Xbox Fable Legends

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-fable-legends-is-fable-but-with-friends

Gamescom: Fable Legends is Fable, But With Friends
Fable Legends is an extraordinarily ambitious re-imagining of the series.

by Keza MacDonald
August 20, 2013

Albion - Lionhead's fantastical, idealised, over-saturated version of England's green and pleasant land - looks more beautiful than ever. Dense woodland and verdant meadows stretch off into the distance, where a tumbledown city is just visible. A hero fights some goblin-like redcaps on a clifftop, giving himself a running commentary as he does so: "our hero enters the scene: brave, charming, capable of self-narration." It's a good-humoured fairytale, just like Fable has always been.
But there is a difference. The hero on-screen, a Prince Charming type who flourishes a rapier and wise-cracks in classic Fable style - is just one of four working together. The other three - a fabulously-attired magician, a female warrior with a shield that looks like it weighs as much as she does, a crossbow-wielding archer - are controlled by other players. And the enemies are controlled by another, fifth player: the villain. From a top-down perspective, the villain controls the heroes' quest, placing enemies, traps, ambushes and more in their path as they play. He's the classic dungeon master.

It's not quite the Fable MMO that's long been rumoured, then, but it's very ambitious. Fable Legends is set 400 years before the other Fable games, at a time when Albion's myths and folklore are still being forged, the point at which legends are reality. Heroes are common: these four on-screen aren't the only ones (and when the game comes out, they won't be the only ones you can play), and they compete and co-operate with each other to step out into the wilds and claim the monster-ridden lands whilst villagers cower away at home. It's not Fable 4, but it's most definitely Fable.
“
It's not Fable 4, but it's most definitely Fable.

Fable has always given you the choice over whether to be the hero or the villain, but as game director David Eckelberry points out, that's never fundamentally changed the gameplay before. This time it absolutely does. The villain role is inspired by the Sauron-esque image of the villain atop some tower, looking down and directing minions on the battlefield. As the villain you control the quest for the players: where enemies will spawn, how aggressive they are, when the boss will come lumbering out of its lair, when to bring down an impassable portcullis or lay a trap to separate heroes from each other to thwart them.
Fable Legends is designed around five people playing at once, though should you wish to play alone the AI will take over the roles of your companions and the antagonist. That, though, is not the game that Lionhead has designed. The four heroes I saw all played very differently - Prince Charming was closest to classic Fable gameplay, with the camera hanging back above his shoulders, where the archer was viewed through an over-the-should, third-person-shooter perspective. The warrior woman, meanwhile, was the tank of the party, where the magician Winter is a support class whose freezing spell stops enemies in their tracks for one of the others to shatter. These are classic MMO roles, but the combat is far from the sterile experience that can sometimes define that genre. It looks accessible, fast-paced and very physical. Playing alone, you can switch between these party members at will.
Naturally this changes a lot of how Fable Legends plays, but it doesn't change the fundamentals of the series: great storytelling, a gorgeous world and quintessential British humour. The last two are in full evidence even at this early stage. Lionhead's aim with Fable Legends is to create the most beautiful online fantasy out there, and that looks well within the studio's reach with the help of Unreal Engine 4. The heroes chattered entertainingly to each other throughout the quest, and the boss, when it emerged from its lair in some ruins topped with an overgrown stone statue in the shape of a crescent moon, was an ogre with a club topped with the head of another ogre, which was continually arguing with its owner. I'm told that the emotes will definitely be making a return, thankfully - it just wouldn't be a Fable game without the option to fart at people on command

