The Force Awakens Episode VII Music Composer?

Giacchino's totally in now. Which means so are Williams' classic themes (probably not just the main one, either). YES.

Believe me, I love Michael Giacchino's stuff, but I do hope that John Williams will still be involved.

Maybe John can share credits with Michael, but let's face it, and as healthy as he is, John is 80. By the time he does the score for Star Wars, he might be 82 or 83.

I understand that, I just think if he's willing and able, he should be obviously given first crack. I could see him working with Giacchino on this first one, maybe setting up some of the main themes for the trilogy and have Giacchino continue on the other two, if Williams feels like he is done.

I'm all for if Williams wants to give it a crack, but I would bet he would not do Episode VIII or IX, that is just more of a reality. So to me if Michael and him worked together for Episode VII I think that would be great. Who would not want to work with the great John Williams?

But ya as I said in another thread and agree, Michael is pretty much confirmed lol.

John Williams said that scoring the prequels was exhausting, and he had a harder time keeping up with it than he did when he was younger. I wouldn't be surprised if he just said no to a new trilogy.

John Williams said that scoring the prequels was exhausting, and he had a harder time keeping up with it than he did when he was younger. I wouldn't be surprised if he just said no to a new trilogy.

It's sad to say but I agree. I remember reading that, Star Wars scores would be exhausting, they are so....(I know it's a cliche word) epic. I could see him being a mentor so to speak with it, but I have a feeling Michael will be doing most of it, which I'm not upset with at all. It's all I've ever wanted to take over. He is John's professional son.

I'm happy with the idea of Giacchino. And if Williams is involved in some capacity i'll be thrilled beyond belief. I just hope the new movies bring a score worthy of standing next to the first 6 films.

Edit: and this is my 5700 post! :D

Whoever does it, IMO, HAS to keep it in line with what Williams did. That style is so unique to Star Wars and I can't imagine anything else that is drastically different to what Williams produced (not just talking main theme either).

As long as the OST has that Star Wars sound, I'll be very happy :D

To be fair, he wrote way too much music (TPM has IIRC, around 4 hours of music, including alternate mixes & takes) and was pretty much screwed as most of ROTS and AOTC was tracked underscore from TPM (Williams even went on record as saying he was "artistically betrayed" by ben burtt. But I am not fond of Gia's works (not bad, but not someone who's music I love.) So we'll see.

I mean, honestly...if Williams is in fact done with SW, and Abrams doesn't hire Giacchino...it would pretty much be a slap in the face to Giacchino. I think it has to pretty much be in the bag.

Well, I doubt JW will want to write another SW score and have a strong feeling he will refuse as well. That's how these things happen anyways. Gia respects Williams, and so I know he will deny it until John says no, and for all I know, he could finally wow me. I'd like Joel Mcneely, his SOTE score was great!

No Giacchino, please. I could go for McNeely if no Williams, but I want Williams.

What is wrong with Giacchino? His style is very close to Williams. the score for John Carter especially was very SWesque.

Not only is he similar to Williams in some ways, he is still able to create his own unique sound.

Abrams on board!? This means Giacchino will probably do the music too! The music he did for Star Tours was pretty great (except for the tribal music and the rock number he threw in there), and He's a HUGE fan of Star Wars and John Williams too!

My thoughts exactly. The JJ news is double the fun cos that automatically means Giacchino! And that automatically means reverence to the old themes (in terms that they'll be used and they'll sound great) AND new kickass themes which won't sound alien (pun intended) to the tone and style of SW. I'm happier than Tommy Lee Jones in the beginning of Batman Forever!

Not only is he similar to Williams in some ways, he is still able to create his own unique sound.

This. I love Giacchino with my very soul. LOST material still moves me.

Considering Gioccino actually wrote the music for the new version of the Star Tours ride, as well as being pretty much awesome all around I seriously don't see how'd there be any problem with him taking over in the music department.

He could incorporate and build off of Williams music just as he did with Trek. Its pretty much ideal.

Giacchino's totally in now. Which means so are Williams' classic themes (probably not just the main one, either). YES.
Yeah, Giacchino is a safe bet.
This. I love Giacchino with my very soul. LOST material still moves me.
Excellent music there. He really managed to capture the essence of the characters. Dharmacide is totally Ben Linus - dark but with sadness, Jacob's Theme is fantastic - you feel as if this is a man who is 2000 year old and has been waiting around patiently with wisdom but is also cursed, etc. Life and Death is very moving and atmospheric. He'd do a fine job with Star Wars.

Well, I doubt JW will want to write another SW score and have a strong feeling he will refuse as well. That's how these things happen anyways.

I read somewhere that Williams would be interested when news broke there would be more Star Wars films.

But, believe me, I love Lost so I would definitely be on board with Giacchino if Williams says no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"