Erica Bana's status...

Bana was Great , he is Bruce Banner and he should be IN !
I liked him in Ang Lees version and he is not unknown, he fits very well.

Is he IN ? hope so...

Steelsheen said:
i want Bana back.

heck i want the entire original cast back.

So true, plus the original Hulk looked like Eric Bana as the Hulk.

when is Bana's new film out?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I saw plenty of emotions from Bana, his anger moments were great, and the moment were he re-visits his house he shows plenty of emotion, not to mention the scene's with his father.

The "Daddy-killed-Mommy-and-I-repressed-the-memory" bullcrap was my main problem with Ang Lee's mangling of the Hulk. None of that was necessary. If you just have to go mucking up the Hulk's origins, then the 70's tv show's origin followed a better premise, in my opinion: After being unable to free his wife from a terrible car accident, Banner discovers that some people (even frail old ladies) have been documented lifting vehicles right off the ground in times of similar stress. Banner becomes understandably obsessed with finding out why. He discovers that gamma radiation was way up during those apparently miraculous feats and way down at the time of his and his wife's accident. This discovery leads to Banner bathing himself in gamma radiation, and one stubborn flat tire later, the Hulk was born. No disturbing traumatized child bullcrap.
Everything was scaled down in the tv show (especially the Hulk's size relative to the comics) but emotionally it clicked with people. The psychodrama that Ang Lee trotted out was not any Hulk that I know, and the deranged Daddy stuff insured that no kid of mine will watch the film til they're at least 9 or 10 years old. Very grim, very negative stuff. It didn't have to be that way, and there's no way Lee & Kirby would have signed off on the mangling had it been submitted for their approval.

But yes, Bana was top notch in the part and I hope he's back.
Even if they were totally re-doing the origin story, I'd still be for keeping him.
And since all the sicko killer Daddy stuff was dispensed with in the first film, maybe they can simply move forward with a more recognizable Hulk story.
That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

Malus said:
The "Daddy-killed-Mommy-and-I-repressed-the-memory" bullcrap was my main problem with Ang Lee's mangling of the Hulk. None of that was necessary. If you just have to go mucking up the Hulk's origins, then the 70's tv show's origin followed a better premise, in my opinion: After being unable to free his wife from a terrible car accident, Banner discovers that some people (even frail old ladies) have been documented lifting vehicles right off the ground in times of similar stress. Banner becomes understandably obsessed with finding out why. He discovers that gamma radiation was way up during those apparently miraculous feats and way down at the time of his and his wife's accident. This discovery leads to Banner bathing himself in gamma radiation, and one stubborn flat tire later, the Hulk was born. No disturbing traumatized child bullcrap.
Everything was scaled down in the tv show (especially the Hulk's size relative to the comics) but emotionally it clicked with people. The psychodrama that Ang Lee trotted out was not any Hulk that I know, and the deranged Daddy stuff insured that no kid of mine will watch the film til they're at least 9 or 10 years old. Very grim, very negative stuff. It didn't have to be that way, and there's no way Lee & Kirby would have signed off on the mangling had it been submitted for their approval.

Even if they were totally re-doing the origin story, I'd still be for keeping him.
And since all the sicko killer Daddy stuff was dispensed with in the first film, maybe they can simply move forward with a more recognizable Hulk story.
The origin to the HULK in the TV show was a slap in the face to the comic and its fans. I loved the HULK movie, would have hated it if it followed the TV show.

It's gonna follow the tv show as far as Banner being a man on the run trying to control the monster. I like that. It's not going to look like the TV show though. We're gonna see the Abomination.

Malus said:

Go complain to Marvel, they are the ones that set up the Father killed mother situation. Looong before Ang was ever involved with Hulk. They also setup the height changes by letting artists draw Hulk progressively larger and larger.
p.s. Stan Lee seemed more than happy with Ang's changes to the origin. If you visited the official movie website and watched the video interview you'd know this. :up:

no offence to hulk lovers out there but i love the first movie and the approach to the movie of more as a drama then a mindless action film. i also loved the cast. from what i hear hulk 2 is just going to be an action film wich i know is what a lot of u want. but if it is just mindless action and eric bana, jeniffer conelly arnt in it (which they likely wont be if they dont like the script) then i probably wont see the movie. lmfao alright i probably will but ill be dissapointed.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I loved the first one. But, enough of the character development, I'm ready for some HULK SMASH!

Hulk Vs. Abomination = King Kong Vs. T-Rex

Bana should return! he's good at playing banner,though i didn't felt he was puny in the film!

Secret_Riddle said:
no offence to hulk lovers out there but i love the first movie and the approach to the movie of more as a drama then a mindless action film. i also loved the cast. from what i hear hulk 2 is just going to be an action film wich i know is what a lot of u want. but if it is just mindless action and eric bana, jeniffer conelly arnt in it (which they likely wont be if they dont like the script) then i probably wont see the movie. lmfao alright i probably will but ill be dissapointed.

Totally agree with you, if Bana doesnt return i think that will indicate that this will be a poor movie, in the veign of Fantastic Four or X-Men 3, 100 minutes long and more action than character moments.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Totally agree with you, if Bana doesnt return i think that will indicate that this will be a poor movie, in the veign of Fantastic Four or X-Men 3, 100 minutes long and more action than character moments.

yah bana has showen interest but im sure if he turns it down after reading a script then the movie basically will be poor for fans of the first one wich i am :(. and yes im sure itll be awesom to fans of the HULK SMASH.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Agreed. The cast said around the time of Hulk's release they were motivated more to work with Ang than to work on a Hulk movie. If things turn out mediocre, I can see Bana bailing out.:)

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. The director is a pretty good one, as I enjoyed both Transporter and Unleashed. He's much better than Tim Story and Brett Ratner...so that whole FF/X3 comparison is pretty far-fetched.

And ya know, I don't quite understand all the Bana adoration...he was decent, a little too big to be "puny Banner," but you all seriously think he's simply the ONLY one who could play this role well? I mean, really??

Lobster Charlie said:
And ya know, I don't quite understand all the Bana adoration...he was decent, a little too big to be "puny Banner," but you all seriously think he's simply the ONLY one who could play this role well? I mean, really??

Yeah, seriously. :whatever:

I thought Bana was great in the first movie, and he has gone on leaps and bounds since then, he was the only one with charisma in Troy, and though i havent seen it, he has been getting a lot of praise for his performance in Munich. I also want him back for continuity's sake, i hate re-casts, they take you out of the movie experience IMO.

the big 3 should all be back. they were the only good thing bout the original flm.

Excel said:
the big 3 should all be back. they were the only good thing bout the original flm.

Eric Bana
Jennifer Connoly
and
????

bana and elliot are the ones i want back.

bana I think i could live without, as long as we get a decent replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"