Everything Everywhere All At Once | A24 | Michelle Yeoh

What I love most is that this shows you can make a movie with Asians that isn’t centered around Asian culture. Yes there are Asian elements to it but it’s not pivotal to the plot.

So happy to see, but I’m skeptical it’ll win best picture or director. Quan seems like a lock for supporting actor.

I think it has a shot at Best Picture if it comes down to vote splitting between Fabelmans and Banshees of Inisherin.

So happy to see, but I’m skeptical it’ll win best picture or director. Quan seems like a lock for supporting actor.
I hope so based on the other awards so far. But wouldn’t shock me to see Brendan Gleason win.

Given Coda, Greenbook, and Spotlight have won Best Picture, I wouldn’t be surprised if The Fabelmans wins.

698330a70b69504496e30431de1030c9467588a0.jpg

A24 Auctions

Gotta see if I have a couple hundred dollars lying around for a rock with googly eyes on it.

This movie's winning Best Picture, folks. It won at the Critic's Choice, the DGA, and it just won the PGA yesterday. It's likely to win SAG ensemble tonight, too, and later, the WGA. Put it in perspective, the movies that have won 5 of them:

American Beauty
No Country for Old Men
Slumdog Millionaire
Argo

All won Best Picture.

Last edited:
It was hard watching Mark Wahlberg present EEAAO with a SAG Award last night.
Dude looked like he was in physical pain announcing it. Really gross.

And I am here for EEAAO winning Best Picture. Hoping beyond hope that Michelle Yeoh pulls through in the end.

After watching that speech at the SAG awards and James Hong sort of jokingly mention working with the Daniels again when he’s 100, I almost want to see them make a film with him as the main character before he inevitably passes.

Make it a sort of semi-autobiographical tale about an actor at the end of his life recounting his trying to make it big in Hollywood, the struggles he had to deal with facing racism from people in the industry and the eventual acclaim he received. Have a lot of the crazy antics that the Daniels are known for with tons of over-the-top martial arts sequences, but also heartfelt as well. Imagine sequences where he’s just sort of casually daydreaming and it transitions, in camera practically, to a sort of “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” sequence or something like that. Play around with time and space, where past events seem to sort of bleed into real life. Maybe also get some other famous Asian martial artists/actors in this. Just go nuts with it.

Really make the film a tribute to his entire career and all the work that he’s done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"