Everyone here is PRO-Muslim and ANTI-Every other religion

Wilhelm-Scream said:
ALL organized religions are wrong.

And we have our answer. Now don't get me wrong, I respect people's beliefs even if I don't agree with them. But what I don't respect is what some people do or say based on those beliefs. Everyone should be free to believe whatever the hell they want without persecution but I also believe that religions are wrong and I won't hesitate to discuss why.

He didn't really just say that did he?

I roll my eyes just as much when some christian says gays are going to hell ,as I do when some muslim calls me an infidel. But I roll my eyes the most when a single person (athiest or otherwise), thinks they know something about how the universe works for absolute certain.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
1) That would be really insulting if not for the fact that you don't know me as a person. Um, I'm kinda...smart. I was not impressed with the duration for which he spoke. It was, um...the concepts discussed and the issues raised and the unbelievable ammount of research and memorization he did. K? K :down:)

2) That is what you say about yourself.

3) Zeus doesn't exist in my belief system.

1) Big deal, Holocaust deniers spend a lot of time and research on their theory and a lot of smart people believe it. Doesn't change the fact that its a stupid theory. Do you have proof to back up Icke's theory?

2) That's what I know about myself, also I believe most of the mental health profession would believe that beliving in lizard people is nuts, are they lizard people as well?

3) Do you think David Koresh was nuts or was there a possibility that he was correct? What makes Icke more sane than David Koresh?

Carter said:
He didn't really just say that did he?
Here's why I feel it isn't contradictory.

My belief is that we all have ideas about "why we're here", "how we got here", "if there's a God", "what happens after you die", etc.

We're exposed to the beliefs of others. Some make more sense to us individually than others. Some make no sense at all, but make perfect sense to the adherents.

But, (with a few minor exceptions), each religion teaches what it professes to be "THE truth". "No man cometh to the Father but by me.", "There is no other God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet"...that type of stuff.

The whole point of proseletysing is that, according to "your" beliefs, everyone is doomed if they DON'T follow "your" beliefs.

It is necessary, with all of these religions to "know" (through faith) the 100% UN-KNOWABLE.

My belief is that NO one has any idea and that we'll all be blown away when we die, or...we'll be non-existent.

But the fact is, for every "Religion A" person who has experienced some "supernatural" thing that confirms the veracity of his belief, there's one from "Religion B", "Religion C", "Religion D", "Religion E", etc., etc.

WE. DON'T. KNOW.
If you say you do...you are wrong.

Carter said:
I roll my eyes just as much when some christian says gays are going to hell ,as I do when some muslim calls me an infidel. But I roll my eyes the most when a single person (athiest or otherwise), thinks they know something about how the universe works for absolute certain.

I don't any atheist, hot-topic punk or otherwise has ever made that claim on this board.
I have never seen tolerance on this board for religious bashing, in fact, I can't seem to remember the las time I saw an anti-semitic thread, I think once, but it got deleted.
perhaps this person was bored and knew that posting this topic would ellicit responses from most of the religious people on these boards.

maybe, that was it.

Carter said:
But I roll my eyes the most when a single person (athiest or otherwise), thinks they know something about how the universe works for absolute certain.
Exactly. I even acknowledge that I could be completely wrong in my beliefs and wake up in Hell when I die, or not retain any consciousness at all.

Religious people can not make those admissions, by definition.

Carter said:

everyone believes in something or another. if you dont believe in god, you must believe a theory and that theory is the way you live your life, in a way that becomes your religion. lol. flame me as much as you want, but i laugh at people who do. we are all the same, whether we believ in god or dont. everyone just calm down take a deep breath and forget about religion bashing.

btw, icke is nuts. i remember when i was a kid and he said that everyone had to wear purple/lilac to save themselves. the lizard people still makes me laugh. does anyone else think he was smoking something funny while watch v the series back in the 80's????

Wilhelm-Scream said:
1) That would be really insulting if not for the fact that you don't know me as a person. Um, I'm kinda...smart. I was not impressed with the duration for which he spoke. It was, um...the concepts discussed and the issues raised and the unbelievable ammount of research and memorization he did. K? K :down:)

2) That is what you say about yourself.

3) Zeus doesn't exist in my belief system.
Smart people DON'T flaunt that fact. Nothing you've said so far about religion is either smart or insightful...in fact its pretty much common talking points of oponents to religion

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Exactly. I even acknowledge that I could be completely wrong in my beliefs and wake up in Hell when I die, or not retain any consciousness at all.

Oh cool, as long as you acknowledge the fact that you could possibly be wrong we don't have a problem:up:

IronLion said:
btw, icke is nuts. i remember when i was a kid and he said that everyone had to wear purple/lilac to save themselves. the lizard people still makes me laugh. does anyone else think he was smoking something funny while watch v the series back in the 80's????
See, as ridiculous as that is, the idea of Christianity etc is equally as ridiculous

Carter said:
I'd be the first one to agree with you if I were talking about all athiests.
I don't give a damn if you believe in god or not, I'm not sure I do myself.

My problem are the athiests who act "above it all", and there are plenty of them.
Ironically they've become what they despise, by cramming their beliefs down your throat just as much as hardcore christians.

Hypocrites

my statement still stands really. those some athiests were athiests that were getting bashed. and i just found that funny. what you refered to was a problem of the childish tho. they exist in all groups.

i see you've noticed some hypocritical behaviour yourself.

also i think some people can learn alot on the internet if they go to the right sites.

