Escape Room | Sony Pictures

Looks like a mix of various past films.

Looks like a mix of various past films.

Someone said that this looks like a cross between Cube & Saw.

I liked the trailer. It looks like a high concept horror movie with decent production values. But the release dates tells me that Sony has zero faith in this.

As soon as the Sony logo popped up and the trailer kicked off in the theater I was thinking to myself "I bet this is Escape Room the movie, Sony would make that." Then it becomes apparent it's totally about escape rooms, and is literally called Escape Room. Thanks, Sony!

Someone said that this looks like a cross between Cube & Saw.

I liked the trailer. It looks like a high concept horror movie with decent production values. But the release dates tells me that Sony has zero faith in this.
Yeah, like those plus Cabin in the Woods.

Looks like a convoluted remake of Cube. Meh.

The kids dont know what Cube is, only whatt escape rooms are . You can repackage anything if it's been more than a decade.

Great trailer, looks good quality production wise, but a cognitive nightmare... my brain just hurt as these geniuses tried to find a clue.

Looks pretty interesting honestly. I saw someone else say it looks like a cross between Saw and Cube and I like that, especially since I enjoy those movies.

They are all dead already and this is their subconscious 'expression' of self guilt over something and are being punished for it. Calling it now.

I'm glad It's getting some good reviews. I'm a big fan of movies like Saw and Cube.

Ah... I just see that it's by Adam Robitel who did The Taking of Deborah Logan which was great.

Robitel directed last year's Insidious 4 too. He might get a bigger horror gig down the line. Perhaps a Conjuring Universe movie in the next few years.

I kinda want to see this because the concept is fun and I love Karen Page.

IllI probably hit it up

I have to echo the Cube and Cabin in the Woods comments and unfortunately this looks pretty bad (and the early reviews bear that out).

But I love Taylor Russell, she is easily the best thing about the new Lost in Space series, and I can't wait to see her in Trey Edward Shults' Waves this year along with Kelvin Harrison Jr, Lucas Hedges, and Sterling K. Brown.

Some reviews say it's been done but some of the traps are kinda fun in a B movie way. May check it out, but only because I use that AMC pass.

Ah... I just see that it's by Adam Robitel who did The Taking of Deborah Logan which was great.

Oh. So he has done quality movies before?

Might check it out then.

Insidious 4 was scaring me away. That may have come down more to the script and performances being poor then...

I saw it earlier today, it was a very solid Cube/Saw/Circle inspired film... until the very end. You can tell it was studio interference because they had an ending but they kept going and going to incredibly dumb routes.

It went from a 8.5/10 to a 7.5/10.

I doubt we'll care over here. Sad to say.

Just got back, it was basically a B-movie thriller with some decent fx work. Didn't know they shot some of it in Chicago, I usually make it a habit to try and check out movies being shot downtown when on my lunch.

Critics are labeling this movie, "Scary AF!". Now I have to see it!

I actually quite liked this movie and the comparisons to Saw and Cube are quite apt.
I'd give it a solid 8/10, it would have been a 9 I wasn't very satisfied with the very end of it, it just didn't feel quite "right", like it was changed from something else entirely.

I enjoyed it, I went in with a pretty ****ty attitude about seeing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"