EVERYTHING Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Noel Clarke wants to play BP...bleedingcool.com wrote up that he's "tweeted repeatedly" about it. I don't have twitter so I wouldn't know. But I've only seen him in Doctor Who.

He's okay.
I dont think I would even put him in my top 5 choices

He was pretty cool in Centurion. I could see him being BP.

I thought I recognized old boy from Doctor Who. If they want to give him a chance, let the man do it.

How about Lee Thompson Young? He was Jett Jackson...

I always wanted him to be Static.

Lee Thompson Young looks too...I hate to say this, but he looks too soft. T'Challa isn't some ragtag guy with scars that chomps cigars, but he damn sure isn't a pretty boy. He'd be cool as Static, but T'Challa needs the presence of commanding people without words. Often we should see him silently telling people what to do, so he can't have this pretty boy face like Young just staring at the screen. It would just look wrong.

...if/when a movie comes out, I hope there is plenty of spinoff merchandise-- backpacks, school supplies, coffee mugs, t-shirts/hats and other clothing, and a video game..

Lee Thompson Young looks too...I hate to say this, but he looks too soft. T'Challa isn't some ragtag guy with scars that chomps cigars, but he damn sure isn't a pretty boy. He'd be cool as Static, but T'Challa needs the presence of commanding people without words. Often we should see him silently telling people what to do, so he can't have this pretty boy face like Young just staring at the screen. It would just look wrong.

This. And no aspect of him whatsoever says "Black Panther" to me. I remember this thread was LOADED with posts suggesting he would be a good fit after his appearance on "Smallville", and I thought it was a horrible idea then.

http://www.filmcrave.com/movie_news_story.php?id=79985
In a great, in depth interview with Scott Tre over at his blog, the martial artist and actor Michael Jai White reveals that he is every bit as passionate about Black Panther as the many fans of his that would love nothing more than to see him in the role..

Scott Tre: If a major studio were to give you two hundred million dollars to make a movie and gave you complete creative control, what kind of movie would you make? What would be the ultimate Michael Jai White star vehicle?

Michael Jai White: If I had two hundred million I'd make like ten movies out of that (laughs). I would definitely make the Paul Robeson story. That would be my drama. I'd make Black Panther. I would do something with Black Panther that would make you forget about Batman. I guarantee you, if I got the chance to do Black Panther, everything would change. The genre would change.

Apparently Noel Clarke wants to play BP...bleedingcool.com wrote up that he's "tweeted repeatedly" about it. I don't have twitter so I wouldn't know. But I've only seen him in Doctor Who.

I like Noel Clarke but I don't see him as Black Panther. His a good director and I could see him directing a Marvel movie in the future something like Cloak & Dagger.

Heres the trailer for his movie 4321 (Starring Emma Roberts, Kevin Smith, Eve, Plan B and Michelle Ryan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2zALzE2gIw

do we have any idea of how old hes gonna be in the movie? just wondering because it would really help narrow things down. i know hes a little old for an origin movie but what do you guys think of Peter Mensah? anyone whos seen Spartacus Blood and Sand knows who im talking about. hes got a great build, hes been training in martial arts since he was friggin 6 years old, has that regal look to him and a bit of gravitas. apparantly hes only been acting for 6 years or so and like i said hes probably WAY too old but i think hed be awesome.

hes the guy that got kicked into the pit in 300. lol.
Peter+Mensah+50th+Monte+Carlo+TV+Festival+VJL3jpc3vtcl.jpg

Too old and lanky. He could definitely be in the movie in another role. He's pretty cool in everything I've seen him in.

Too old and lanky. He could definitely be in the movie in another role. He's pretty cool in everything I've seen him in.
yeah, thats mainly why i brought him up. too old for BP, but theres got to be a role for him somewhere in the Marvel U. the guy is pure awesome, starting to become one of my fave actors.

Mensah could be T'Chaka or Zuri. Xuri was awesome, and I could see him fitting in that role of "comical old friend of T'Chaka's that is kinda senile but drops a few pearls of wisdom." He's a built guy, and I could just see him saying something really crazy to ease the tension a bit to straight faced T'Challa.

Maybe T'challa's father or an aid

Wakanda is full of Wakandans... they will find a role for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985