Established Catwoman in this movie ?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Micromind, Sep 17, 2013.

1. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

The contrast between Madison and Lane would be interesting as well.

And it would be fitting to have both Clark and Bruce's initial love interests featured in the first Superman/Batman crossover film.

2. Eddie Nashton

Eddie Nashton Just some nut

3. Dk1201

Dk1201 Well-Known Member

agreed

4. DACrowe

DACrowe Well-Known Member

But it does fit his character to a tee. Mr. Absolutism and Deontology all wrapped up in a crazy pants Bat-cowl because mommy and daddy got shot throws it out when a femme fatale makes eyes at him.

Batman is just so rigid and moralistic in his ethics that for him to break it repeatedly for a thief he cannot stop obsessing over is beautiful irony and human hypocrisy.

It's why even psycho-Undead kitty lady in Batman Returns gelled so much better with Keaton's Bruce Wayne than normal Lois Lane-knock off Vicky Vale ever did (and like we even need to mention Chase Meridian or Julie Madison?).

Superman is a "normal" Midwestern guy, so he relatively finds a well-adjusted normal spouse. Batman is kind of nuts, so he finds an equally unable-to-commit fetishist who is everything he hates (crime, crazy...a woman).

With that said, BVS should really have no love interest for Batman. It seems studio mandated when the focus should be on Supes and Bats. I also want Lois Lane and her relationship with Clark developed more. There really is no need. Especially not Catwoman who, I contend, is the dysfunctional love of Bruce's very dysfunctional life. Besides being executed very well (IMO) in TDKR, she takes too much time to cover. Save that for a solo movie down the line.

5. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

It's one of Batman's interesting character dichotomies. He so obsessed with justice and his war on crime, and he is so self-controlled in almost every other facet of his life. However, he just can't help falling for women of "questionable" morality and character. Not just Catwoman, but Talia as well (the interesting Talia, not the crap that Morrison put out).

6. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

I am guessing you mean the talia who was torn between her love for father and
    bruce and not the outright villain Talia that has occured In recent years Including the version Nolan gave us In DKR.

7. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

I have long understood the "Appeal" of their relationship.

I still find it mind numbingly overrated and there are other Bat related relationships I find more interesting.

And as far as I'm concerned, the BR Bruce/Selina relationship worked mainly because of the actors playing them. From a story standpoint, Selina ended up being as wrong for Bruce as Vicki was. I'll just leave it at that because I really don't want to get into a long winded debate about it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  8. Loki882

Pretty much, I don't like outright villain Talia anymore than I like outright villain Magneto, which is to say not at all. Eva Green might make a good Catwoman.

9. NewYorkSpider

I think there's already too much to handle in this movie for Catwoman to make an appearance.

10. Loki882

Yes, I agree. Save her for the inevitable Batman solo film.

11. MrMaooz

MrMaooz Well-Known Member

There's no time for her. Leave her for a Batman solo.

12. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

I realy don't see ANY of the Batman characters making an appearance in this movie.If any do show at all, it will likely be one or two at the most and only very briefly. But I doubt any will appear at all.

13. GREEN =w= DAY

GREEN =w= DAY Well-Known Member

Charlize as Selina/Catwoman?

YES PLEASE!!!!

14. batlovescatDC

batlovescatDC Tragic Love

A casting call did go out for a love interest, but I seriously doubt we'll start seeing another Catwoman until the solo Batman spin-off series. They'll probably pick someone that doesn't need to be a fully fleshed out character.

You can't have a character like Selina Kyle/Catwoman without devoting some screen time to her.

15. Cybermaxis

Cybermaxis Well-Known Member

No Catwoman yet but perhaps a blurb about high-priced item thefts.

16. CharlieS

CharlieS Well-Known Member

Catwoman was in the TV series, she was in Batman Returns, people like Catwoman, she can be in the sequel.

17. ThePowerCosmic

Wow, no Alfred?

18. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Alfred needs to be in this. For exposition for Bruce to listen to if anything :o

19. CharlieS

CharlieS Well-Known Member

I would like to see Alfred, Catwoman, Lucius Fox or Earl Cooper.

20. ThePowerCosmic

Definitely agree. If Alfred gives exposition, it won't come off as forced.

21. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Bruce probably does need scenes where he needs to privately reflect and discuss events. Alfred is needed imo.

Clark obviously has Lois for that.

22. DrMylesOBoogie

DrMylesOBoogie Well-Known Member

Well if the plan was to originally get Bale back, Catwoman might have been in Goyer head for this film. It's a slim possibility. Be nice to have her as a supporting character.

23. John Lambert

John Lambert Well-Known Member

Actually Bruce with Diana is more common. I am among those who refuse to acknowledge any Clark/Diana pairings ever.

Side question, has Bruce ever actually been married to anyone in the comics?

24. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I think on Earth 2 he was married to Selina and had a daughter with her there.

25. John Lambert

John Lambert Well-Known Member

Well, I have to say I like a Bruce/Julie/Lex triangle in many respects. However it would make it even less a Clark and Lois film. As long as we still get Clark and Lois scenes, I could live with that other triangle though.