The Dark Knight Eyes on this! Possible Viral Lead! Bat-fans Aaaaaasemble!!!

And what's up with this?! I know it's nothing but 10 things reffering to doughnuts in the hahahatimes

As far as plot goes, didn't it just prove that the joker, and not batman was the one who sent Fredrick Alder to the Hospital ICU (and eventually his death)? The article "Crime victim sues batman for loss of car" said that batman did it, but if Alder was found with joker cards, then it was probably the clown.

or, it shows that Alder was the one who was to give The joker the bus driver's license (which we had to steal back from the police by breaking into the safe and recovering it.) After Alder finished his job, he was killed, as is the joker's way.

That's a good point. I wonder how many more stories will unravel from The newspaper as well, possibly more virals that way so that we have a foundation to build from.

That's a good point. I wonder how many more stories will unravel from The newspaper as well, possibly more virals that way so that we have a foundation to build from.

i hope next it's more stuff about the Gina murder! i want to know why the mobsters needed her dead.

which gang was the one who killed her? I think there were three main ones fighting for power.

And what's up with this?! I know it's nothing but 10 things reffering to doughnuts in the hahahatimes

yeah, lot's of stuff about doughnuts and pigs. i figured it was just a bash on the police though.

i hope next it's more stuff about the Gina murder! i want to know why the mobsters needed her dead.

which gang was the one who killed her? I think there were three main ones fighting for power.

I thought she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time caught in a crossfire. I don't think it was a planned murder.

I thought she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time caught in a crossfire. I don't think it was a planned murder.

she WAS in the wrong place at the wrong time, Gina's death was a freak accident, the mafia didnt want her dead, it was just an accident.

As far as plot goes, didn't it just prove that the joker, and not batman was the one who sent Fredrick Alder to the Hospital ICU (and eventually his death)? The article "Crime victim sues batman for loss of car" said that batman did it, but if Alder was found with joker cards, then it was probably the clown.

or, it shows that Alder was the one who was to give The joker the bus driver's license (which we had to steal back from the police by breaking into the safe and recovering it.) After Alder finished his job, he was killed; as is the joker's way.

In follow up, Alder was not only meant to be Joker's agent in handling the ID for Karnassian, he also seems to have been under contract from the Joker to abduct a City Official. Ms. Swalthammer is noted in the article to be a "top-level civil cervant with Gotham's Power Department..." Now why would this 18 year old (whom I presume was a High School student in District 22) be out for the night Carjacking 45 year old career women by himself? Joker notes in his OutOfTime statement that Alder failed him, and thus we assume that Joker caught up with Alder at the ICU and gave him his job review and bonus ;-)

Okay, what is Joker up to? Obviously robbing banks is a little easy for the Clown Prince of Crime. I think there is a huge hint here as to the grand plot in TDK, too bad for Chuckles our good old friend in Bat showed up. But then I wonder why Joker sent an obvious amateur out to handle such a sensitive matter.

One last thought. I can't find Center City on the map anywhere. I have looked for Briggs and Dwoney and been unsuccessful. Center City is the neighborhood holding a lot of really important stuff including the Police HQ, the Doodad Club (a gambol stronghold), and the scene of the Carjacking. I wonder if District 22 might be in Center City.

Thoughts?

In follow up, Alder was not only meant to be Joker's agent in handling the ID for Karnassian, he also seems to have been under contract from the Joker to abduct a City Official. Ms. Swalthammer is noted in the article to be a "top-level civil servant with Gotham's Power Department..." Now why would this 18 year old (whom I presume was a High School student in District 22) be out for the night Carjacking 45 year old career women by himself? Joker notes in his OutOfTime statement that Alder failed him, and thus we assume that Joker caught up with Alder at the ICU and gave him his job review and bonus ;-)

Okay, what is Joker up to? Obviously robbing banks is a little easy for the Clown Prince of Crime. I think there is a huge hint here as to the grand plot in TDK, too bad for Chuckles our good old friend in Bat showed up. But then I wonder why Joker sent an obvious amateur out to handle such a sensitive matter.

One last thought. I can't find Center City on the map anywhere. I have looked for Briggs and Dwoney and been unsuccessful. Center City is the neighborhood holding a lot of really important stuff including the Police HQ, the Doodad Club (a gambol stronghold), and the scene of the Carjacking. I wonder if District 22 might be in Center City.

Thoughts?
I can buy that, although an 18-year-old could be in college as well. And maybe he liked her convertible, LOL. But I definitely think that Joker got to him in the end, for whatever reason.

