The Dark Knight Eyes on this! Possible Viral Lead! Bat-fans Aaaaaasemble!!!

It's odd though. At the very end of BB, Batsey was told about The Joker and a bank-robbery, which could possibly be the one in the prologue. So if that is the case, the ending of BB and the beginning of TDK overlap...
It was "armed robbery, double homicide" so technically Gordon wouldn't have to be referring to the bank robbery in the prologue. Armed robbery and double homicide could be a mugging with a gun, then he shot the victims.

Didn't Gordon kind of imply that The Joker was previouslly in Arkham? Or am I just reading to much into his words?

It was "armed robbery, double homicide" so technically Gordon wouldn't have to be referring to the bank robbery in the prologue. Armed robbery and double homicide could be a mugging with a gun, then he shot the victims.

M-kay. Just clearing that up...:cwink:

i think he is talking about the bank robbery because the joker only kills 2 people BUT he doesnt leave a card so...i dont know

i think he is talking about the bank robbery because the joker only kills 2 people BUT he doesnt leave a card so...i dont know

Here's the continuity problem: there were, what, 6 people killed during the robbery? Hardly a "double homicide".

And he could have left the card at any time. We just didn't see it.

What I don't get is when did he have the time to put on his "war paint"? Because when he was waiting for the van he didn't have it on. And then during the heist, you suddenly notice make-up paint poking out from under his mask.

He had it on the whole time, suspend belief for a few minutes and don't look too much into little details like that. They weren't going to have Heath Ledger with the make-up on during the entire shooting, that'd just be damn uncomfortable.

He had his makeup on all along, but when the car pulled up, obviously no one was paying attention.

Here's the continuity problem: there were, what, 6 people killed during the robbery? Hardly a "double homicide".

What I don't get is when did he have the time to put on his "war paint"? Because when he was waiting for the van he didn't have it on. And then during the heist, you suddenly notice make-up paint poking out from under his mask.

yeah a bunch of people were killed but he only killed 2 himself the bus driver and the bank manager

what happened to the guy who was gonna scan the poster so we could see it in high res?

That is old news. Several people have already determined that the suspicious lines on the poster were not readable no matter how many times they tried. We have yet to hear any updates, so currently, the posters are pretty much a dead end for now.

That is old news. Several people have already determined that the suspicious lines on the poster were not readable no matter how many times they tried. We have yet to hear any updates, so currently, the posters are pretty much a dead end for now.
Yeah. I looked at the poster myself at the theater I could not see anything.

i filtered it and darkened that area, ya it is just a building

Personally, I'm of the approach that we viral-followers contributed to the lack of attention Joker recieved while he was waiting for his pick up. Remember his first task? There certainly was plenty of Joker look-alikes wandering the city that the Gotham Times noted it, but the common citizentry probably just ignored anyone Jokered up after a while. Common symptom of the city, ignore anything on the street once it gets too common, neh? Besides I bet everyone else [ie the movie population] thought Joker was just another smuck with clown makeup on and not the real deal. But we know better don't we? :hoboj:

yeah a bunch of people were killed but he only killed 2 himself the bus driver and the bank manager

But how would Gordon/the GPD know which gun the Joker used (and how many people he PERSONALLY killed)? Rather, they would have found multiple bodies -- which is not a "double" homicide.

wait a minute. Is it just me or did Mr. J hurt the bank manager and leave. I remember he placed a Joker bomb on his mouth , but never killed him. :huh:

Either a witness inside the bank told police he killed 2 people or the "double homicide" was an entirely different event.

I'm guessing we are missing a big clue, because there was no witness. He planned it all out even leaving with the other buses.

