The Flash Every Rose has it's Thawne

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Thought that maybe we could utilize a thread here to keep track of each and every incarnation of Eobard Thawne, seeing as there seems to be quite a few running around. This'll obviously get updated if and when more incarnations make an apperance down the line, or when there's a change in the timeline or whatever crazy stuff happens next.
  • Thawne 2000
This would be the one we initially met in Season 1, responsible for killing Nora Allen (in the year 2000) and Harrison Wells, then becoming Harrison Wells, creating the Particle Accelerator, and in turn creating Barry Allen's Flash earlier than history recalled. The character apperaring in 2x11 is the same Thawne, but from an earlier [future] time, thus ultimately meeting the same fate.

Status: Erased from the timeline when Eddie Thawne sacrificed himself.
  • Legend Thawne
Legend Thawne is (I believe) a time remnant of Thawne who was trapped in the speedforce when Thawne 2000 was erased from existence, and as such attempted to change reality so that he himself wouldn't be erased from existence.

• Flashpoint Thawne
Presumably went home (or to Earth-X) after the events of Flashpoint, only to return later in the Crisis on Earth-X storyline.
  • Crisis Thawne
Not quite sure where this originated from, if not the Flashpoint story, but presently he's assumed to be the one locked up in Iron Heights in the year 2049, and working(?) with Nora West-Allen.

If I've got any of this information wrong, please feel free to correct me. I'll amend the post. I think it's safe to say that there's another Thorne running around somewhere before the events of Nora Allen's death that we've yet to actually meet; one that is maybe envious (rather than jealous of) Barry Allen as the Flash - in the comics (at least) he (Thawne) only becomes the Reverse Flash after learning of his destiny after he goes back in time to meet his idol. Damn paradoxes.

Thought that maybe we could utilize a thread here to keep track of each and every incarnation of Eobard Thawne, seeing as there seems to be quite a few running around. This'll obviously get updated if and when more incarnations make an apperance down the line, or when there's a change in the timeline or whatever crazy stuff happens next.
  • Thawne 2000
This would be the one we initially met in Season 1, responsible for killing Nora Allen (in the year 2000) and Harrison Wells, then becoming Harrison Wells, creating the Particle Accelerator, and in turn creating Barry Allen's Flash earlier than history recalled. The character apperaring in 2x11 is the same Thawne, but from an earlier [future] time, thus ultimately meeting the same fate.

Status: Erased from the timeline when Eddie Thawne sacrificed himself.
  • Legend Thawne
Legend Thawne is (I believe) a time remnant of Thawne who was trapped in the speedforce when Thawne 2000 was erased from existence, and as such attempted to change reality so that he himself wouldn't be erased from existence.

• Flashpoint Thawne
Presumably went home (or to Earth-X) after the events of Flashpoint, only to return later in the Crisis on Earth-X storyline.
  • Crisis Thawne
Not quite sure where this originated from, if not the Flashpoint story, but presently he's assumed to be the one locked up in Iron Heights in the year 2049, and working(?) with Nora West-Allen.

If I've got any of this information wrong, please feel free to correct me. I'll amend the post. I think it's safe to say that there's another Thorne running around somewhere before the events of Nora Allen's death that we've yet to actually meet; one that is maybe envious (rather than jealous of) Barry Allen as the Flash - in the comics (at least) he (Thawne) only becomes the Reverse Flash after learning of his destiny after he goes back in time to meet his idol. Damn paradoxes.
Only correction to make until we know more about the Thawne from the most recent episode is that Legends Thawne and Flashpoint Thawne are one in the same. He makes reference on Legends that he's a time remnant created by the Flash which is why he's being chased by Black Flash and looking for the Spear of Destiny.

I guess you could also include the time remnant Thawne that appeared in 2x11 and was sent back home. Other than those, I think that's all on the list. Good idea to have a threat to keep track of all of this :up:

Only correction to make until we know more about the Thawne from the most recent episode is that Legends Thawne and Flashpoint Thawne are one in the same. He makes reference on Legends that he's a time remnant created by the Flash which is why he's being chased by Black Flash and looking for the Spear of Destiny.
Are we sure these two are one in the same? It's been a while now, but wasn't Legends Thawne before Flashpoint Thawne? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. o_O

I'm still wondering whether Eddie is alive somewhere too; post Flashpoint of course. This would ensure Thawne remains in existence.

Good idea to have a threat to keep track of all of this.
Thanks! :cool:

If Thawne knows how to go back in time and change events without it personally affecting him (ie he doesn't start losing memories like Barry did) then if Barry found out how to do it properly, he could go back and try and save Nora again.

Maybe Thawne is trying to manipulate Nora jr into creating another Flashpoint?

Are we sure these two are one in the same? It's been a while now, but wasn't Legends Thawne before Flashpoint Thawne? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. o_O

Yeah, he mentions being held captive for months to the Legion of Doom when they trap him in the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"