Excel Presents "The Batman": His Big Screen Batman Reboot

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
Ok, I started a similar thread on this subject in the past, but the story I wanted to tell took too long to perfect. But I do think it is ready now, and think it is pretty good. This is how I think W.B. should handle the new Batman franchise.

It's summer 2013. Man of Steel is a big hit, and we are preparing justice league WITHOUT Batman. In his place is Joseph Gordon Lovits TDKR character.

As WB, from the beginning, the thought process is "where do we go from here"? Regarding Batman. It's been a year since TDKR was released to wide spread acclaim and Box office success. Nolan's trilogy set the bar very high. Do we wait 10+ years to bring the character back, or should we move forward sooner?

The answer is YES. The character is too profitable, too popular, with too much potential to be left on the big screen for very long. We do not want to kill his brand, but it makes no sense to own the rights to the most popular pop culture hero of todays times and just sit on them. So, how do we top Nolan?

The answer is we don't. We do something different. Nolan emphasized realism. We will try to maintain the realistic aspects of the characters and plots, but the atmosphere will be different, the tone will be different. It will be more comic booky, more in vein of arkham city.

Spring 2014.

The executive producer, Excel, along with his boy J.J. Abrams, have an epic, 300 page script written to bring Batman back to the big screen. The decisions are made.

Warner Brothers Announces The Big Screen Return of Batman
Los Angeles: Warner Brothers has given the keys to the Batman franchise over to Excel, who today dropped some very interesting news.

The Batman franchise will be relaunched with two films: The Batman, which will open on December 14th, 2016, and then Batman Revenge, which will open on July 21st, 2017.

Details about the plot and cast are said to be coming soon.

It is one story told through 2 movies. The first will be a lot of character scenes and set up, and will be heavy oscar bait. The 2nd film will be more action oriented, and fit into the summer well. The films will feature an established Batman.

More to come, letting this play out the way it would in real life.

i thought about JGL replacing batman in the next batman series as a combo of nightwing and batman beyond, but i still want bale to return for a jl film.

I don't see Bale or JGL even being options for the JL movie.

I really hope Bale doesn't do a JL movie... I loved his Batman in Nolan's universe and I loved the storyline for Bruce Wayne and I think that Bruce Wayne in Nolan's universe portrayed by Bale is complete, I want a completely new Batman with another story that fits with the JL universe.

Summer 2014

Guillermo Del Toro directing next two Bat movies
Visionary director Guillermo Del Toro is directing the next two batman movies for warner brothers. The two films, titled THE BATMAN and BATMAN: REVENGE, open in late 2016 and summer 2017, respectively.

Breaking News: Michael Fsssbender is the new Batman
michael+fassbender.jpg

Daniel Day Lewis joins Bat cast as The Riddler
255239~Daniel-Day-Lewis-Posters.jpg

Charlize Theron is Silver St. Cloud
charlize-theron-4.jpg

Meh, other than Del Toro, a very unimaginative fan dream movie.

I'm not sure I "get" this thread. you're just posting fake news articles from the future. why not just post in batman reboot thread...

Fall 2014

Interview with Bat director Guillermo Del Toro!

Q: So give us the lowdown on Bats. Whats good? Tell us about the films and why you are making two instead of one.

A: Well, we have an excellent story -a huge story- which we felt would be best spread out over two films rather than crammed into one. We are following Chris Nolan, LOL. We are trying to create our own world, with our own characters. It takes time; there is a lot going on and a lot to cover.

Q: Well give us some damn story details!

A: LOL the movie is two years away. It is not an origin movie; it is not a coming out of retirement movie, whatever. The movie opens with batman established, as he is in the comics. Obviously, he will be battling the riddler, who will played by Daniel Day Lewis.

Q: Charlize Theron is a big name actress for a non villain role. Will she have a big part?

A: Huge. Every actor is signing for two movies; she will be the female lead and 3rd in billing. The Nolan movies never really portrayed a Bruce Wayne who was in love. The love story of Wayne and Silver will be the films central relationship.

Q: But where there still be action!? 99% of comic book geeks are guys!

A: HA, yes. There will be plenty of action. Each film will be over two hours for sure, and crammed to the max. I would say there s more action in the second, while there is more build up and character development in the first but both will be very exciting films.

The Batman opens in just over 2 years.

Was Bale an imaginative choice circa 2003??

I'm not sure I "get" this thread. you're just posting fake news articles from the future. why not just post in batman reboot thread...

this is going to be pretty in depth ;)

This should just be merged with the Batman Reboot casting thread. :csad:

I think someone tried crawling out of the pit, fell and knocked himself silly.

There are about two dozen fan casts in the batman reboot thread imagine if every one started their own thread?

The only difference is he's posting photos with fake headlines.

There are about two dozen fan casts in the batman reboot thread imagine if every one started their own thread?

The only difference is he's posting photos with fake headlines.

Nonsense, this is going somewhere. Will be far more creative than the standard casting thread. Why not just comment on cast & follow along, you will all love the story i have.

Spring 2015
four more join 'bat' cast
it was announced today that four more will be joining the upcoming batman revival, including one stunner.
1. Anthony hopkins will portray the old butler, alfred
2. Jeff bridges will portray police commissioner james gordon.
3. Robin williams will play dr. Hugo strange, in what is described as a small role.

And finally...

4. Liam hemsworth is dick grayson. Robin will play a role in the two film series.

Cast as of right now, in billing order:
Bruce wayne/batman: Michael fassbender
Edward Nymga/Riddler: Daniel day lewis
Silver St. Cloud: Charlize theron
Dick Grayson: Liam hemsworth
Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin: Sean Penn
Alfred: Anthony Hopkins
James Gordon: Jeff Bridges
Hugo Strange: Robin Williams

it is clear that this is no kiddie batman, they are cast actors in their mid to late 30s. Production is to begin this july for december, 2016 & july, 2017 releases.

more join 'the batman'
guillermo del toro continues to stack his cast for his two part introductory take on batman. Nine more actors joined the cast today:

-Diane Keaton will play Dr. Leslie Thompkins, an associate of batmans and bruce waynes.

-Kevin Kline will portraying a character named William kerrigan, who is described a "prominent board member within wayne enterprises".

-Tim Robbins will be portraying gotham city mayor Hamilton Hill in the film.

-James Marsden will portray senator paul wallace.

-Sean Bean will play detective flass, a member of the gotham city police.

-Sam Shepard, Robert Patrick, and Lisa Kudrow (of friends fame) will play members of gothams high society.

The current cast listing, in order of billing:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Michael Fassbender
Edward Nymga/riddler: Daniel Day Lewis
Silver St. Cloud: Charlize theron
Dick Grayson: Liam hemsworth
Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin: Sean Penn
Alfred: Anthony Hopkins
James Gordon: Jeff Bridges
Leslie Thompkins: Diane Keaton
William Kerrigan: Kevin kline
Hamilton Hill: Tim Robbins
Hugo Strange: Robin Williams
Detective Flass: Sean Bean
Paul Wallace: James Marsden

all actors are signed for two films. Shooting begins in two weeks.

Last edited:
1st picture of Batmans suit:

DC_Comic__s_Batman__Stealth_by_skywarp_2.png

These would be believable and better if you used the punctuation and grammar of an actual news site/journalist. I hardly think Del Toro would say "LOL" in an interview, nor would the interviewer even write that as an insert for laughing.

This thread.... well, it could do a lot better. Especially that casting... that is a lot of big names to cram into a Batman movie, but I guess WB would want to go big for post-Nolan Batman...

Why is the actor chosen for Dick Grayson bigger than the actor chosen for Batman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KampRabbit1453
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"