Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

Ewan McGregor says filming of the Obi-Wan series pushed til next January

"It just slipped to next year, that's all.The scripts are really good. I think that so now that Episode IX came out and everyone at Lucasfilm's got more time to look to spend on the writing, they felt like they wanted more time to write the episodes. I read about 80-90 percent of what they've written so far and it's really, really good. And instead of shooting this August, they just want to start shooting in January, that's all. It's nothing more dramatic than that. It often happens in projects, they just wanted to push it to next year."

Ewan McGregor says filming of the Obi-Wan series pushed til next January

"It just slipped to next year, that's all.The scripts are really good. I think that so now that Episode IX came out and everyone at Lucasfilm's got more time to look to spend on the writing, they felt like they wanted more time to write the episodes. I read about 80-90 percent of what they've written so far and it's really, really good. And instead of shooting this August, they just want to start shooting in January, that's all. It's nothing more dramatic than that. It often happens in projects, they just wanted to push it to next year."
But they're changing the scripts though, no? This is so confusing lol. I just hope it all works out. But i get the feeling there's some drama going on behind the scenes that we dont know about.

That's what confuses me. She knew what the scripts looked like for a while though, and i'm sure she knew what Mandalorian would be about too. Suddenly they're too similar and just realize this now? Come on, that's weird.

giphy.gif

That's what confuses me. She knew what the scripts looked like for a while though, and i'm sure she knew what Mandalorian would be about too. Suddenly they're too similar and just realize this now? Come on, that's weird.
If that source is correct about Mandalorian similarities being the reason, then I'm just baffled, apparently The Force Awakens being a glorified A New Hope remake is fine, not to mention the ridiculous number of story beats VIII and IX take from V and VI respectively, but Kenobi having some thematic similarities to Mandalorian is too much? It seems weird to hold the shows to a higher standard than multi-hundred million dollar films.

Reactions: Bim
Truth is, they have been working on this for 4 years now, so maybe there is a lot more going on than we know. But I do feel like it seems whenever there is something that old Star Wars fans are excited about, here comes KK to mess it up. After the way they messed up Han, Luke and even Lando in the Solo movie, I shudder to think what they are going to do to bastardize the hell out of Kenobi.

Dont take away my hopes and dreams like that :(

This isn't a stand-alone movie, is it? I thought this was going to be a series on Disney+.

There’s a channel that backs up the rumour, but makes it seem like like it may only be as cameos or a supporting character. He also says his sources said we’ll see Clone Wars flashbacks!

As always, take it with a grain of salt.

Has a Darth Maul series been announced?

Ray Park is about to get canned...

Has a Darth Maul series been announced?

Ray Park is about to get canned...
I don't think Disney/Lucasfilm is happy about it but I don't think they're sweating too much either since it's not front page news since he's really only famous among fan communities and he's easily replaceable since he was so covered in makeup and didn't provide the voice in either of his onscreen appearances anyway.

I feel worse for his family since it sounds like he's put them through a lot of abuse.

I don't think Disney/Lucasfilm is happy about it but I don't think they're sweating too much either since it's not front page news since he's really only famous among fan communities and he's easily replaceable since he was so covered in makeup and didn't provide the voice in either of his onscreen appearances anyway.

I feel worse for his family since it sounds like he's put them through a lot of abuse.
I wonder how good Sam Witwer would look in makeup. :hehe:

The abuse sounds terrible, indeed.

I wonder how good Sam Witwer would look in makeup. :hehe:
I'm sure he'd do fine considering how much the fans loved him as Maul in The Clone Wars. He's a little taller than Park but that can be explained by the new mechanical legs. I don't know how his martial arts skills are compared to Park's but a stunt double could cover that anyway. Non-hardcore fans wouldn't even notice that another actor is playing Maul.

Did they confirm that Ray Park actually did that thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"