I'm guessing we are missing a big clue, because there was no witness. He planned it all out even leaving with the other buses.
He let all of the hostages live, unless all the grenades explode in the very next scene. :oldrazz:

Well folks, I want to put the stake in the heart of this right now. The following events have just taken place in the ARG, coordinating with the Narrow's Attack from BB. With the Narrow's attack as a start off point, the following items must occur in linear sequence:

1. The Gotham Times (Volume 1) prints a story on Thanksgiving (Nov. 23) claiming that a report on the "institutional breakdown" at Arkham Asylum was already three weeks old.
2. In the same newspaper, a story about Frederick Alder, would-be carjacker is run, detailing not only his activities, but also his later whereabouts.
3. The joker leads his clowns to the Evidence Vault of Precinct 12, where, after intense problem solving they unlock the location and reclaim the personal effects of Frederick Alder, including the GUSD ID of one Jake Karnassian.
4. The GUSD website notes to important details: 1) Jake Karnassian is reported "on hiatus" as of 11/30, 2) that recent events in the Narrow's have closed down bus service in District 22.
5. After the caper, Joker escapes in a bus marked District 22, obviously a signal that the activities of Frederick Alder aided the Joker in planning and executing the bank robbery.

If the Gotham Times had not come out, then we would have no way of calculating the timing of the Robbery. Clearly the robbery happened in real time with the ARG, having included Joker's clowns as part of the planning and preparation for the heist. As the times has also reported that Batman has been spotted almost two dozen other occasions, it must be assumed that at least three weeks has passed since the Narrow's Attack and the night that Gordon and Batman first discussed the Joker's "double homicide."

What was that original crime from BB? I believe that it may have been a dress rehearsal, wouldn't that be very Joker-esque?

Well folks, I want to put the stake in the heart of this right now. The following events have just taken place in the ARG, coordinating with the Narrow's Attack from BB. With the Narrow's attack as a start off point, the following items must occur in linear sequence:

1. The Gotham Times (Volume 1) prints a story on Thanksgiving (Nov. 23) claiming that a report on the "institutional breakdown" at Arkham Asylum was already three weeks old.
2. In the same newspaper, a story about Frederick Alder, would-be carjacker is run, detailing not only his activities, but also his later whereabouts.
3. The joker leads his clowns to the Evidence Vault of Precinct 12, where, after intense problem solving they unlock the location and reclaim the personal effects of Frederick Alder, including the GUSD ID of one Jake Karnassian.
4. The GUSD website notes to important details: 1) Jake Karnassian is reported "on hiatus" as of 11/30, 2) that recent events in the Narrow's have closed down bus service in District 22.
5. After the caper, Joker escapes in a bus marked District 22, obviously a signal that the activities of Frederick Alder aided the Joker in planning and executing the bank robbery.

If the Gotham Times had not come out, then we would have no way of calculating the timing of the Robbery. Clearly the robbery happened in real time with the ARG, having included Joker's clowns as part of the planning and preparation for the heist.

What was that original crime from BB? I believe that it may have been a dress rehearsal, wouldn't that be very Joker-esque?
I dunno if Frederick Alder necessarily has anything to do with the buses. He was trying to carjack the convertible of a woman who worked at the Gotham Power Dept, and there is no indication that he took Karnassian's ID himself. It's just noted in the evidence safe puzzle that the police have something that "surely doesn't belong to them." The contents of the safe could be from several, separate incidences.

Jake Karnassian's ID was used as a "ticket" to get into the IMAX prologue screening.

It's also mentioned in one of the articles that Batman has made 23 appearances at crime scenes so far, so that makes me think the newspaper was published at least a month or two after the end of BB. (He doesn't dress up every night since he has to play the partying socialite sometimes.) They also had to bring Harvey Dent in and he establishes himself somewhat, that obviously needs some time as well.

It's also mentioned in one of the articles that Batman has made 23 appearances at crime scenes so far, so that makes me think the newspaper was published at least a month or two after the end of BB. (He doesn't dress up every night since he has to play the partying socialite sometimes.)

They also had to bring Harvey Dent in and he establishes himself somewhat, that obviously needs some time as well.

Very good points!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"