EVERYTHING Black Panther [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mekhi Phifer and Derek Luke, but they just don't seem right for Black Panther. I'd love Mehki as Cage, though. I mean, BP is the leader of a country, and Djimon has a certain stately authority on the screen that fits that part of the character very well. That is the element that I feel needs to be played up. Black Panther should be like a superhero Air Force One, with T'Challa taking control by force to protect his country from an outside threat. He should be intense and calculating like BP was during Priest's run. And for 41, Djimon is in damn good shape, its not like he's ravaged by time.

beautyshop2.jpg

Besides I think it would be awesome for a African hero to be played by a solid African actor, rather than an African-American one. It may seem like a slight thing to some, but I don't believe it is.

Couldn't really find any shots of BP minus his mask, except this oh so precious one of him kissing a shocked Storm.

Ororo%20and%20T'Challa.jpg

Wanting an African to play BP isn't a "slight thing", if there's a viable person who can. I believe Hounsou to be such. But it's not always how it works out.

terry78 said:
Couldn't really find any shots of BP minus his mask, except this oh so precious one of him kissing a shocked Storm.

Ororo%20and%20T'Challa.jpg
What comic is this from?

black panther (priests run)

IDK if this is the exact issue but its from this story line

If Djimon Hounsou isnt involved in some way with Black panther its the biggest mistake ever. Djimon just screams Black Panther.

Darthphere said:
If Djimon Hounsou isnt involved in some way with Black panther its the biggest mistake ever. Djimon just screams Black Panther.

For Me Djimon Hounsou screams Bishop.:up::xmen:

Wesley Snipes is perfect for T´Challa.:up::cool:

HighVoltage said:

For Me Djimon Hounsou screams Bishop.:up::xmen:

Wesley Snipes is perfect for T´Challa.:up::cool:

Bishop needs to be a bigger guy, Djimon is muscular and lean, perfect for T'Challa.

Bishop should be American. And Wesley's time for T'Challa passed by the time he first picked up the sword.

Chris Wallace said:
Bishop should be American. And Wesley's time for T'Challa passed by the time he first picked up the sword.

But Wesley Snipes is a big fan of T´Challa.
frown.gif

WesleyasBlackPanther.jpg

tamron said:
I like Mekhi Phifer and Derek Luke, but they just don't seem right for Black Panther. I'd love Mehki as Cage, though. I mean, BP is the leader of a country, and Djimon has a certain stately authority on the screen that fits that part of the character very well. That is the element that I feel needs to be played up. Black Panther should be like a superhero Air Force One, with T'Challa taking control by force to protect his country from an outside threat. He should be intense and calculating like BP was during Priest's run. And for 41, Djimon is in damn good shape, its not like he's ravaged by time.

Luke Cage is 6' 6". Black Panther is 6 feet.

Also if Black Panther is an origin movie, the character should definitely be a young king. Maybe in the comics currently being issued BP is Djimon's age, but most comic movies aren't based at a time in a heros life that the comics are currently at. They ususally start closer to the begining.

Chris Wallace said:
Derek Luke is too youthful, IMO. Denzel I just can't see. I'm gonna have to give a thumbs down on Pitt. Keith David is a little past his prime. Ving Rames is just not my idea of Killmonger & Beyonce can't act.

You do know I was talking about Denzel and Keith David for T'Challas father right?

How is David past his prime for that?

Just a note Keith played BP's voice on the FF cartoon.

Derek Luke is not too youthful to play the young King. I don't see the logic in starting the Black Panther story in the movies when he's already been the hero for decades. Derek has also shown the ability to gain a much more amazing musculature than any of the afformentioned actors (Djimon, etc). Which you could see in the opening scenes of Friday Night Lights.

Djimon is Black Panther, thats it. If they want to use another actor to show how he became BP or King thats fine but Djimon is Black Panther, plain and simple.

Darthphere people like you make SHH an awful place. Stop scrolling and being an ash and learn how to communicate like someone who isn't a bratty 4 year old.

Derek luke is ok for a you tchalla i guess but i haven't seen him in anything besides FNL idon't think. Djimon does have a stately quality and he'd be my pick for the older version. Just posted this twice cause everyone else is double posting and i don't want to be left out:)

hey what gives it redirected me and didn't do my double post how did yall do it:(

RAMORE said:
Derek luke is ok for a you tchalla i guess but i haven't seen him in anything besides FNL idon't think. Djimon does have a stately quality and he'd be my pick for the older version. Just posted this twice cause everyone else is double posting and i don't want to be left out:)

Spartan and Antoine Fisher are 2 very quality movies worth watching completely removed from the fact of judging him.

I don't feel that Derek could deliver the same authority on screen as Djimon.Djimon really is the only choice for me.Unlees both are cast to play BP at different ages. I feel Snipes is too Blade to play BP. He's like Christina Ricci. I will always see her as Wednesday Adams and I will always see Snipes as Blade.

BT18 said:
Darthphere people like you make SHH an awful place. Stop scrolling and being an ash and learn how to communicate like someone who isn't a bratty 4 year old.

What the **** is your problem. You like Derek Luke I dont. Djimon is my perfect casting choice. I state that. An opinion, you ever hear of one. You dont like it, tough but I never disrespected you in any way. Its *******s like you who think they run the place that make SHH! an awful place. Learn to deal with an opposing an opinion.

Darthphere said:
What the **** is your problem. You like Derek Luke I dont. Djimon is my perfect casting choice. I state that. An opinion, you ever hear of one. You dont like it, tough but I never disrespected you in any way. Its *******s like you who think they run the place that make SHH! an awful place. Learn to deal with an opposing an opinion.

It's not about me "liking Derek Luke". Unlike you I don't obsess about proclaiming over and over again the same thing , the same derivative statement, because I have a preference (IE scrolling).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"