Erica Bana's status...

L0ngsh0t

Superhero
Reaction score
Hey i was just wondering if you guys know if Eric Bana is coming back for the sequel..if he is do you think that is a good thing...if he isn't who do you think should replace him...

Eric Bana has no commitments after he's done with 'Romulus My Father', he also said that he'd be keen to reprise the role of Banner if it was done within a certain time frame.

As for a possible replacement for Eric Bana, I'd go with Dougray Scot.

Avi Arad knows that Eric Bana is a superb actor and Eric Bana admires the franchise

The first movie sucked majorly to all Hulk fans. The only thing that I remotely liked about it is that Eric Bana was in it. So by all means give the role of Bruce Banner to him again. I might even consider going to see it.

The movie never sucked to all Hulk fans you ****ing idiot, there are plenty of Hulk fans on here who loved the movie, me included.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
The movie never sucked to all Hulk fans you ****ing idiot, there are plenty of Hulk fans on here who loved the movie, me included.

I'm with you there buddy - sure it had its flaws but it definately didnt suck. It was just different from some peoples pre-conceived idea of how it should/was going to be.

The CGI was 1st rate and as a Hulk fan (regardless of if you like the movie or not) surely must have geeked out at seeing the Hulk trashing the Army in the desert. Thats what we've been waiting years to see).

But I digress, yeah - I 'd like to see Bana reprise the role.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Yeah! What HE said.....but without the "freakin' idiot" part. It still just trips me out that the more people say they enjoyed the movie, the MORE others try to interject with a negative comment about "how the movie wasn't good..", and all that crap. Amazing. Three years later, and still with the hate.

Honestly, I do hope they get Bana, and Connely, and Ang Lee back. They've all proved themselves to be amazing talents since Hulk.

Eric Bana is one of the best modern actors out there. I really hope he comes back.

I just e-mailed Clint regarding Bana (whom he knows) and got this response:

Q.Hey Clint, Can you dig up the following: I'd like to know if Eric Bana is still under contract to make “Hulk 2” now that the rights have reverted to Marvel. Whether he is or not has Marvel contacted him regarding “Hulk 2” yet? Have you heard any rumors about the director? Also Avi Arad said he was hoping “Captain America” would be the first film from Marvel's internal slate but the director he wanted wasn't available till 2009...so clearly they're waiting for him. I have a feeling it's Steven Spielberg who actually loves Cap and worked on the old cartoons briefly. PS If you know something but can't say anything blink twice. :) - Advanced Dark
A. I’ve heard the Spielberg/”Captain America” rumours too, but it’s too early to say. As for “Hulk 2”, I have an interview coming up with Eric Bana, in which he states that he still hasn’t heard a peep out of Marvel regarding the sequel. They say it’s full-speed ahead, but they’ve yet to contact the star yet…saying he’s required back. Rather silly. Read into that what you will.

Advanced Dark said:
I just e-mailed Clint regarding Bana (whom he knows) and got this response:

Well that doesnt sound promising at all.

Advanced Dark said:
^ I have no worries about Marvel handling this project at all.

Well, i do, they need to get on phone to Bana now and tell him its happening or he will sign up for other movies, if they cant get Bana they may as well wait 5 more years and do a re-start.

Kevin Bacon's penis could be the Hulk.

It turned invisible in hollow man.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well, i do, they need to get on phone to Bana now and tell him its happening or he will sign up for other movies, if they cant get Bana they may as well wait 5 more years and do a re-start.

There's no need for a damn re-start. The first movie was a solid origin film. Different but good. Now the fun can begin. Who doesn't know The Hulk's origin anyways?

Advanced Dark said:
There's no need for a damn re-start. The first movie was a solid origin film. Different but good. Now the fun can begin. Who doesn't know The Hulk's origin anyways?

Well thats what i am trying to say, the last thing i want is to wait another 5 years for another Hulk movie, but if marvel dont get their asses in gear and get in touch with Bana soon, he will be well within his rights to sign up for other movies coming out in 2008. If i was marvel, i would have phoned him as soon as Penn was announced to wright the script. But it seems they are dawdeling.

Advanced Dark said:

Ang Lee for one. Anyone who points to the movie or TV show as the source for the Hulk's origin for two +.

They did know the origins Dragon, they just chose to update it. Who would do gamma bomb testing in a desert these days, no one.

Dragon said:
Ang Lee for one. Anyone who points to the movie or TV show as the source for the Hulk's origin for two +.

Even Stan Lee said the original Hulk's origin was fabricated in a matter of minutes and he agreed it wouldn't make sense in today's world with what we know now compared to back then. I think the origin was improved but the dad's changing into Absorbing was just dumb.

Advanced Dark said:
Even Stan Lee said the original Hulk's origin was fabricated in a matter of minutes and he agreed it wouldn't make sense in today's world with what we know now compared to back then. I think the origin was improved but the dad's changing into Absorbing was just dumb.

Why wouldn't it make sense, and Ang's origin make more sense? Regardless, it's fantasy and completely unrealistic. But the cataclysm of the bomb as birthing the Hulk is more fitting visually as well as symbolically. AND- makes for an anti-war statement. Ang's origin is just dull (Which is why he tried to enhance it by still inserting the visual of a nuclear blast).

As for Stan's statements- he was simply giving the company explanation. Just as he signed off on Gwen Stacy dying in the comics after the fact, but recently said he didn't want her to die. Just like he said he could have made mechanical webshooters work in the Spidey movies after the film's release.

Who tests nuclear type weapons in desert today Dragon, no one, there is no way the origin could remain the same.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Who tests nuclear type weapons in desert today Dragon, no one, there is no way the origin could remain the same.

Just before the Iraq war they tested a new sonic bomb. So new weapons are always being tested. AND- Since the point of the Gamma Bomb is that it's an ANTI-NUKE, in that it doesn't cause radioactive residue- there would be every point in testing it. AND IT'S A GODDAMNED MOVIE. You show a gripping story. If we can deal with a fictional creature such as the Hulk, we can deal with fictional circumstances such as a bomb test :rolleyes:

Dragon said:
So new weapons are always being tested. AND- Since the point of the Gamma Bomb is that it's an ANTI-NUKE, in that it doesn't cause radioactive residue- there would be every point in testing it.
Actually you can have it both ways. Around the release of Hulk to theatres there was a news piece that the US was developing new gamma bombs. I even linked it a couple times in various threads.
However there is no above ground testing these days. I once said before they could just have the underground bomb fail to fire, days later Bruce is trying to dismantle the bomb when it explodes(perhaps detonated on purpose). I wouldn't want Rick Jones around, and he's linked to the Capt. America character now anyway. Can contrive some reason for Bruce to be saving someone at the time. Gamma Bomb blast + Hulk. :up: :marv:
Right? :hulk: But I guess that would only really work with a new film restarting the franchise.
Another thought with the sequel is have a more potent gamma warhead missile sent to destroy the Hulk(huge blast, then have Hulk walk out from behind the dust cloud and see him regenerate the massive damage to his body as if it were nothing). And it stops him Hulking out to huge heights and keeps his colouring consistent(due to the great levels of gamma radiation he absorbed). Fix those things fans didn't like. Instead of having wierd changes between films, have a reason for it. Nothing challenges the suspension of disbelief more than inconsistency between sequels(atleast for me anyway). :down :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"