is just so impressive it sounds so dark and dangerous while filled with excitement and adventure. Definite no Hans Zimmer on a side note, his music is ill fit for a Star Wars film.

Joel McNeely's work on 'Shadows of the Empire' for the Nintendo 64 was amazing.

I liked the music he did when you had to race with your speeder, and when this level (I forgot where it was) where you had to fight a giant robot as a boss. Very Williams like.

I liked the music he did when you had to race with your speeder, and when this level (I forgot where it was) where you had to fight a giant robot as a boss. Very Williams like.

I liked the music from the xizors palace a lot too! So classic. Jw did you like the cutscenes better from N64 or PC, personally I thought the N64 ones we absolutely classic.

I never played the PC version, I remember the N64 version had pixeled paintings, with captions. Awesome stuff.

me neither but i stumbled upon them on youtube. The pixilations and the text was just so epic and grand, it all felt so real and serious with that ominous music in the background.

I remember Shadows of the Empire it was a great game, that was plagued with technical issues mainly the camera and controls. The music was great though. Man I miss the days when Lucas Arts just rocked. From the SNES trilogy of games, to TIE Fighter, X-Wing Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Dark Forces, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, later with Bioware Knights of the Old Republic. Star Wars games use to rock the house, now many of them are just meh. I hope they turn Lucas Arts around and get them back to their glory years. Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, The Dig ect.

But the music of Shadows was amazing, as was Soule's work for Knights of the Old Republic.

What I liked about Shadows of the Empire was the Wilheim Screams from the Stormtroopers. Because the AI was super dumb, i would lure them to a ledge or bridge, and start shooting till they fall with a 'Aww-ahhhhh-aa'

me neither but i stumbled upon them on youtube. The pixilations and the text was just so epic and grand, it all felt so real and serious with that ominous music in the background.

Yeah, the music during the cinematic storyboards were awesome. Like what you said, ominous.

I remember getting that for Christmas a few weeks after it came out for the 64, lol ya the AI was terrible. But I still had fun, it had a great environment and feel to it.

I remember getting that for Christmas a few weeks after it came out for the 64, lol ya the AI was terrible. But I still had fun, it had a great environment and feel to it.

Maybe my skills as a kid wasn't that great but I couldn't get out of that last level in that space station in time, before the explosion.

McNeely's work for the game was amazing, but I'd also urge you to buy the entire soundtrack. "The Battle of Gall" and the reprise of the Imperial March and Force Theme in "Night Skies" are chilling. But I'm willing to bet it won't be him. Ditto for Soule. Another great one.

F**k no to Silvestri ('cause he's been steadily sucking since the 90s, imo) or to Zimmer (he's wrong for SW, methinks).

Just get Robert Rodriguez to compose.:oldrazz:

McNeely's work for the game was amazing, but I'd also urge you to buy the entire soundtrack. "The Battle of Gall" and the reprise of the Imperial March and Force Theme in "Night Skies" are chilling. But I'm willing to bet it won't be him. Ditto for Soule. Another great one.

F**k no to Silvestri ('cause he's been steadily sucking since the 90s, imo) or to Zimmer (he's wrong for SW, methinks).

Just get Robert Rodriguez to compose.:oldrazz:

The whole shadows of the Empire Era is so cool I wish I wasn't like 3 or 4 at the time it began. I love how the Novel gives the heroes perspective, the comics give Boba Fetts adventures, and the video game gives Dash's journey. It made the universe feel so big and mysterious and dangerous. This is why I've always hoped for a shadows film, even if it's animated.

Who did the Prometheus score? Dunno if it would fit Star Wars, but I thought the main them was pretty damn good and made me think about discovery, belief and finding out new things.

Something like that would fit a movie like A New Hope more actually, lol.

My first choice would be and always be John Williams. I do know he is getting old. So, if it can't be him, I agree Michael Giacchino would be perfect to pick up the reigns.

Well, if John Williams doesn't want to return to the series, that'd be alright with me. Personally, I'd like to hear David Arnold, Danny Elfman, Alan Silvestri, James Horner or James Newton Howard do their take on the Star Wars themes. Another honorable mention would be the late Jerry Goldsmith, who could've been more than happy to adapt Williams' work to the new generations.

Why not just borrow from the scores of the six other films? Better to me than not having Williams' score throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"