Flame on! said:
See, as ridiculous as that is, the idea of Christianity etc is equally as ridiculous
Well its not ridiculous, no more than waking up and believing "all men are created equal" when clearly certain people are born with more advantages both naturally and conventionally. But it is claiming unclaimable knowledge. It is claiming a "supernatural" intelligence.

The Overlord said:
1) Big deal, Holocaust deniers spend a lot of time and research on their theory and a lot of smart people believe it. Doesn't change the fact that its a stupid theory. Do you have proof to back up Icke's theory?
You're kind of making a fool of yourself, talking about a subject of which you're so ignorant. What is Icke's "theory" ?
He has hundreds of theories, that all seem to form a common thread. He's got inumerable volumes of evidence for a lot of what he says.

He talks about politics, exposes lies in the media, criminal activity.....tons and tons and tons of evidence, for some stuff. Other things, he has ideas, sees patterns, and forms opinions and theories that can't be proven, they're IDEAS.

2) That's what I know about myself, also I believe most of the mental health profession would believe that beliving in lizard people is nuts, are they lizard people as well?
Every society thinks that it's era is the pinnacle of erudition. We are no different. There was a time where "The Professionals" would tell you that your seizures are caused by demons in your skull. I.....this is just ******ed, for you to expect me to digest decades of research, thousands and thousands of pages of evidence into a little soundbite on the Hype. I could give hundreds of examples of how today's modern "experts" have f***ed up and been totally wrong.

also, you can't disprove the Reptilian theory. Totally impossible.

3) Do you think David Koresh was nuts or was there a possibility that he was correct? What makes Icke more sane than David Koresh?
Of course there was a possibility that he was correct. The majority of society thought that Jesus was an insane, evil nut, and they killed him also. Now, he just happens to be the accepted status quo poster boy. In an alternate world, it could've been Koresh. Easily. Have you ever heard of Joseph Smith?

One thing that makes Icke more sane than Koresh is that he doesn't believe in the Bible and thinks that it's detrimental to elevate one man into a position of absolute authority over others. :)

Wilhelm-Scream said:

but you'll insult anyone of a different persuasion regardless.

ShadowBoxing said:
Well its not ridiculous, no more than waking up and believing "all men are created equal" when clearly certain people are born with more advantages both naturally and conventionally. But it is claiming unclaimable knowledge. It is claiming a "supernatural" intelligence.
Which is ridiculous.

Honestly don't care what faith a person has. I like the Einstein quote I saw earlier in the thread. I think people from all facets of the world need something to give life more substance than LIFE/DEATH. If you've lived at all (especially in this fourm) you know people have great imagination and an adept skill at reason and filling informational voids that don't make sense to us. Our minds make us curious and this will always be. Some systems of thought and beliefs are more well thought and sopisticated than others. I was brought up to belief in one God (king James Bible) and to celebrate the christian holidays. I love holidays becuase it gives me a reason to celebrate those I might not normaly acknoledge. I'm at odds because I can't fully believe in a HIGHER POWER of religious nature, although I feel I'd be better disaplined if I did truely have a Faith. I feel I can trust only myself and that's sad. Faith can bring piece of mind and I can only wish for those who put Faith in thier beliefs and religion that there is more to life and death.
~D

"Everyone here is PRO-Muslim and ANTI-Every other religion"

Trust me when I'm say, I'm far from being pro-muslim. Infact I'd even go as far as to say that I'm anti every religion.
See, I'm not bias. I hate them all. :)

ShadowBoxing said:
Smart people DON'T flaunt that fact.
I guess you don't think Henry Kissinger is smart. :( Yeah, um...you're totally wrong right there. Maybe HUMBLE people don't.
Shadowboxing said:
Nothing you've said so far about religion is either smart or insightful...in fact its pretty much common talking points of oponents to religion
You're really being an ass here. I never said I was saying anything mind-blowing or insightful. I'm expressing my feelings and beliefs, not writing a dissertation or a treatise on human belief. :rolleyes:

The only reason I said that was that he absurdly acted as if I thought Icke was a genius solely because he SPOKE FOR A LONG TIME. :rolleyes:

I was saying that, uh...it was WHAT HE SAID that was impressive, not his...endurance. :rolleyes:
simply saying that I've got the modicum of "smarts" required to, uh....listen, and analyze.....not just to go "Wow, he used polysyllabic words, and rattled off a lot of figures. Derh...he must be a genius."

please, dude.

Danalys said:
but you'll insult anyone of a different persuasion regardless.
Definitely, if there are enormous holes in the foundation of their beliefs and huge contradictions in the texts from which they derive their idea of "God's Will" and the history of Earth. Yep.

yeah but they have their special interpretation of the text that after years of apologetics actually could fit together without contradictions. so in effect you argue against a straw man since their idea of their religion is something different.

no. A lot of those pathetic, squirming, desperate "interpretations" are just the holes to which I'm referring.

I was just bemoaning the syndrome the other night with a Christian friend of mine.
When the Bible says something palatable, comfortable...well, that's what it means, and many attribute a "holiness" to that passage.

But when I show them, in the exact same Bible, where God brags about the fact that he creates Evil...suddenly, "erm, well...that's a poor translation."

it's just silly.

i don't see their problem with him creating evil. it would be part of his mysterious plan, that they think will work out for everyones benefit in the end because HE told them it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"