European setting

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' started by Silvermoth, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Hi everyone,

What does everyone think about the idea of setting it in Europe, which sounds like it’s been confirmed so far. I think it’s so cool. No doubt they will use the UK since they get generous tax incentives if they film there. Do many American high schools that aren’t particularly fancy get to do trips to Europe? I suppose it could be because of a donation from stark industries.

Any scenes you want to see happen? And any characters you want to see pop up like captain Britain? Or even baron blood, that would be fun

2. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Spider-Man vs Sinister Six at the eiffel tower.

3. Ninjablade

Ninjablade Jumping From Planes

Not sure where I fall on the setting part yet. I’ve only ever cared for stuff like that in small doses whether it be one or two issues, a tv episode, or maybe a single act of a movie. But I’m keeping an open mind and hoping for the best.

While I don’t belive the rumors, I do think Hydroman vs Spidey in Venice would make for a super cool sequence. Be really interesting to see what kind of creative way Peter thinks of to beat him. Can’t really think of any other areas that would make for any kind of cool experience with Mysterio, outside of seeing Spider-Man at a cool landmark. I guess the Louvre maybe. If the villain was Doc Ock I’d be down for an Eiffel Tower showdown.

As for your question about American high schools taking trips to Europe, I only graduated a couple of years ago and mine did/ still does every year for a week. Usuallly a 10 day trip to at least 3 different countries, usually in Europe. The groups were anywhere from 100-150 students with about 10 facualty members. My school wasn’t overly fancy at all, it was pretty middle tier in terms of of being nice. I know the school didn’t/doesn’t have any money and teachers are constantly being let go for budgetary reasons. A lot of different fundraisers were done for it, so I find it within reason that Peter’s school could fund a trip like that no problem.

4. Toomes' Phone

Toomes' Phone Well-Known Member

A Spider-Man vs Mysterio fight at Big Ben would be awesome. I'd also like more time spent between Peter and May; I mean, not only does she have to cope with the fact that her nephew is Spider-Man, she also has the added trauma of him being missing/presumed dead after the events of IW, not to mention we don't know how he'll be coming back. I wonder how she'll deal with him being out of her sight for any extended period of time after all that.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  5. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Or the o2. Oh wait imagine how creepy it would be if mysterio’s headquarters were at the Tower of London!

Whenever I think of the Tower of London I think of the goosebumps book set there

[​IMG]

6. JOE

JOE _________________________

I don't want to see the Sinister Six this movie. I'd love for a few more pieces to be added, but it will feel way too rushed if they did it now. Save it for the 3rd movie with Ock as the leader.

7. poryon1289s

poryon1289s Active Member

Not a fan. New York is a signature part of Spidey. We didn't even get to see much of it in Homecoming either. To me its the equivalent of a Batman movie without Gotham.

I also don't view it as realistic for a high school to take a trip overseas. I graduated around five years ago, and the only field trip my school could afford was to the local museum.

8. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It does happen though. I went on a few back though. I guess going abroad is a bigger deal when you already live in a huge country though.

9. poryon1289s

Do you mind me asking what state you are from? I am quite jealous. I don't even think any of the schools in my state cross our state line.

10. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Definitely got to be at least the 3rd movie. But it could be glorious when they finally get to it.

11. poryon1289s

It's definitely not a common occurrence, at least in Southern America. We tend to have the worst schools/funding though.

12. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I must admit, it’s prety unlikely the average school is going to shout it’s students a trip to Europe. Still, maybe peter’s rich daddy Tony Stark flicks them some cash. He probably owes spidey one.

As for leaving New York, oh well I’m sure he will be back eventually. It’s good to change things up after a bit after all. Even Carrie Bradshaw left for Paris

13. Melpardus

Melpardus Well-Known Member

Peter's school seems to be one of those desirable specialty STEM-oriented public schools that gets grants and hookups from a variety of different federal and private institutions, so if this is a school-related field trip then I can can pretty easily buy it, especially since they're a New York school; plenty of money to be had if you can access it.

Having recently been to Europe (for a school-sponsored band tour in fact; granted this was in college) I'd personally like to see a stop in either Athens, Rome, or Zurich, assuming this is one of those European tour trips where they hop between cities every couple days. A lot of European cities that I've been to are a lot less geometrically neat than New York with lots of winding, curvy streets and arguably more congestion since you can have cars, motorcycles, bikes, pedestrians, and even trams and people on horseback all riding around on the same street with little to no clear demarcation, so it sounds like a really fun setting to have some web-slinging action. You go from no-buildings suburbia to all-the-buildings-right-next-to-each-other-in-no-consistent-layout; fun times.

14. SpeterMan3

SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

My French teacher arranged trips to France every Summer.

15. poryon1289s

For my Chinese class, we ordered carry out one time. I guess that counts haha

16. ehh

ehh iono

Specialty schools usually have some excellent funding, especially in NYC where education is really good.

17. SpeterMan3

SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

Haha :funny:

18. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Gee everyone’s schools sound much better than mine. My school went on a field trip to a garbage facility. No joke :(

Tough I’m telling you

19. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

+10000

20. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

I would feel London is so played out, but it's the number 1 destination for US tourists/schools when going abroad. It'd have been awesome if the class chose Rome or maybe Barcelona. 2 Big touristy places that I feel deserves showing up in the MCU far more than London again.

21. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

A complaint I heard at times with the TASM series was "If they took him back to high school, why graduate him so soon?" Here they seem to be taking the high school thing and really committing to it, drawing ideas from scenarios that are unique to that setting. Here, a student exchange program, I'm guessing? If it means less traditional routes for Spidey, so be it. No one else is doing the "superhero w a secret identity who still hasn't finished high school" thing. So go nuts.

22. ehh

ehh iono

Agreed. In the TASM films, it felt like Peter was in high school just to mark off another checkbox. He might as well have been at Summer camp and it wouldn't have mattered. The high school aspect of the story barely played a role.

23. poryon1289s

For me personally, it just makes Peter slightly unrelatable. I like Homecoming, but it is by no means a conventional Spider-man film.

24. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

From Spider-Man: Far From Home Reportedly Filming in the Czech Republic

Nice. The Czech Republic is one of the most beautiful countries in the world

25. Aximili86

Aximili86 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't mind the notion of Peter's highschool being some elite smartypants thing with funds to throw around, but it would have been nice to get a line or two driving home the fact he got a scholarship or something. Not being a regular kid at a regular less-than-awesome school does sort of eat into the "every guy" thing a little.

No biggie though.