The idea of having a live dungeon master raises a lot of complex questions. This is much, much more complicated than Fable 3's rather tacked-on co-op mode, and Lionhead is going to have to work hard to build an infrastructure that can support five players like this. Matchmaking, especially, will be crucial, and is a big focus for the studio. Fable Legends makes use of the Xbox One's cloud capabilities, and thus it's not playable offline. It's also quest-based rather than open world: there's a hub city called Brightlodge, where you can occupy yourself with classic Fable busywork like smithing and pie-making and, presumably, trying to seduce random townspeople, and once you've selected a quest from the map (like in the first Fable) you're sent out into the world.
The presence of a human villain theoretically means that no quest is the same twice. Being the villain can be as easy or complicated as the player chooses; if you don't fancy placing every enemy and trap individually, there will be pre-built loadouts that you can play around with. As you become a better villain you'll earn more points to spend on units. Eckelberry expects that the people who are best at being the villain will be those who watch how players are working together and adapt their strategy around that, cutting them off from one another or creating distractions to catch one on their own, and directing enemy behaviour as well as placement. The top-down perspective seems well-suited to Smartglass, and you'll be able to use a tablet to place and direct minions as well as the controller.
Because Fable Legends isn't an MMO, it's not limited in the same ways as an MMO. Lionhead hasn't had to build an enormous open world that can support hundreds of hours of exploration and play, meaning that Lionhead can lavish the same artistic attention to detail upon each individual environment. It still looks and feels just like Fable should, then, and if Lionhead can pair this hugely adventurous five-player gameplay with the at turns hilarious, affecting and rousing storytelling and characterisation of Fable games past, Fable Legends could be very special indeed.
2 videos at link

[YT]
zMbfWiz58zw[/YT]

&nbsp

Screens from [URL="http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15863-Fable-Legends-Announced-for-Xbox-One-"]http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15863-Fable-Legends-Announced-for-Xbox-One-[/URL][Updated-With-Trailer---Screens].html

med_Gamescom_Legends02.jpg

med_Gamescom_Legends03.jpg

med_Gamescom_Legends05.jpg

Last edited:
The trailer for this has me so excited. Just love the overall idea, look and feel.

Oh wow. I was really surprised to see this one at Gamerscon, really wasn't expecting it at all, although I really don't know why since Fable is a bedrock Microsoft franchise.

Anyway, Im very excited about this one.
The images Ive seen so far look SO very good. *Absolutely delicious!* Really can't wait to see more!

It'll definitely benefit from no Molyneux.

Loving what I see. I'm a huge Fable fan, I hope this makes a ton of money so we can get a Fable sequel (rather than a prequel) that's MMO'ish.

I've been playing Fable 3 and not hating it anywhere near as much as I'm supposed to so it looks like I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to this franchise. From the screenshots around the web for this game I'm surprised it's not being pushed.

Well they don't have a release date and the footage is just a demo, I think they're still working on it. When they get close to finishing I'm sure we'll be seeing it everywhere.

Yeah, probably right.

Just keep finding ways to milk it, Peter.
There weren't exactly a tonne of retail Fable games this gen (8 years). Especially compared to the CoDs & A Creeds.

ok so most places put this as the date to day

such as this

Xbox One
Fable Legends launches October 13
Published 7 hours ago. 7 comments.

Free-to-play, cross-play Fable game dated.

Fable-Legends-Oct-13.jpg

Fable Legends will be available for Xbox One and PC on October 13.
The news comes via a San Diego Comic-Con recap video published by the official Xbox YouTube channel. The notice appears at one minute and 50 seconds.
Fable Legends will be free-to-play and support cross-play between Xbox One and PC users. Players can take on quests as one of a group of four heroes, or take on said heroes as the villain.
Thanks, r/XboxOne.

Read More

Xbox One, Fable Legends, Lionhead Studios, Microsoft, Release Dates, RPG

but game informer has stated that micro soft claim this

source:Gematsu& GI

I was waiting for the former to fallow suit cause they were told there. But I can wait no further

I like the idea of cross play. Will try I on pc then and see how good the cross play is. Will I be able to join an xbox party?

Man I wish I had internet for these mmo's! lol

Xbox One
Fable Legends Gamescom 2015 trailer, gameplay, and screenshots
Published 9 hours ago. 10 comments.
Free-to-play Fable out this holiday.

