Eternals Eternals Spoilers Thread

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Come here to talk with freedom about Marvel's newest flick.

rox6Rjc.gif

I saw the film here in Italy at a special morning preview.

Very very beautiful movie.

It is not the usual Marvel movie. There's a very strong focus on the characters, and an exuding empathy that made me move, at moments.

There are a couple of narrative inconsistencies, which perhaps needed to be worked out better, but the central basis of the film is free will, love, having a purpose in life.

Two scenes after the titles, to scream. Especially the first scene.

Sersi is the best (I love her), Kingo, Sprite, Ikaris and Makkari too. The Jolie is hardly heard, but the character is what I think has the best phrase of the whole film, and when it is there you can not help but notice it. Besides one whole thing that I doesn't reveal, that builds the character.

Lots of funny scenes with Kingo and his butler.

But is really empathetic. At least this I felt in looking at it.

I saw the film here in Italy at a special morning preview.

Very very beautiful movie.

It is not the usual Marvel movie. There's a very strong focus on the characters, and an exuding empathy that made me move, at moments.

There are a couple of narrative inconsistencies, which perhaps needed to be worked out better, but the central basis of the film is free will, love, having a purpose in life.

Two scenes after the titles, to scream. Especially the first scene.

Sersi is the best (I love her), Kingo, Sprite, Ikaris and Makkari too. The Jolie is hardly heard, but the character is what I think has the best phrase of the whole film, and when it is there you can not help but notice it. Besides one whole thing that I doesn't reveal, that builds the character.

Lots of funny scenes with Kingo and his butler.

But is really empathetic. At least this I felt in looking at it.

Were they any mention of mutants in this?

So…apparently the Eternals are revealed to be robots in this film? Or am I just simplifying things?

Is Lemuria and or Atlantis mentioned in the movie?

Oh I didn't eXpect that.

So who was killed in the movie and how many celestials are we going to see?

And what about StarfoX?

Just got back from the early fan screening. Really good movie imo, ignore the mixed reviews.

Oh I didn't eXpect that.

And what about StarfoX?

Ajak
Gilgamesh
Ikaris (suicide)

Technically only one living celestial and the almost birth of one.

And star fox and pip are there and foretell of a looming danger.

Also I couldn't tell but I feel like we heard the voice of Mahershala Ali's Blade in the 2nd post credits. Or maybe it was Johnathan Majors, but I feel like it was the former.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd say see this one for yourself and form your own opinion. I enjoyed it. Didnt feel like an MCU film at all. I think the script needed work. There's a lot of exposition and jumping back and fourth. I think that weighs the movie down because I don't think thr editor did a good job editing the film.

Action was well done especially in the 3rd act. Makkari stole the action in the final act. Overall I need a second viewing. All the humour worked for me especially with Kingo. Movie introduces all these big themes and ideas but the script does not really follow through with them.

Oh BTW, best shot film in the MCU.

Yeah I'd say see this one for yourself and form your own opinion. I enjoyed it. Didnt feel like an MCU film at all. I think the script needed work. There's a lot of exposition and jumping back and fourth. I think that weighs the movie down because I don't think thr editor did a good job editing the film.

Action was well done especially in the 3rd act. Makkari stole the action in the final act. Overall I need a second viewing. All the humour worked for me especially with Kingo. Movie introduces all these big themes and ideas but the script does not really follow through with them.

Oh BTW, best shot film in the MCU.
Isn't that how every movie should be? Why do people only say this for movies they expect to review well that don't?

Isn't that how every movie should be? Why do people only say this for movies they expect to review well that don't?

Ill be honest, I tend to watch or read reviews before I go see a movie. I went in with low low expectations. Trailers didn't wow me and the reviews didn't help either.

Movie is definitely bottom tier MCU though.

Ill be honest, I tend to watch or read reviews before I go see a movie. I went in with low low expectations. Trailers didn't wow me and the reviews didn't help either.

I get that. But I don't get why people only seem to tell others to see a movie themselves and decide, if a movie reviews poorly, when the general consensus was it wouldn't.

I get that. But I don't get why people only seem to tell others to see a movie themselves and decide, if a movie reviews poorly, when the general consensus was it wouldn't.

Fair enough. Personally I had no idea how the movie was gonna be reviewed.

I'm not agreed. This is a great movie, with a character focus never seen in a Marvel movie. There is a desire to characterize them, to examine them, to make them understood by the public.

There is depth and love. Empathy between the characters, and a story through the ages that determines their choices in the end. It is far superior to anything seen so far. And the comparison with Snyder, made by some critics, is absurd. This film is on another level. Positive.

Ajak
Gilgamesh
Ikaris (suicide)

Technically only one living celestial and the almost birth of one.

And star fox and pip are there and foretell of a looming danger.

Also I couldn't tell but I feel like we heard the voice of Mahershala Ali's Blade in the 2nd post credits. Or maybe it was Johnathan Majors, but I feel like it was the former.
That is crazy. I only knew about Ajak.

So…apparently the Eternals are revealed to be robots in this film? Or am I just simplifying things?
Kind of, yes. Though I would say given how advanced they are they're kind of like the bridge between super advanced androids and simply living beings don't age or evolve created by intelligent design similar to how many cultures have believed humans were built by their gods. They're closer to being organic than even someone like Vision. I guess it depends on your definitions of what a 'robot' and 'organism' are whether they're either one or even both somehow.

Is Lemuria and or Atlantis mentioned in the movie?
No

Oh I didn't eXpect that.

And what about StarfoX?
Gamma Goliath already answered this but just thought I'd clarify that we see two celestials as part of the story and 2 or 3 more are shown during a scene explaining what the Celestials do, but they're more like a vision of them than an actual appearance by them in the story.

I'm unsure. I wish I could go back and listen to it again to analyze it. If anyone has other ideas who the voice could be please let me know.

I read that there’s a lot of DC references in the movie? I guess Ikaris is compared to Superman?

Is Thanos one of the Eternals? Is he discussed much?

Is Thanos one of the Eternals? Is he discussed much?
In the post-credits scene Eros is an Eternal and he's referred to as 'brother of Thanos'. Other than that Thanos is only mentioned a few times in reference to the events of Infinity War (like "why didn't the Eternals help fight Thanos?")

I wonder what this says about Thanos' motivation and what happened on Titan, given what we now know about planets with Eternals on them. If Thanos' motivation comes from Titan's overpopulation and Thanos was an Eternal, then surely Titan must've been extremely close to having its own emergence. Maybe Thanos was aware of what the Celestials were doing and wanted to sacrifice half the population to save the other half from dying not necessarily from just scarcity of resources but from an emergence? Was Titan destroyed by the birth of a Celestial?

Also, if Thanos and Eros are indeed brothers, that implies that A'Lars is a Celestial instead of another Eternal, I guess? Since Red Skull specifically named birth parents and not adoptive ones (for Natasha it was Ivan and not Alexei), and Eternals aren't born but rather built fully formed by Celestials. Unless of course Thanos wasn't actually biologically related to Eros and they're just adoptive brothers or it's a lie to make Eros sound more important.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"