Smallville Erica Durance - Lois Lane : The Iconic Reporter

True, although I think part of Clark's "downfall" at the end of season 8 was also due to the fact that Jimmy died and his battle with "Doomsday".

But yeah, his decision to return to "reality" in season 9 because of her was a great way to show how important she was to him. And I love that they had Chloe call him out on it right away.

Awesome piece of work! Totally think Durance could've pulled it off.

What? That's just flat out untrue because Lois was very heavily involved, especially as we get into the later seasons like eight, nine and ten.

Lois was far, far more than an after-thought here.

Lois was an after thought for all of season 45678, when Lana came back in S8 Clark didn't even remember Lois existed. Season 9 was the best season for Lois but then season 10 was another step backwards. So essentially 90% of Lois time on the show she was a throwaway character used for jokes and was not as important as everyone else.

Not really. With the way Lana left, it was always understood they still had some unresolved issues that would pop up eventually. I immediately understood that from their dealings throughout season seven and how it all broke down.

It didn't cheapen things so much as it served to say Clark was finally all the way over Lana and that Lois was now his primary focus. His true soulmate.

The ending of CLana didn't show any of that. Clark was forced to separate from her for his own safety. He never made his own decision that he didn't want to be with Lana or didn't love her anymore. With the way Smallville ended it, if Lana came back kryptonite free he would run back to her.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan on how they concluded the Lana storyline in S8 either, let alone on how they handled Lois and her relationship with Clark when Lana returned.

That said, I think what saved Lois from being viewed as Clark's proverbial second choice on the show was his reactions upon losing both of them. When Lana permanently left, while Clark was sad about it he still continued on with his life and didn't really bother on trying to find a way to reverse it.

However, when he thought Lois had died at the end of Season 8, it was revealed in Season 9 that Clark lost his humanity (in a way) as a result... hence how that dystopia future with Zod first came about.

Not to mention, that Clark was shown making every effort to keep his relationship with Lois in tact ever since they became a legitimate couple on the show.

That is a good point though I would have liked to see them expand why "Clark died when Lois left"

clois_soul_mates_by_malejav180-d3cma2e.jpg

True words

Smallville Lois And Clark/Superman Poster.

Truly epic as Lois, she's like the comic version come to life, she surpassed Teri Hatcher for me. Erica and Tom had great chemistry too, much more than he ever had with Kristen.

Check out the first reunion picture of Lois & Clark back on the Kent Farm 10 years later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"