We might get some more clues about this in the future, or maybe a reference in the movie to tie it all together.

On a semi-related note, I've been missing calls from this 800 number and I kept on wishing it was from the ARG, but I finally picked it up last night and it was someone from Barack Obama's primary campaign. :dry:

In follow up, Alder was not only meant to be Joker's agent in handling the ID for Karnassian, he also seems to have been under contract from the Joker to abduct a City Official. Ms. Swalthammer is noted in the article to be a "top-level civil cervant with Gotham's Power Department..." Now why would this 18 year old (whom I presume was a High School student in District 22) be out for the night Carjacking 45 year old career women by himself? Joker notes in his OutOfTime statement that Alder failed him, and thus we assume that Joker caught up with Alder at the ICU and gave him his job review and bonus ;-)

Thoughts?
1st post eh? Perhaps you have the eye of the tiger... or perhaps you are a :ninja: that knows something we don't? Either way you're on to something but can you explain where you get your deductions from please?

Hmmm, I can't find Briggs and Downey on the map either, nor Center City. It could be a borough name, but it's weird it's not on any maps.

There are a lot of Riggers and Farsborough-named streets though. :oldrazz:

1st post eh? Perhaps you have the eye of the tiger... or perhaps you are a :ninja: that knows something we don't? Either way you're on to something but can you explain where you get your deductions from please?

I must unfortunately admit that I am not a Ninja. Believe me, I wish I was. My deductions are just a little reading between the lines and connecting dots. I hope that when they continue with Volume 2 of The Gotham Times that there will be information about the robbery and the streets that the bank is on, that might help us triangulate the area in question.

The only possible leads I have so far to pinpoint Center City are East City Park, South City Park and North City Park, though this would only be useful if Center City was supposed to be in the center of the general Gotham geography. A lot of boroughs and neighborhood names appear on the map, for example MIDTOWN appears to be a borough (in the sense that Staten Island is a borough of New York) with the neighborhoods Gainsley and Reatton. Center City may be a reference to a general area or point of interest (like Grand Central or Times Square are to New York), and if that turns out to be the case I am willing to bet that Center City will be close to Wayne Tower. Should this be true, then I believe that Wayne's Penthouse will also be in Center City and will then give us reason to believe that Batman foiled the carjacking because he was "in the neighborhood" and not because he was tracking Joker's activity (I admit that it sounds like reaching, but the Sonic Sentinel did promise Gordon to "look into it..." when handed a Joker playing card). How long will the Joker have been around when TDK opens up? Does anyone here think that Batman was watching Alder as he approached Swalthammer's convertible in order to monitor the Joker's activity?

Please note that anything I could have written, thought, implied or alluded to may be up to 100% hooey. Please critique my information

I must unfortunately admit that I am not a Ninja. Believe me, I wish I was. My deductions are just a little reading between the lines and connecting dots. I hope that when they continue with Volume 2 of The Gotham Times that there will be information about the robbery and the streets that the bank is on, that might help us triangulate the area in question.

The only possible leads I have so far to pinpoint Center City are East City Park, South City Park and North City Park, though this would only be useful if Center City was supposed to be in the center of the general Gotham geography. A lot of boroughs and neighborhood names appear on the map, for example MIDTOWN appears to be a borough (in the sense that Staten Island is a borough of New York) with the neighborhoods Gainsley and Reatton. Center City may be a reference to a general area or point of interest (like Grand Central or Times Square are to New York), and if that turns out to be the case I am willing to bet that Center City will be close to Wayne Tower. Should this be true, then I believe that Wayne's Penthouse will also be in Center City and will then give us reason to believe that Batman foiled the carjacking because he was "in the neighborhood" and not because he was tracking Joker's activity (I admit that it sounds like reaching, but the Sonic Sentinel did promise Gordon to "look into it..." when handed a Joker playing card). How long will the Joker have been around when TDK opens up? Does anyone here think that Batman was watching Alder as he approached Swalthammer's convertible in order to monitor the Joker's activity?

Please note that anything I could have written, thought, implied or alluded to may be up to 100% hooey. Please critique my information
Just making sure... welcome aboard!!! You're right at the end of BB Bats does say he'll look into it and the only problem in all this is not knowing if TDK is set right after the events on BB or much later. I was under the assumption that the TDK Prelude was either before the ending to BB or very close to it's ending. I do think we're in a Viral recession and we're reaching way too far though.