Fable-Legends_08-05-15.jpg

Microsoft released a new trailer, gameplay footage, and screenshots for Fable Legends at Gamescom.
The free-to-play multiplayer Fable game is due out for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC with cross-play this holiday.
Get the footage and fact sheet below. View the screenshots at the gallery.
Trailer

[YT]yJZ8rXIy4I8[/YT]
Gameplay

[YT]uRjruuZI30A[/YT]

[YT]ToULKaebBjE[/YT]
About
Fable Legends unites the classic charm that Fable players have come to love from the series with all of the next-generation capabilities of Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Claim your legacy as a fearless Hero or a cunning Villain as you clash against one another other in thrilling 4v1 battles to determine the fate of Albion in this free-to-play action-RPG from Lionhead Studios.
Features
Rediscover The Magic of Fable
It’s no surprise that millions of players have visited and adored the welcoming countryside of this “once upon a time” storyland. Fable Legends brings you to a place where history, myth, and folklore are practically the same thing. Of course you’ll also find monsters, villains, and even the occasional disaster, but you shouldn’t take it too seriously. Albion is a unique fantasy land where epic, tragic, and comedic stories all combine for a one of a kind experience.
Return to Albion, a picturesque land full of thrilling stories, exciting combat, and high adventure, for an innovative journey on Windows 10 and Xbox One .
Play Fable Legends Across Devices
Experience cross-device play between Windows 10 devices and Xbox One. Play with friends and match-make on either platform with any combination of Windows 10 and Xbox One players in exciting 4v1 multiplayer matches. Microsoft-powered, cloud-synced player profiles allow you to have access to all of your items and progress on either platform – giving gamers the flexibility to play how and where they want.
Accessible For All
Designed for accessibility, “Fable Legends” brings the magic of the Fable universe to the biggest audience ever. Fable Legends is free-to-play on Windows 10 PC and on Xbox One with Xbox Live Gold. Anything that affects gameplay can be found or earned by playing, and players can choose to spend real money on cosmetic items and other in-game content. Any items a player earns or purchases on one device are automatically synced to others.
New Ways to Play the Hero
In Fable Legends, you’re never alone. Play cooperatively with up to three friends and discover the game’s quests and content together, or go the single-player route and take on a party of three heroic AI companions that follow your lead through stories and adventures. Play whatever style you want, when you want. After all, you’re the Hero. And just what kind of Hero you choose to play is up to you. Fable Legends takes you back to a time when Albion is teeming with Heroes, so there’s bound to be one for you. Fearless warriors. Cunning tricksters. Masters of Will. Paragons of virtue. Heartless mercenaries. Intoxicated brawlers. Chicken chasers. They’re all here, and many more besides. You’ll be able to customize your abilities, alter your appearance, and advance your Hero by earning experience and finding new armour, weapons, and treasures.
Or Is Evil Your Thing?
Fable has always presented opportunities for mischief and villainy, and in Fable Legends fans can play the bad guy as never before. As the Villain, players take control of the many creatures, minions, traps, and environmental hazards that Heroes must overcome. Villain play combines elements of strategic decision making and tactical control. When those pitiful Heroes enter an area, you’ll choose which minions are sent into battle and where to place these creatures to maximize their effectiveness. Once the fight begins, you issue the orders for your creatures to execute: telling them where to go, which Hero to attack, and what abilities to use to ensure your evil plans come to fruition.
All for One. Or One Takes All.
You can play with other people in a four-player cooperative experience or as the Villain. Your Heroic party could be all human players, or a mix of players and AI-controlled Heroes. You can switch easily between single player and multiplayer styles of play whenever you decide, or when a friend signs on.
As a Villain, you can challenge parties of human players, AI opponents, or mixed groups. The combination of experiences make Fable Legends into a unique experience for 5 players: 4 Heroes vs 1 Villain. Which will you choose?

visit gallery »

Read More

Xbox One, Clips, Fable Legends, Gameplay, Gamescom 2015, Lionhead Studios, Screenshots, Trailers
source:Gematsu

The good thing about free to play that I've found is that it means a lot of people are playing and it's not that hard convincing a group of friends to play.

any more word on when this will launch?

I thought it was supposed to come out this month?

Yeah I can't find it and haven't heard anything recently. Was supposed to be Q4 2015 I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"