BvS Established Catwoman in this movie ?

I think Poison Ivy would be more interesting then Catwoman at this point even though Talia was poorly done in TDKR I still maintain she was better then Ivy

I'll take anything over seeing another Bat/Cat onscreen romance. We've seen it three times on the big screen. Despite what some may like to imply, there are other women Bruce Wayne can have an interesting relationship with.

Agreed though I would like something either

A) done in a different way which Poison Ivy being done as less a villain but more as an anti heroine

B)Never done before Madison I would argue fits this as well as Wonder Woman and Lady Shiva

I'll take anything over seeing another Bat/Cat onscreen romance. We've seen it three times on the big screen. Despite what some may like to imply, there are other women Bruce Wayne can have an interesting relationship with.

I didn't think they expanded on their relationship enough in TDKR, i thought it was done a lot better in Batman Returns. But yeah, for this movie at least, I don't really want to see Selina that badly.

I'd rather have a proper Talia that doesn't die.

I can see Poison Ivy being involved but not as Bruce's love interest, I want to see her control Superman like in Hush

I didn't think they expanded on their relationship enough in TDKR, i thought it was done a lot better in Batman Returns. But yeah, for this movie at least, I don't really want to see Selina that badly.

I'd rather have a proper Talia that doesn't die.

I can see Poison Ivy being involved but not as Bruce's love interest, I want to see her control Superman like in Hush
See this is why they have flirted with the idea recently of making her less evil more 3 dimensional and a love interest I say let Snyder Goyer and company cross the line.

Poison Ivy is pretty outlandish of a character, but I guess Superman is too..I don't particularly want to see her in this movie. I'd prefer another Batman villain

True. But the ones he falls for, Tracy and especially Vesper, tend to be "broken" (at least for him) and have a dark edge to them. A straight up femme fatale in Vesper's case.

I do not think I am overstating it. Bruce Wayne will never settle down in his comic book form. His dysfunctional nature will always ensure that. That does not change that the only woman he has interesting chemistry with is Selina Kyle. The rest are just generic archetypes he kills time with.

Entirely subjective.

^ Most Bat/Cat shippers are when it comes to Bruce's relationships, lol

Well,for my two cents,I always thought it was common knowledge that Catwoman was Bats "True Love".

I mean,if you asked a hundred people,75% would probably say Catwoman,with the next closest being Vicki Vale (purely due to Batman 89 alone.)

Because 75% don't know any other love interests than Catwoman and Vicki Vale due to only exposing themselves to Batman on film. She wins by default.

Just because a belief is common does not make it common knowledge. In order for something to be common knowledge, it has to both be common and be true/actual knowledge.

...and I think Barbara Gordon is going to be in this film and play a big role.

[YT]PhXOLznUfsI[/YT]

Who gets two pics? Babs!

^ Poor Andrea got no pics :csad:. Which is weird since in the Bruce Timm universe, Andrea was arguably Bruce's Lois Lane/true love.

Because 75% don't know any other love interests than Catwoman and Vicki Vale due to only exposing themselves to Batman on film. She wins by default.

Just because a belief is common does not make it common knowledge. In order for something to be common knowledge, it has to both be common and be true/actual knowledge.

Yeah. I'm not sure that 75% of non comic fans at least ,even think or know if Batman has a true love. I do believe though if you gave people choices of names they would go to Catwoman because she's a pop culture icon. I doubt they'd know any of the other names on the list , even with the Nolan, Burton, and Schumacer films.

Yup, you pretty much are.

Heh. I'm sure I'm not convincing you. But Vicky Vale to me is a Lois Lane knock off. Silver St. Cloud was better, but still dull around Bruce Wayne. Jezebel Jet, as another poster said, would have been better as a Bond girl. ;)

Not to go in a circle, but it is as you say. He really is not the "settling down" kind. He is not necessarily a romantic character in the way Peter Parker or Clark Kent can be. He is so driven into his work and so obsessive, that he can only be pulled out of that when it overlaps in his work. And the two best examples of that are Selina Kyle and Talia. Other than in TAS, I have preferred Selina because Talia is written as far too weak and dependent on her father with a "damsel" vibe for my liking.

Bruce does best in terms of romance when he has a taste of "Kiss Me Deadly" (great title, terrible book). Selina, Talia, even Andrea Boumant are all different takes on this side of his personality. The "normal" ones never stick. It's the reason why fans always whine about Vicky Vale, Rachel Dawes or what have you. And when posters say they want Julie Madison so they can have some "arm candy" it shows why they are really there. And frankly, I find that boring.

Entirely subjective.

See above post to The Batman. ;)

^ Most Bat/Cat shippers are when it comes to Bruce's relationships, lol

Not really a shipper. Just objective. Bruce and typical love interests never end with anything but jeers and eye rolls. As a character he is more interesting with "damaged" or "dangerous" femmes. Of the two most famous (three if you count Andrea) Selina is the best. Only that last bit is subjective. :)

I don't play shipping games....unless we get into OMD. Then that fanboy side will come out in anger.

For all the many women in his life,Bruce only really has Catwoman and Talia as lovers that made a lasting impact on him.It's like Spidey has had about as many women in his life,but it really only comes back to two:Gwen & MJ.Same with Bruce and Selina & Talia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"