P.S. Wouldn't it be a little hard for the Caped Crusader to relocate to the center of the city? I mean with all his equipment i.e. tumbler and suits? Wouldn't it make more sense that his actual penthouse is at Wayne Tower? It would be closer to Fox's department no?

Just making sure... welcome aboard!!! You're right at the end of BB Bats does say he'll look into it and the only problem in all this is not knowing if TDK is set right after the events on BB or much later. I was under the assumption that the TDK Prelude was either before the ending to BB or very close to it's ending. I do think we're in a Viral recession and we're reaching way too far though.
From articles in The Gotham Times, I estimate that the end of BB probably takes place in August/September 2007 in our timeline. It's mentioned that he's been spotted 23 times in one of the articles, and I suppose that being Batman a few times a week would probably suffice.

From articles in The Gotham Times, I estimate that the end of BB probably takes place in August/September 2007 in our timeline. It's mentioned that he's been spotted 23 times in one of the articles, and I suppose that being Batman a few times a week would probably suffice.
23 Separate times seems far-fetched for a hero that uses discretion and lurking in the shadows when dealing with bad guys. It actually seems pretty bad on ol' Bats reputation I think. If it's 23 spottings reported by different people in the same night it actually makes more sense without including each time a bad guy spotted him after being on the receiving end of a beatdown:dry:

23 Separate times seems far-fetched for a hero that uses discretion and lurking in the shadows when dealing with bad guys. It actually seems pretty bad on ol' Bats reputation I think. If it's 23 spottings reported by different people in the same night it actually makes more sense without including each time a bad guy spotted him after being on the receiving end of a beatdown :dry:
Well the exact quote in the article is:

The Gotham Police Department reports that "the individual some are calling The Batman", as he is known on official documents, has made 23 appearances at crime scenes in Gotham. Batman has stopped a bank robbery in progress, rescued hostages during the "Post Office bombing", made several "snatch and grab" missions against reported organized crime leaders, and prevented several street muggings and shake-down attempts.
So, "spotted" was probably not the best word, but just 23 instances where his involvement was implicated. And of course when he rescues people, those people probably see him better than the thugs he beats up. :oldrazz:

Well the exact quote in the article is:

So, "spotted" was probably not the best word, but just 23 instances where his involvement was implicated. And of course when he rescues people, those people probably see him better than the thugs he beats up. :oldrazz:
So TDK could be as much as a year into the future from BB.

P.S. Wouldn't it be a little hard for the Caped Crusader to relocate to the center of the city? I mean with all his equipment i.e. tumbler and suits? Wouldn't it make more sense that his actual penthouse is at Wayne Tower? It would be closer to Fox's department no?

You have a good argument, I don't think that there are a great number of places within the city that Bruce could hide all the "toys" and Wayne Tower would seem amenable to a tenant like Batman. I would love to know where the Archives from BB were located, I wouldn't just assume that they were in Wayne Tower but you never can tell.

So TDK could be as much as a year into the future from BB.
I sincerely doubt it would be that much. Haven't the producers stated that TDK takes place not long after BB? Like less than 6 months?

It would have to be a little while. I mean they need to rebuild the batcave (which i would assume would take a while if you dont want people to know about it) and stuff plus there is the anime dvd coming out that shows what happens in between the films.

It would have to be a little while. I mean they need to rebuild the batcave (which i would assume would take a while if you dont want people to know about it) and stuff plus there is the anime dvd coming out that shows what happens in between the films.
That's why Wayne has his penthouse and the underground temporary warehouse-thing to store Batman's toys. The original locations haven't finished being renovated yet.

Hopefully they'll get to use at least the original cave in the third film, since they still have that ginormous set at Shepperton...

I'm not sure what the anime DVD will show us that's drastically different from the ARG. The two might coincide, who knows. But the ARG is more of the Joker's point-of-view, and Gotham citizens' point-of-view, where the anime will be more of Batman's point-of-view. So I guess that could work.

Here is one concrete time frame. In the Gotham Times article "Arkham Asylum Commission Report To Be Released," new sentence beginning on line 12 reads "A preliminary report issued three weeks ago blamed 'institutional breakdowns in the rudiments of basic patient care' and warned several high-ranking Arkham Asylum officials that they might face criminal charges." Lets add three weeks prior to 'Thanksgiving' onto the big board.

I sincerely doubt it would be that much. Haven't the producers stated that TDK takes place not long after BB? Like less than 6 months?

It's odd though. At the very end of BB, Batsey was told about The Joker and a bank-robbery, which could possibly be the one in the prologue. So if that is the case, the ending of BB and the beginning of TDK overlap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"