Evangeline Lilly Cast as Hope Van Dyne

The thing about Wasp, if she is anything like the comic, is that she can have hundreds of costumes and doesn't just have to choose between two. Wasp had more costumes than anyone else, including Iron Man.

I hope that Hope retains that fashion designer aspect, having inherited it from her mother. She could also be responsible for designing the Avengers costumes in subsequent movies.

She should go through 3 or 4 costumes per movie.

Definitely. She can just be herself.

Reposting for a new page:

9A2YknE.png

I hope Hope is some kind of fashion mogul and socialite like Janet was. I don't want her just to be a scientist. She needs to be the female Tony Stark.

Definitely a strong wasp vibe going on. She looks great, can't wait for more set photos and the first trailer next year.

She's seen in a different costume in every scene she's in. Nobody bats an eye or questions it.

Except Hulk of course.

"Why silly bee lady think she Lady Gaga?"

She's seen in a different costume in every scene she's in. Nobody bats an eye or questions it.

Put color changing panels on her suit so she can change it at every whim. :woot:

My God she looks horrible.

I'm not even sure she's going to be Wasp anymore, and if she is I don't know how excited I am about it. She strikes me as very bland, while Wasp should be spunky and vivacious. I really want to see some footage to get a better idea of the characters and tone.

Evangeline Lilly spoke some more about her character Hope to CNN while doing press for The Hobbit.

She is the daughter of the founders of The Avengers, Ant-Man and the Wasp. She is a very talented, intelligent, capable woman and a force to be reckoned with.

[Ant-Man] is very much a heist film. It has all the fun, tension and drama of a good heist film.

The heist is being masterminded by myself, my father and Scott Lang.

Lily stole a small prop
"On Ant-Man, I took a rubber stamp from the office of Hank Pym, who's played by Michael Douglas. If something is small enough to go in my pocket and it will be neat memorabilia, it's gone."
Evangeline Lilly hinted at future Marvel commitments in 2016 in a talk with Huffington Post.

I could see Lilly as Wasp and Rudd as Ant-Man in Avengers Infinity War.

Could that nugget indicate that the Avenger Initiative dates back to the 1960s, with Fury just reestablishing it in modern times?

Maybe she's talking generally about how Ant-Man and Wasp are founders in the comics, and not in the MCU.

That doesn't really make sense. So she is talking about her movie self, but also her parents from the comics?

That doesn't really make sense. So she is talking about her movie self, but also her parents from the comics?

Yes, because the characters are founders of the team in the comics, and pretty well-known for that. It's really not that impossible.

Heck, one of the press releases for the movie calls Ant-Man a founding Avenger, but I didn't see anyone thinking that referred to in the MCU then.

Could that nugget indicate that the Avenger Initiative dates back to the 1960s, with Fury just reestablishing it in modern times?

That's been my theory all along.

I'm 95% sure they will say something to indicate theyre founding memebers.

I'm really happy it seems that lilly and Rudd will be the wasp and ant-man in the MCU. And I don't think you could do better casting.

Evangeline Lilly has been spilling more Ant-Man beans with Empire Magazine.

Looks like Janet definitely was Hank's superhero partner as well as wife Wasp back in the sixties before something happened to her.

"I was raised by two superheroes," she said of Hope Van Dyne. "So, I'm a pretty screwed up human being. I am also fairly capable, strong, and kick-ass, which is wonderful to play, but the most fun to play was just how messed up she was from being raised by two superheroes. And the clear message sent by name is that I'm not a big fan of my father and so I took my mother's name."

I'm really getting behind Lilly for Wasp.

Lol at Keanu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"