The Dark Knight Everything Lachy Hulme (Merged X 8)

I agree. funny. If Joker was slightly bigger than Bale was in Machinist, that'd rawk:up:

yes! I want him lanky! hahaha . . . Lanky Lachy (it's pronounced lock-ee), ya know?

I didn't know LOL.

My adopted n00b is blossoming.

Ronny Shade said:
I didn't know LOL.

My adopted n00b is blossoming.

hahahaha . . . soon I'll start to develop special new feelings, and begin to grow hair in precarious places

Seen it many times before and it's a very good drawing. I guess he'd make a decent Joker.

DeFett said:
Here is the latest pic of Hulme if anyone wants to weave their magic.
Hulme.jpg

It's from a movie called Macbeth coming out in June (In Australia).

edit - Sorry Photobucket has shrunk the image. I'll try and find a way of putting it up bigger.

WednesdaySeptember14200524.jpg

Do I detect a resemblance, or am I jumping the gun(I wish I had a better image)...

Shave off the facial hair and there's definitely a resemblance there.

I still think that Bettany looks more Jokerish than Hulme....but sadly I am very very biased. Now excuse me, I am off to write Mr. Bettany another love lettter...:o

Seriously, I like Bettany, but I just don't see him as the Joker . . . I don't think he looks shyt like him; and it's hard for me to understand how everyone can be so dead set on him as the J-man.

The only cool thing about Bettany being the Joker would be if they show his origin, and Bettany is obviously already pastey as hell . . . that's the only similiarity I see

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great actor . . . I just don't like him as the Joker . . .

DV8 said:
Seriously, I like Bettany, but I just don't see him as the Joker . . . I don't think he looks shyt like him; and it's hard for me to understand how everyone can be so dead set on him as the J-man.

The only cool thing about Bettany being the Joker would be if they show his origin, and Bettany is obviously already pastey as hell . . . that's the only similiarity I see

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great actor . . . I just don't like him as the Joker . . .

Pics dont do the man justice, watching him on film you can just see the jokerness in him. Whenever you look at him from the side he appears to he appears to have a Joker like jaw. Whenever he smiles, he has a Joker like smile. The man was simply born to play the Joker. Watch the film Gangster Number 1 - the entire film is Bettany playing the Joker sans humor and makeup.

I agree with you on that . . . like I said, he's a great actor, and I've yet to see ganster #1 . . . but Hulme was literally born on April Fool's Day . . . proving that he was literally BORN for the part, as April Fool's is the jokiest day of the year

yes, I said 'jokiest' . . . . . again :(

Yes, but Bettany's name is Paul - thus proving that HE was born to play the joker. Because PB is practically the jokiest initials ever.

you understand that post made no sense, right? Go back and edit JB to PB so you don't lose this argument on sematics

StorminNorman said:
Pics dont do the man justice, watching him on film you can just see the jokerness in him. Whenever you look at him from the side he appears to he appears to have a Joker like jaw. Whenever he smiles, he has a Joker like smile. The man was simply born to play the Joker. Watch the film Gangster Number 1 - the entire film is Bettany playing the Joker sans humor and makeup.

Indeed. You see him on film and you say "I want that man to be the Joker." :p

DV8 said:
you understand that post made no sense, right? Go back and edit JB to PB so you don't lose this argument on sematics

Did you read my post, I was going to loose my argument anyway...:(

StorminNorman said:
Did you read my post, I was going to loose my argument anyway...:(

Except that you're RIGHT!!! Bettany does look more like the Joker... April Fool's day is crap. If the day of a person's birth made them right for the Joker, that person should be born on the Day of the Dead. Oh sweet irony.

However, birthdays mean nothing. Hulme does not look like Joker except in the most superficial ways. He has arched eyebrows and prominent cheekbones. His nose is pointy. Whee. Big deal. The same is true of Tony Blair.

On the other hand, Paul Bettany's "resemblance" to the Joker is in a completely different context. He does have the cheekbones, but his eyebrows are not arched. He does, however, have the cruel gleam in his eyes, the sardonic twist to his mouth, the brooding brow. Makeup can easily give anybody a long blade of a nose, and arched eyebrows. But you can't do a damn thing for a person's eyes. Either the character is in there, or it isn't. I have yet to see a picture of Hulme where I see Joker in his eyes. Whereas, even when Bettany is smiling for a magazine cover, he looks evil. :spidey:

Hulme's eyes lure me in. They say to me "Come. Learn the Mystery. The Mystery and the Glory that is Hulme.".

Hulme can do it. I want to see what he brings to the table.

When I see Hulme's eyes I think Australian Sex God - not evil bastard.

LOL. We should re-name this thread "three guys gaying up over some actors' eyes." :o

I am confident enough in my masculinity that I can say Hulme is one handsome man. He would be great as the Joker.

As for the Bettany bull, looking at pics of the orginal Bob Kane Joker, Hulme and Bettany, Hulme looks more like the Joker. All Bettany looks like is a british guy that should be in a club somewhere snorting coke, not a Batman Villian.

Btw, reading is good.

Ming said:
I am confident enough in my masculinity that I can say Hulme is one handsome man. He would be great as the Joker.

As for the Bettany bull, looking at pics of the orginal Bob Kane Joker, Hulme and Bettany, Hulme looks more like the Joker. All Bettany looks like is a british guy that should be in a club somewhere snorting coke, not a Batman Villian.

Btw, reading is good.

If looks were everything, Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been a brilliant Mr. Freeze.

What? Watch him shove a Scarfaced sized mound of columbian pure up his nose? I'm sure that's a sight to see...

Ming said:

Btw, reading is good.

I would like to add that I was one of the three guys I referred to as "gaying up." So... obviously I'm pretty secure in my masculinity as well. Thanks for playing, though. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"