Evangeline Lilly Cast as Hope Van Dyne

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Super Jim, Jul 28, 2014.

1. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

As eager as I am to see Lilly suit up, what can Wasp do against Thanos?

2. Whiskey Tango Registered

not around here, unless you can do something about the *****ebag lawyers.

3. third3ye Registered

The Janet suit was more or less the same as the Ant-Man suit, with a different helmet. The prototype Hope suit looks inspired by this version of Wasp, from the neck down:

[​IMG]

4. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

And it's sleeveless.

5. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Pretty much the same as any other Avenger can? :woot:

6. third3ye Registered

Certainly a lot more than Black Widow, that's for sure :cwink:

7. Phish Registered

Fly in his ear and zap him in the brain?
    So, probably more than any of the other Avengers. He might not actually even see her coming.

8. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I don't think it's going to be sleeveless, it was just an unfinished prototype. It seems like the purpose of the suits is to encase the wearer to protect from the atoms shrinking. And the shot showed some sort of linkage between the gloves and the upper torso of the suit, so I think eventually there might be sleeves.

9. Loki882 Registered

Unless they decide to come up with yet another lame excuse for her not to suit up.

10. Hunter Rider Ronin

I'm glad to see Feige's comment on the plan to give Hope's debut as Wasp some proper shine and not just stick her out there as a random cameo.

11. cph9fa Registered

This youtube video reviews the Ant-Man post credits scenes (nothing we don't already know) and it has a good screenshot of the suit. I agree that it looks unfinished.

12. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I can ask the question for every Avenger on the team. Individually, there is not one Avenger who can do anything against Thanos once he has all the Infinity Stones, but if they work together, they have a chance against the Mad Titan. I think both Wasp and Ant-Man can contribute as much as any other Avenger on the team, and if they can access the Microverse at well, they can probably do even more. Once Dr. Strange's movie is released, we'll find out more about the different dimensions that exist, including hte Microverse hopefully.

13. Raiden Wakanda Forever

The same reason Hope didn't suit up in this movie is the same as Rhodey's reason for not suiting up in the first Iron Man movie. I think Marvel wanted the first movie to put the spotlight on the main character, then the sequel will let them share the spotlight. I'm very anguish to see Hope becoming Wasp, and disappointed to learn that she won't be in CW. I don't want Infinity Wars to be the first movie where she suits up, and I won't mind if they let she show up as Wasp in one of the Netflix shows.

14. Voltron Registered

True, and Ant-Man was only fighting one villain. If he needed Wasp's help to fight just one villain then it'll show how weak Ant-Man is.

15. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Evangeline was asked who she'd want to be cast as her mother Janet, and she said she wanted Michelle Pfeiffer, while Michael Douglas wanted his wife CZJ to play her. I wonder if Marvel will take these two suggestions to heart, or will they cast another actress (if they intend to bring her back)?

16. Voltron Registered

That's a no brainer, Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet thanks! CZJ is only 9 years older than Lilly. Actually I'd love for Jane Seymour, or Barbara Hershey to be Janet if they can't get Pfeiffer.

17. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

What if Janet stopped aging or her aging slowed down while being in the microverse?

18. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Sorry but I say a big nay to Barbara Hershey as Janet. I'd be fine with Pfeiffer or CZJ, though.

19. Voltron Registered

If Janet's age was slowed down then definitely cast Michelle Pfeiffer since she's 15 years younger than Douglas. I don't want Janet to have stopped aging since I want an older actress for an older Douglas. Also there are plenty of older great actresses and hardly any young great actresses to choose from.

No to CZJ since she's such an uninspired choice and Michelle/Jane are far better actresses than her.

20. Hunter Rider Ronin

Julianne Moore as Janet.

21. Whiskey Tango Registered

Sandra Bullock.

22. Voltron Registered

Skip.

#397 Voltron, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  23. Whiskey Tango Registered

Sorry, I'll try and refrain from any more irrelevant fancasting. I wouldn't want someone at Marvel to see my completely off the cuff post and get any bad ideas! If any further synapses happen to fire I'll run a memo by you first.

24. Hunter Rider Ronin

:lmao: I didn't realize fan casting was dependent on who needed exposure and work. I also don't see how any of them are a better fit with Evie but whatever.

25. Voltron Registered

Skip.

#400 Voltron, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015