Eternals Eternals Spoilers Thread

Well the eternals forming the uni-mind was able to stop a celestial.The current mcu avengers could do not do that.
Note- i am not including the doctor strange from what if etc..

Speaking of mcu eternals vs 616 comics eternals talk etc..
raidensix;5810006 said:
Anyone else find the powers of the Eternals un-impressive/limited? In the comics, they can all manipulate cosmic energy for different uses (except for Makhari who focused all his cosmic energy on speed) but in the film they had unique (and rather limited) abilities.

basbash99;5810044 said:
I thought it was fine, having each one have one power (well, Ikaris had 2 - flight and eyebeams) made them each feel a bit more unique. And even in the comics, they largely focused on certain skills - Sprite was still mainly known for casting illusions (in addition to his youthful appearance, of course).

titanfan;5810271 said:
I was expecting them all to have the eye beams. I assume they all had some level of super strength/invulnerability/toughness. Makkari has super speed but she was also able to channel it into feats of strength. Druig absorbed some major damage by Ikarus, Sersi shrugged off being stabbed by Sprite. (Although I guess in theory if she had cosmic energy she could have healed herself) It sucked for Gilgamesh who was super strong, but they were all super strong to some degree. Kingo also seemed to have relatively terrible powers compared to the other fighters.

In the comics, it never seemed to me that Sersi was a heavy hitter in comparison to the threats they were facing and other members of the team, but she could be one of the most powerful ones now. If only she was there to turn the Infinity Gauntlet into a rock or something when they needed her.

Eternals (SPOILERS) - Page 7

I wasnt a fan of it in the comics and I am not a fan of it here...
6183805c326b26001834bc3d

Giving Thanos a normal looking brother is just lame in my eyes and takes away from the character especially since he surrounded himself with other very alien like beings.

So from watching a few online reviews, apparently people think the Eternals are robots.

So from watching a few online reviews, apparently people think the Eternals are robots.

I can understand the confusion, the way it came across could make it seem like they are robots.

I can understand the confusion, the way it came across could make it seem like they are robots.

Is there honestly any other way to interpret the revelation of their origins given how it is presented?

Sersi is shown a vision of vast amounts of what look like preform "blank" bodies not too unlike seeing the Terminator without it's pseudo flesh or the mass produced synthetic creations in I, ROBOT.

MV5BMjM4Mjc2MzU3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjYwMDIwMjE@._V1_.jpg

I know, I know...

"The Celestials are so beyond our science that..."

I understand that intellectually but Zhao and Marvel made a choice that many, many MANY people are seeing as saying the Eternals are akin to robots and that's on them for... Making it look like the Eternals are robots.

Zhao is a visual film maker. There is no answer but obliviousness to how she and Feige could not understand what was shown lines up and evokes strongly imagery that intimates something closer to the cyborgs and robots of pop culture over whatever the intent was with the Eternals.

One of the Eternals, I think it was Kingo also said: so we‘re just some kind of robots

6183805c326b26001834bc3d

Giving Thanos a normal looking brother is just lame in my eyes and takes away from the character especially since he surrounded himself with other very alien like beings.
I don’t know anything about the comics at all but that whole scene with the 90s CGI, Oswald’s voice, and then Harry showing up was just cringe for me. I can say it’s the first time a post credit scene has made me not absolutely care about it.

I don’t know anything about the comics at all but that whole scene with the 90s CGI, Oswald’s voice, and then Harry showing up was just cringe for me. I can say it’s the first time a post credit scene has made me not absolutely care about it.

Agreed. The funny cgi sidekick has become a staple in Marvel/SWs nowadays and looks like they are going full throttle with it but this one did not land at all.

One thing that felt weird was the had the lead Deviant mention late in the movie his kind was being hunter and killed off, almost like the story wanted to give them a twist of being sympathetic villains. But then it was never mentioned again.

To me, that felt like part of a Deviant-focused subplot that ultimately didn't make it into the movie. I can imagine another 40 minutes or so of script where the Deviants were the Act 2 Fake Big Bads, moreso than they actually ended up being. Probably in the original concept, a lot of the Act 2 exposition dumps would have come from the intelligent Deviant, probably named Kro, rather than being handed out by Arishem. Who, as alien cosmic god-beings go, is remarkably trusting and forgiving.

Mind, I doubt much of this was actually filmed. I suspect that, while still at the development phase, Zhao and/or the screenwriters realized there just wasn't enough room for the full Deviant plotline, so they cut it back to the bare bones needed to facilitate the "main" plot.

Yeah that robot misperception spread like wildfire
You show anyone that scene and ask them what they are, 9 outta 10 are gonna say robots, cyborg, android, or something akin to that. If you don't want to show them as robots, don't show them as robots. If that was not their intention, then this is a failure on the filmmaker's part.

Is there honestly any other way to interpret the revelation of their origins given how it is presented?

Sersi is shown a vision of vast amounts of what look like preform "blank" bodies not too unlike seeing the Terminator without it's pseudo flesh or the mass produced synthetic creations in I, ROBOT.

MV5BMjM4Mjc2MzU3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjYwMDIwMjE@._V1_.jpg

I know, I know...

"The Celestials are so beyond our science that..."

I understand that intellectually but Zhao and Marvel made a choice that many, many MANY people are seeing as saying the Eternals are akin to robots and that's on them for... Making it look like the Eternals are robots.

Zhao is a visual film maker. There is no answer but obliviousness to how she and Feige could not understand what was shown lines up and evokes strongly imagery that intimates something closer to the cyborgs and robots of pop culture over whatever the intent was with the Eternals.

here, would be more my question/confusion about this scene... they all appear to be humanoid, but, their supposedly being sent to all different planet's/galaxy's so shouldn't they all look different to match the native species to the planet they are assigned too? or does each solar system have at least one "human" planet (that is being used for this incubation/egg scenioro)

Didn't Arishem specifically made them that way so they wouldn't evolve like the Deviants did?

Yes but to refer to them as robots is oversimplifying it. They're far more advanced creations than robots.

Doesn't kingo even refer to them as immortal robots? They're synthetic beings, but they're not technically living beings.

Lol wait. Are they not robots? Or call them a synthezoid if it makes you feel better but they’re not organic life forms. I thought that has Arishem’s revelation to Sersi.

I think somewhere between vision and Adam Warlock is a safe assumption.

I guess the real question is will they make it through the metal detector at the TVA?

6183805c326b26001834bc3d

I think it's premature to have thoughts on this. Let's see how they explain it. That being said, the backstory and appearances are comics accurate in both cases so Thanos has a human-looking brother in the comics.

They're artificial beings, but artificial beings made of flesh and blood, best I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"