Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy on Baby Yoda, 'The Mandalorian' and the Future of 'Star Wars'

There are a record number of women directors nominated for Emmys this year, and three of your eight episodes were directed by women. Is that a priority for you?
It’s absolutely a priority. It’s been very exciting to see the talent that’s come in. And we’re now developing the limited Obi-Wan Kenobi series with Deborah Chow, and she’s just been doing a phenomenal job.

Ewan McGregor Says 'Obi-Wan' Will Be a 'Standalone Season' (Exclusive)

McGregor, of course, played Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy of George Lucas' space epic, and will soon be reprising the role in an Obi-Wan-centered series for Disney+.

"Spring next year we start," he revealed of production plans. "I'm really excited about it. It's gonna be great, I think."

And while fans are eagerly awaiting the return of another Star Wars series, The Mandalorian, McGregor noted there aren't any plans, yet, for a second season of Obi-Wan.

"As I understand, it's a standalone season," he said. "We'll see. Who knows?"

I hope it's just a miniseries. I don't think you need a whole show on Obi Wan as much as I love the character

I agree. If he has five seasons worth of adventures, it kind of diminishes the point of him being in hiding. The more people he encounters, the likelier it would be for his cover to be blown. Bad enough he still used the name Kenobi anyway. :o

But a 6-8 episode miniseries that covers a relatively long span of years between ROTS and ANH is fine by me.

Interesting, I wonder what character they are up for. :hmm

I hope this does well if they move forward with it. Though given the track record with Lucas established characters I'm not expecting much.

Honestly I sort of wish they would abandon this in favor of more original stories like the Mandalorian. Wouldn't mind him in a flashback if they did an Ahsoka series though.

I think Obi-Wan makes sense to do a movie/show about. McGregor is a great age for the role, and they have 30 years worth of stuff between ROTS me RO/ANH to tell story’s about. I can’t wait for this one.

Ewan still looks great for his age. They can even have this series take place 3-5 years after Revenge of the Sith if they want

Star Wars: Kenobi - Production List | Film & Television Industry Alliance

Star Wars: Kenobi (Series)
In Development/Pre-Production • Last Updated on 11/30/2020

Shoot Date: January 04, 2021
Locations: Boston, MA, United States
London, United Kingdom

Tatooine-a harsh desert world where farmers toil in the heat of two suns while trying to protect themselves and their loved ones from the marauding Tusken Raiders. A backwater planet on the edge of civilized space. And an unlikely place to find a Jedi Master in hiding, or an orphaned infant boy on whose tiny shoulders rests the future of a galaxy.

Filming begins in March, Hayden will be playing Vader, Kennedy is pitching it as the "rematch of the century."
8jtSHQe.gif

Playing Vader...he'll be in the suit? Because we already know what Darth Vader sounds like.

I'm not worried about the details right now. Hayden and Ewan together again brings warm feelings to my heart. I need this show in my life soon lol

Yeah, to me that seems very likely. Imagine these guys in clone armor :D

I'm happy that Vader v Kenobi will be the focus of the series. Obi Wan looking out for a young Luke Skywalker would feel too much like The Mandalorian.

But didn’t Obi-Wan not see Vader again til New Hope? I don’t understand how there can be a rematch when the rematch was in Episode IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"